PDA

View Full Version : Carousel motors

tbaerg
06-19-2007, 09:03 AM
If this thread is against the rules, I apologize and request that it be deleted. Just wanted to let everyone know that I just started at Carousel motors - vw/mazda in IC so if you're looking for a new/used car down here I'd love to help you out (you know, since its my job). Tom Baerg

tbaerg@mchsi.com
319.354.2550 or 800.798.7278

DragonUSMC
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
maybe it would be cool if you listed any of the cars that you guys get in on here that might be of intrest to some on CRU?

Stutz
06-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Are they looking to hire anyone with no experiance as a carsalesman? I wouldnt mind trying it for awhile and im going to be living in iowa city

tbaerg
06-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Right now we have the following.

07 VW GTI MkV: 4 in Stock

07 VW Fahrenheit GTI: 2 in stock. This special edition also boasts a European sport-tuned suspension; 18-inch alloy wheels; leather top sport heated seats; a sunroof; Fahrenheit orange interior accent trim; Fahrenheit orange stitching on the floor mats, DSG™ boot, brake handle and steering wheel; and optional Sirius Satellite Radio.

07 VW Rabbit: 4 in stock

We also have several 2.5 Jetta's and 2.0T Jetta's.

Later this summer we will be getting 2 R32. For those that don't know this is the GTI that has a 3.2L v6 as opposed to the 2.0T and AWD.

I'll get more information up here as soon as possible.

Tom Baerg

Nicolaskl
06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
From my experience and some friends experience the management and some salesmen at Carousel are slimy dirtballs and I personally wouldn't buy an apple from the sonsabitches. Nothing against you personally, I'm sure you're a peach.

DragonUSMC
06-19-2007, 08:32 PM
everyone will have their own opinion i'm sure. I've been in sales... i've been told i can sell ice to Eskimos, and i personally dont trust much of any sales man or women. But i hope with the captive audience here on CRU, that one would rather go out of their way to help a member to gain more business by not being "slimy dirtballs". While CRU might not generate a ton of business, more business is always better then no business.

Let me see if we can set up a sticky for you. Can you post pics of the cars too?

tbaerg
06-20-2007, 01:19 AM
I have acted enormously unprofessionally in this post so I have edited it and I apologize to everyone that might have been negatively impacted by my remarks. I hope to have learned from my mistakes and hope that I can continue to earn the trust and business of the CR:U community.

DragonUSMC
06-20-2007, 05:25 AM
^smart business man right there... I'll PM you and see if we can set up a weekly little sticky post for you with pics.

TbTalon94
06-20-2007, 08:59 AM
are you in charge of this one?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... cardist=22 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=219504990&dealer_id=573539&car_year=2000&model=S4&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=true&search_lang=en&first_record=51&make=AUDI&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=52404&advanced=&end_year=2008&pager.offset=50&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=22)

if you are...send me a PM

Stg4raddo
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
What sad about the car sales people at either carosel or bob mickeys vw in CR is they dont know any thing about the cars they are selling other than the info that come in the pamphlets they give to customers.

last time i was at carosel i just wanted to know the price of a used car ont he lot and all the guy cared about was geting me to sit down and try to sell me the damn thing. he was fucking stupid. i told him straight up i just wanna know the price im not buying today. then he went into some thing about droping the cars price in half if i still wouldnt be buying today and i told him No i can buy that car for less in chicago and not deal with this BS and left.

DragonUSMC
06-20-2007, 10:10 AM
^that’s the same with a lot of dealerships though… I was helping a friend buy a car and (mustang) it was for a gurl… anyway, the guy was trying to say that she should get the pony package because of the upgraded suspension. I was like what these things come with adjustable coilovers now? Nope, looked at every other mustang for sale and they all had the same set up… walked inside and they couldn’t find ANY salesman that could answer my suspension question. Finally I got one of them to admit that they don’t actually know much / anything about cars.

I think that was the part that bugged me the worst… I just let him do his whole speel on my friend and just acted excited because it was a mustang and was like “omg they are the coolest cars ever!” When we were all done I started picking him apart a bit… I don’t know a shit ton about cars, but god damn I can at least point to specific parts in the engine bay.

tbaerg
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Dragon makes a lot of good points above. I can tell you (and I'm 100% serious) that part of the curriculum for my class of salespeople is that we are able to tell you about every package on every make and model we sell. It's about 1 solid week of class and its a huge pain, but I think its worth it. I'm still working on my VWs, but I'm about done with Mazda. Hopefully I can help you guys with any questions you might have.

DustinsDuster
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
you dont deal with Diamler/Chrysler, do you?

Stutz
06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Which is the lot by the walmart in iowa city? There is a convertible 350z that my friend is interested in.

*EDIT* i had to fix my crappy spelling.

tbaerg
06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
the lot by walmart is Carousel nissan. same owners, but I don't work at that particular store. Ask for Matt or Justine if you stop by.

tbaerg
06-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I edited a post I made earlier and posted this, but I wanted this to be posted again for everyone that might have joined this late. I have acted enormously unprofessionally in this post so I have edited it and I apologize to everyone that might have been negatively impacted by my remarks. I hope to have learned from my mistakes and hope that I can continue to earn the trust and business of the CR:U community.