PDA

View Full Version : Any avid Ebay sellers in here? Need help with custom listing

rysbrnr
06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I've sold stuff on Ebay before and in the de.scription box, you just type whatever you want. The de.scription just looks like plain text that is all word wrapped. It's always ugly looking and you can't make paragraphs, indent, bold, italicize or anything. I never cared before til now.

So, how do I create de.scription that allows custom fonts, colors, sizes, backgrounds and all that other good stuff? Is it something HTML based that people use? What the easiest way I can quickly create a custom Ebay listing like I described above?

drfast4ward
06-25-2007, 10:42 PM
do you have frontpage from msoffice professional? nice html editer/ creator, you can build it with frontpage, cut and paste it into ebay. pretty easy after a couple of times.

rysbrnr
06-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I have MS Office 2003 but there's no Frontpage in that package. I'll go get it in a lil bit. Thanks for the tip Trent.

ZacFields
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah something like MS office, or you can just google "free ebay templates" or something like that and probably come up with some decent code that you can use. But you're correct, it is HTML based. HTML is simple to edit it's just a lot of busy work to create.

Zac

rysbrnr
06-25-2007, 11:38 PM
I need to get on the ball with the Ebay selling thing.... I buy so much stuff off of there but don't ever sell anything... It's time to recoup some of that money and get rid of all the stuff I got.

belittle
06-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Make sure when your selling your in Internet Explorer. Alot of options aren't available with Mozilla.