PDA

View Full Version : drifters meet

NISSAN300SX
06-27-2007, 03:53 PM
any one who owns a drift car like 86's and s13's or any rwd car that u can drift. u need to get ahold of me at doomsday_boy@hotmail.com. we are trying to get as many drift friendly people to meet in davenport, ia asap. we're gonna talk about potential meets, cruises, and drift events. we are also establishing a website and a club called iowadrift for anyone who is interested in joining. i know CR has lots of drifter people and we would like to bring CR and QC together for some big meets and good fun. also if anyone has time. try and make your way to stockton, ia. this is where i reside and would like very much for some CR people to come out see what we have going on so far and to talk about car stuff. so far we have at least 10 s13's and we've only begun to look for people. help us make it even more. if there are any meets in CR then we would be more than happy to try and make it up there. WARNING: we are not interested in fartcankids and ricerbodykitcars. We enjoy racing whether it be drift, drag or autocross. We don't condone street racing(lol parking lots are exempt). We are starting iowadrift purely to get people who have the same interests together to build, drive, race and have fun with their drift potential rides.

DustinsDuster
06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
you need to get ahold of boxmakingman on here, i would say hes one of the best drifters in the state from what i have seen and have been told...

s13kid
06-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Im just going to suggest to you that maybe you get a decent site running first. Not many people are going to want to drive an hour just to discuss the creation of what is to be "iowa drift"...

There are also a couple of midwest forums already established. They hold events and all that jazz.

- not trying to bash your thread. If your site does get up and running let me know I could use more forums to waste my time on :bigthumb:

DragonUSMC
06-28-2007, 11:19 AM
you need to get ahold of boxmakingman on here, i would say hes one of the best drifters in the state from what i have seen and have been told...

Yeah and Dave already belongs to a big organization that has meets throughout our region. They already have insurance, techs, organization, websites, sponsors, and have been doing business with many tracks across the region.

I think it would be cool if Iowa could have stuff like clubfr does with its Drift Days, but I think it would be a VERY difficult thing to do… especially seeing Chicago is so close to us and that is where they are based out of.

DragonUSMC
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I’ve been thinking about this more and more… cause I don’t want it to seem like I’m shooting your idea down. But just from lurking on the Clubfr site for a long while now I realize what they do is exceptional.

If you just wanted to make like your own little crew / team and then go drifting events already being hosted by things then I think that would be the best bet. Hell just take the 10 guys you got. Make stickers, website, and join clubfr. Then practice and head out to the drift days!

NISSAN300SX
06-29-2007, 11:30 AM
well if no one in CR is interested thats fine. im sure when some other drift club was getting started some people said hey we live so close to so an so's club why not join them. if thats how it all went down then there would only be one club. there are alot clubs that are near each other. im not saying we could hold our own major events but cruising together and going to events together as a team to represent our part of the country would be nice. i'll just stick to the qc area then.

DragonUSMC
06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
man i wasnt trying to drag you down... hell i'm in the QC area. What i'm saying is have you looked into the cost of insurance to host an event? Where would you host it?

No one is going to do a cone course, not for the $$ it will cost to cover the insurance. If you use tracks then you'll be using the same ones as the other MAJOR clubs in the midwest. And they've been working with these tracks for years... so good luck bumping them from their spot.

I'm saying make your own little team of guys, and go to a drift day... clubfr is just the organization that owns the insurance and everything else. By all means if you have the ability to pull the thousands of dollars out for insurance costs for an event and want to start one in iowa solely go for it.

I just find it easier to get your group together, make some stickers, t-shirts, web-page and then go to a regional Drift Day.

DragonUSMC
06-29-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.driftlive.com/dl/2007/06/24/ ... 3-gallery/ (http://www.driftlive.com/dl/2007/06/24/midwest-cup-round-3-gallery/)

Pics from the last drift day... was in WI if i remember correctly... JJ240 and i were at TogueFactory when they were all leaving for the event.

I cant tell you how many different "teams" go to this event... but i'll re-iterate that from what you are describing you want a "team" not an organization.

Pic #21 is our very own Boxmakingman

AutoMods
06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I may want to screw around on a track and try doing a little drifting just for fun. My email is ryans1000@yahoo.com , go ahead and email me if you have any organized events in iowa in the near future.

Ryan

nicon
07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Hey If This Is Josh I Know You Its Corey I Just Bought A 1986 Nissan 300zx (planning to become a drift car) but anywayz get back to me on that note

JJ240
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Stab me in the face.