PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION MARION POLICE

DustinsDuster
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
especially Officer Holland in Marion. i just got my brand new set of Hoosier Quick Time Pro DOT tires mounted and i plan on going to get insurance on my car tomorrow. so that means you'll have to find some other lame thing to pull me over for. im sure you wont have much trouble with finding something , what with enough free time to browse car enthusiast forums to find kids to hassle because we're all trouble makers, arent we?

anyway, heres proof in case you wanted it:

JustinS
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE: All Hoosier Racing Tires including DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires are designed for racing purposes only on specified racing surfaces and are not to be operated on public roadways. DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department Of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death.

You sure they are legal?

DustinsDuster
06-11-2007, 07:18 PM
yep, might not look like it, but those three little groves allow them to be DOT approved. wouldnt run them otherwise.

warchild145
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Well it does say not intended for highway use on the sticker too

ZEE
06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
That's a manufacturers recommendation. As long as it is DOT approved it can legally be used on the road.

biohazard
06-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Go Dustin.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-11-2007, 11:38 PM
F*ck cops in general. Petty bastards. The only thing I don't miss about living in the US is the typical Cedar Rapids or Marion cop on a power trip. Here in Australia, short of you hanging a shotgun out of your moving vehicle the police could care less what you do....And amazingly, people show them respect here. Imagine that....Showing respect to get it.....

black88gt
06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
ya theyre street legal. from what other people have told me holland and fort are the worst. personally ive gotten lucky and havent any problems w/ the marion police.

DustinsDuster
06-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Well it does say not intended for highway use on the sticker too

"not intended", but they dont say "not legal". moped tires arent intended for highway use, but theyre street legal. Hoosier QTP's are bias-ply tires, not a radial belted design, and the flimsy sidewalls make them less stable at highway speeds. they also dont handle rain too well with the three little grroves. theyre not recommended for anything but drag racing, but they are legal.

bah-zing

Drifte
06-12-2007, 02:01 PM
sweet rubber. did you have much trouble hooking before, or was it just time for new tires.

warchild145
06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I thought i added a lil sarcastic smiley in there but i guess not. it was intended to be sarcastic.

tylers88
06-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I've seen worse in Melbourne, Florida there was a duster not lights lisence plates or DOT approve tires running headers pulling into a burger kingi just laughed and wished i could have berd his explanation when he got pulled over