PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Repair in town?

RandomHero
06-26-2007, 04:58 AM
i have an amp that doesnt work. i dont have the reciept and i dont really want to buy another. i was wondering if anyone knows of a place or a person that could look at it and fix it? im electronically illiterate.

DustinsDuster
06-26-2007, 06:25 AM
i have always heard Rysbrnr is pretty awesome with that stuff..

Stg4raddo
06-26-2007, 10:39 AM
matt what does it do? and BTW i have a killer discount now that im back at best buy till i find a real job lol bring it over some day. or stop by best buy and i can take a look

Ricky
06-26-2007, 08:31 PM
i could take a look at it and see if there are any bad caps or if anything looks like it was smoking.

think of me as a little Rysbrnr in training...

RandomHero
06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
well im putting a new cd player in my car this week and running a new amp kit. so im going to hook it all up again and see if it works. cause when i hooked it up when i had my Eclipse it didnt work. i dont know maybe the amp kit was too big?

Stg4raddo
06-26-2007, 09:44 PM
well if you have any problems give me a jingle . if some things bad inside you'll smell it for sure. amps give off the magic smoke very nicely. and then its probably a voltage regulator or resistor or a combo of the two. the amps ive pulled apart are almost always on the power line of the amp and a voltage regulator burned up and then burned a resistor or two. ive still got a 4 channel amp i need to fix.

lil krumm
06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
tyler you wanna look at one of my 3 that are broken. one is i think fried, other 2 both have a channel thats broken. the one thats "fried" sat for about 5 months and just quit working.

Stg4raddo
06-27-2007, 12:29 PM
kent you know ware to find me. give me a ring and ill pick it up or you can throw it out your window on your way by

Ricky
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
^ haha awsome. i could also take a look at it but tyler has looked at these before so he may know more. just open it and look for somthing that is black and looked like it was very hot. 9 time out of 10 if you see that thats your problem. if you let the smoke out of that stuff then it doesnt work anymore. got to keep the smoke sealed tight. cheak the power supply first and then if that checks out go from there. if something is wrong with the power supply then nothing will work at all which sounds like matts problem.

Ricky
07-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Matt your amp will/should be up and running with no problem after tonight. im really busy tonight so i wont get to it till late tonight and ill test it to make sure nothing eles is wrong. it would have been working last night but i couldn't remember what way one the caps. was faceing... i had it in backwards and let the magic smoke out in a loud pop. :) easy fix.

foxsgurl28
07-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Stg4raddo-what do you think of working at Best Buy? I have an interview tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it because I dont know if I will like it. Let me know!