PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with the nissan 300zx Fuel System

nicon
07-04-2007, 12:27 AM
My Car It Runs Great When I Bairly Get On The Gas But If I Get On It To Much It Wants To Run Like A Lawnmower......Did A Full Tune Up Spark Plugs Wires Dist. Cap Even Replaced The Fuel Pump And The Problem Is Still There What Else Might I Do To Fix This Problem??? Its A 1986 w/o turbo 300zx

tbaerg
07-04-2007, 06:37 PM
my brother's 240sx is doing the same thing. his obdII reader gives him a faulty MAF sensor. We tore it apart and nothing looked wrong, so we're stumped for now.

krustindumm
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
how do you know it's the fuel system on the 300zx?

on the 240sx did you replace the MAF or just look at it?

DragonUSMC
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
^yeah looking at it isnt going to do anything... swap it out, test.

JJ240
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the pump? Try putting a gauge inline to check the fuel pressure. Recheck your ignition timing after you do plugs, wires, and cap/rotor.
As for the 240 with a questionable MAFS just unplug the MAFS and let it idle. If it idles better thats the problem. Otherwise borrow/buy one and see if it fixes the problem...what year is it? Pretty sure I have them all though.

nicon
07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
So Most Likely It Is Prolly Just Timing Issues Or Would You Say It Could Be A Fuel Problem Like A Plugged Injector Or Anything Maybe The Fuel Pump Isn't Pumping enough.....It Runs Fine Tell It Warms Up And You Get On The Throttle Any Info. Is Needed I Just Picked It Up For 900 cash and I want to Turn It Into A Drift Car And I Would Really Rather Just Get This Motor Running Instead of replacing the motor......Thanks

tbaerg
07-07-2007, 09:28 AM
sorry to jack this thread, but I took my maf out used some compressed air and electronic cleaner to clean it up; put it back in and haven't had a problem since. No more obd2 code either, so hopefully that will be the end of it. Now to fix that knock sensor.

DragonUSMC
07-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the pump? Try putting a gauge inline to check the fuel pressure. Recheck your ignition timing after you do plugs, wires, and cap/rotor.

READ THIS... there is where you can start with your fuel problem.

krustindumm
07-07-2007, 01:07 PM
So Most Likely It Is Prolly Just Timing Issues Or Would You Say It Could Be A Fuel Problem Like A Plugged Injector Or Anything Maybe The Fuel Pump Isn't Pumping enough.....It Runs Fine Tell It Warms Up And You Get On The Throttle Any Info. Is Needed I Just Picked It Up For 900 cash and I want to Turn It Into A Drift Car And I Would Really Rather Just Get This Motor Running Instead of replacing the motor......Thanks

No, most likely you're a moron. You can't make any assumptions without following proper diagnostic procedures. He was giving you some things to check, not an answer. No one can give you an answer without you doing some tests and checking things. So get out a service manual and an automotive dictionary, stop playing with yourself, and start reading.

nicon
07-28-2007, 08:09 AM
I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and reset the timing problem fixed

nicon
07-28-2007, 08:14 AM
I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and reset the timing problem fixed

[quote="nicon";p="129247":86a0a]So Most Likely It Is Prolly Just Timing Issues Or Would You Say It Could Be A Fuel Problem Like A Plugged Injector Or Anything Maybe The Fuel Pump Isn't Pumping enough.....It Runs Fine Tell It Warms Up And You Get On The Throttle Any Info. Is Needed I Just Picked It Up For 900 cash and I want to Turn It Into A Drift Car And I Would Really Rather Just Get This Motor Running Instead of replacing the motor......Thanks

No, most likely you're a moron. You can't make any assumptions without following proper diagnostic procedures. He was giving you some things to check, not an answer. No one can give you an answer without you doing some tests and checking things. So get out a service manual and an automotive dictionary, stop playing with yourself, and start reading.
[/quote:86a0a]thanks I fixed the problem