PDA

View Full Version : street racing on busy streets (gone bad)

fbodyguy
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Right Click, save as,
http://www.nationalroadsafety.org/films ... R8Film.wmv (http://www.nationalroadsafety.org/films/LOV2XLR8Film.wmv)

DragonUSMC
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
site doenst exsist.

fbodyguy
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
its working for me off of two different ISP's

DragonUSMC
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
NM it was the govnt. blocking the site

RandomHero
06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
dude that was sad

fbodyguy
06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
My reaction was one of sadness for the couple that had nothing to do with the race and the wife that lost her husband over someone else's actions.

RandomHero
06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
true, i kinda wish i hadnt had watched it because it put me in a down mood. I feel bad for that guys poor kids.

tylers88
06-12-2007, 10:07 PM
That sucks and I know that it's horable to say that its almost good that this kind of stuff happens, I'm not saying any body deserves this but it opens people's eyes even if its only for a little bit that they relize that no one is invincable. I am sorry for both family's that lost some to a death and the family of the guy in jail. I feel the worst for him knowing that he has to sit in jail for 5-15 years thinking about that and whats going to happen if they ever let him back on the road.
I also think that if your going to die in a car accident it was your time and that it would've happened some other way. I will always remeber my friend Eric Watts, Clarion, IA, some of you may have heard about him. He was 15 and on his way to wrestling practice and lost control on gravel going 85-100 and its mistakes, sometimes tragities that people learn from but it could have been worse in both cases my friend could have had his little sister with him or with the video there were school busses in the backround there could have been kids on the sidewalk/street during the accident that could have also been killed. I guess I want to say soory if you think I'm an asshole but what I've said is nothing but the truth, horrable things can be good in the long run if they are few and far between. I'll admit that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Eric, I've done some stupid stuff on gravel since then but at 20 mph not 75-80 like it would have been then I wouldn't be here.
To anybody that has lost a friend or a loved one due to some unforseen instence I do know what you went through I do feel sorry for you and I'm not as much of a dick head as I'm sure this might sound to some of you out there.
Tyler

TbTalon94
06-13-2007, 07:43 AM
I actually think the 2 counts of man-slaughter charged against the corvette driver wasn't right. In all reality he didn't hit anyone, so in essence he didn't murder anyone. Now being that said....

He definatly caused and accident and should be punished. I would say a few years in jail, parrol, house arrest, vast amounts of community service, and the liscense revoked for quite some time. I just don't see why the punishment is double man-slaughter and assault. He has to live for the rest of his life that he caused an accident that killed 2 people and destroyed two families. It's not like he walked to their cars and shot them both in the head.

I guess the american "justice" system is retarded to me. Just like the women that got sentenced to two years in jail for serving alcohol to under-age kids at her house. None of them were legally "drunk", none left the property....and she got sentenced to two years in prison while both of her sons have to finish high school with her not around. They can also only visit her once a month for 25min. at a time. Tell me that's "justice"

Also the Paris Hilton thing. Yea she deserves to sit in jail for 50yrs for all I'm concerned....but we have to pay in tax dollars for her to sit there and be pampured. I'd rather her have a strict house-arrest with a parol officer and have her liscense revoked for awhile. Then do hundreds of hours of community service and also pay a nice fine. But that's just me.

-Trevor

DragonUSMC
06-13-2007, 09:07 AM
He didnt go into their cars and shoot them in the head... thats why he got man-slaughter instead of murder. But his reckless actions lead to the deaths of two individuals, and suffering of their direct family. So he got Man-Slaughter… Which I think is right. His reckless actions, along with the driver of the Lambo, caused an innocent to lose his life, a wife to lose her husband and children to lose their father forever. All they were doing was obeying the law.

I don’t consider the Lambo driver innocent… but he got his sentence that day. I’d say 15 is pretty reasonable for the other guy.

And I mean yeah I understand what you are saying about mistakes and such, but like your friend who died doing 80 on gravel, he didn’t take anyone with him… his mistake cost his life. If my mistake cost the life of someone else, then that is unacceptable.

DragonUSMC
06-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Manslaughter - Involuntary manslaughter, sometimes called criminally negligent homicide in the United States or culpable homicide in Scotland, occurs where there is no intention to kill or cause serious injury but death is due to recklessness or criminal negligence.

Murder - Murder is the malicious and unlawful killing of one human being by another. Murder is distinguished from other forms of homicide by the elements of intent and the lack of justification.

RandomHero
06-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Paris Hilton, Fuck that bitch, i hope she dies from the herp.

tylers88
06-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Paris Hilton, Fuck that bitch, i hope she dies from the herp.

WOW HOSTILE, funny and I AGREE

SaNdMaNsSi
06-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Tylers88, If I didn't have so many other things going on today, I'd spend an hour ripping you a new asshole for saying something as retarded as,

"I also think that if your going to die in a car accident it was your time and that it would've happened some other way."

Just because you know someone who died in a car accident doesn't give you the right to say that. A friend dying in a car accident is much easier to talk about and spout out rhetorical bullshit than if it were a family member or in my case, a fiance. Don't ever try to justify death. Theres no argument good enough.

tylers88
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Tylers88, If I didn't have so many other things going on today, I'd spend an hour ripping you a new asshole for saying something as retarded as,

"I also think that if your going to die in a car accident it was your time and that it would've happened some other way."

Just because you know someone who died in a car accident doesn't give you the right to say that. A friend dying in a car accident is much easier to talk about and spout out rhetorical bullshit than if it were a family member or in my case, a fiance. Don't ever try to justify death. Theres no argument good enough.

I'm not saying that and I don't mean to sound like a dick but sometimes like with my friend for instance yes it did suck, still does because he was the shit, but did one kid save alot more, yes aleast a few me and my girlfriend included and hopefully more in the future will slow down on gravel or slow down in general I have relized I don't need to go 90 every were anymore like I use to. And like I said "I BELIVE THAT IF YOU DIE IT WAS JUST YOUR TIME TO GO" I clearly stated that was my opinion. Do I feal sorry that those people had to go like that yes but did it open people's eyes, HELL YES. I did not say that I wished death apon any body. And I am sorry if you and me interperate what I said differantly. I am sorry that you lost a loved one that was very close and I might have reacted that very same way. That is just how I felt I'm sure your not the only one that thought I was an asshole after reading that. Simply put death is hard no matter what the surcomestance but that's what I belive and it helps me get through hard times.

And by the way don't give me that bull shit about losing family mebers my grandparents who were closer to me than my dad is and they died not even a month apart. Yes they were getting old but thats not the point and I have helped people through hard times, like my friend Nathan, he burried 2 friends with in a month both were accidents. Zach on 11-15ish-06 and Eric on 12-8-06

Tyler