PDA

View Full Version : Tranny seal

TbTalon94
06-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Ok anyone know where to get this. I can't find it anywhere. It's the seal that goes around the shaft comming out of the transmission into the transfer-case. They have the transfer-case seals (output/input) and then the axle seals for the transmission. It's like they just forgot about the x-fer case output shaft seal on the tranny. If anyone knows where to get this seal...or a part number or something. I would take a picture of it but that would require me to drop my x-fer case AGAIN and I don't want to do that untill I replace the seal.

someone let me know

-Trevor

tylers88
06-17-2007, 02:13 AM
on my pick up we just form-a-gasketed the shit out of that spot because i couldn't find the acuall gasket

TbTalon94
06-17-2007, 08:12 PM
it's not a gasket, it's a seal. Can't exactly make it. If you've ever seen a crank seal or camshaft seal. it's the same thing. Hard ring on the outside and soft inner portion with a little spring steel ring for support.

Someone has got to know what this thing is!!

slow ride
06-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the same part number as the transfercase input shaft seal. It's in the CAPS the dealer uses, but there just over looking it.

slow ride
06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
These are the 4 external seals in the dsm transmisssion. I can't find my old sheets that list what is what, but you should be able to narrow it down from here. these are the four seals that keep oil inside of the transmission in no particular order.

MD723202
MD707184
MD719710
MD741818

tylers88
06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
it's not a gasket, it's a seal. Can't exactly make it. If you've ever seen a crank seal or camshaft seal. it's the same thing. Hard ring on the outside and soft inner portion with a little spring steel ring for support.

Someone has got to know what this thing is!!

yea i get it mine was like ashitty paper gasket that was just weged between the end of the trans casing and transfer case housing so the yours must be ALOT more indepth than my old pick ups

TbTalon94
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
all taken care of. Trent took care of it for me.

Thanks Slow Ride for the info.

-Trevor

Drifte
06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
GOOD, so the original leak wasnt the yoke at all huh? I was wondering if trent would step up for ya. if not i know kevin would order it right up.

TbTalon94
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
actually the yoke was leaking...as well as the other 2 seals from the t-case. Everything was leaking I swear!

After this final seal everything should be tight and non-leaking!!! Or i'm going to blow the shit up...and i'm not joking.

Drifte
06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
its nice how you take something apart give it the best parts you can throw at it, then some little bitch attatched to it decides "hey wtf, my turn" and your budgeted project quickly goes well OVER budget $ and time wise.

TbTalon94
06-20-2007, 08:08 AM
yeaup something else leaks. I have no idea what. I've replaced every seal in that area and something is still drippin oil. Anyone got any dynamite?

i think i may put my car on ebay.

Drifte
06-24-2007, 11:00 PM
its all good now. sorta. my wrist is busted, and so is your tensioner :/