PDA

View Full Version : just stoppin' by

slobalt
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
new here just stoppin by to say howdy and see what information i can gather from this site.

Ashley
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
hoooowdy. i'm ashley [bet ya couldnt have guessed that] and i'm an admin here along with zacfields, dustinsduster and tbtalon94. let any of us know if you have any questions or need anything! oh & if you do have a cobalt ss.. dont tell zac, he'll try to steal it. :)

DustinsDuster
06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
welcome to the board man. whats your name? got anything done to your Cobalt? howd you find out about CR:u?

slobalt
06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome heard about this site from streetpsi.net. New to CR decided to find some local forums and read about the area.

I bought the GM "Stage 2" kit for the car, did a little mod on the intake and I just put on some slotted rotors. Those are the only mods for now. Gotta save up for the next mod, GM Sport exhaust.

Need to find gas stations w/93 octane, I heard about the one on edgewood hopin' to find another.

DustinsDuster
06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome heard about this site from streetpsi.net. New to CR decided to find some local forums and read about the area.

I bought the GM "Stage 2" kit for the car, did a little mod on the intake and I just put on some slotted rotors. Those are the only mods for now. Gotta save up for the next mod, GM Sport exhaust.

Need to find gas stations w/93 octane, I heard about the one on edgewood hopin' to find another.

there arent many gas stations that carry 93 octane around here, but BP's pretty much all carry 92 octane, if the car pinged with that, im sure you could throw in a bottle of octane boost or something.

edited....

Ashley
06-10-2007, 10:14 PM
.. wasn't this topic already in that forum, or am i going crazy? lol

DustinsDuster
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
i just saw Clubhouse, i forgot that Zac put all these forums together, its messing with me!

slobalt
06-10-2007, 10:19 PM
yea I shoulda used the search. Took a while to come across it while I was browsin'. I'll do better next time. lol

Stutz
06-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the site, im a moderater and i have a fwd GM car too, (97 Pontiac Grand Prix GT not supercharged...yet) Stay awhile and post alot, have any pics of your cobalt?

slobalt
06-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Posted some pics in the CR: U Garage. Enjoy

TbTalon94
06-11-2007, 09:38 AM
welcome to the site..

the only gas station that I know of that carries 93 is the Mobil on 1st ave next to Jiffy Lube. I don't really like that gas station though and the BP's 92 octane seams to be better quality fuel over the Mobil's most of the time.

slobalt
06-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks tb I'll be sure and check it out.

Domestic Disturbance
06-12-2007, 01:03 AM
premium for the win. just saying hi again cuz im on here too. SS for life

ZacFields
06-12-2007, 03:05 AM
welcome to the site..

the only gas station that I know of that carries 93 is the Mobil on 1st ave next to Jiffy Lube. I don't really like that gas station though and the BP's 92 octane seams to be better quality fuel over the Mobil's most of the time.

get a credit card/debit card and you don't have to like the gas station :)

Welcome to the forum. I will steal your cobalt SS though. I wanted one way back in 05 when they came out. Was all set to buy one and then realized I couldn't afford the $500/month payments in addition to the insurance. lol. Boy are they nice though. They have enough speed to be plenty fun, and the interior is so nice you'de think you're sitting in a $50k car.

Either way I'm sure you'll catch me and everyone else out at Advanced Auto on Thursdays, though I will be MIA there for the next 2 weeks as I'll be busy and/or out of town.

Zac

TbTalon94
06-12-2007, 08:21 AM
credit/debit cards at the pump don't work at the mobil on 1st ave!!! it's retarded...and that's why i don't like it.

Domestic Disturbance
06-13-2007, 01:26 AM
r u originally from texas? saw a red ss cobalt with texas tags 2day

slobalt
06-13-2007, 10:17 AM
yep, that'd be me. Wife has it during the day Then I run errands with it at night.

I heard about you zac, guess ashley was right, I'll make sure to keep it locked and VIN# handy when I call onstar and lojack for the location lol.

tylers88
06-13-2007, 05:28 PM
i dont belive the extra $15-20 a tank over 89 for the small amount of power you get from it but i have also found the nomater the octane BP's gas is better

slobalt
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
i dont belive the extra $15-20 a tank over 89 for the small amount of power you get from it but i have also found the nomater the octane BP's gas is better

I don't think it's an extra 15-20 per tank since my tank is only 12 gal. unless 93 is going for more than 4.05, I found bp's 92 and filled up, it was .31 cents more only about a 4 dollar difference I'll pay that.

For the past 6 weeks I've been using the 91 (since I bought it I've always used 93) and I began to notice some knocking and got a little worried since knock is bad for your engine. Been buying gas at Casey's.

The engine has been modded so it puts out a little more horsepower than stock. Not to mention I ride it kinda hard and I noticed a decrease in power too. Either that or you Iowa boys run hard too. I know the computer is supposed to adjust but I'm not sure what the GM tune did for the stage 2 kit except raise the redline to 7000 rpms but I've bounced it a couple of times at 7200.

I liked the way it ran in Texas, gotta couple a kills and deaths in ol mexico lol. It just seems a little slower here. Could also be the heat and humidity but I won't know till I try the gas.

RandomHero
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
your car looks really framiliar

s13kid
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I see your car all the time. I work at suzuki in the detail bay. did you move to iowa or are you just visiting?

DustinsDuster
06-13-2007, 10:36 PM
no one ever asked, so i will; is your car a 5spd or an auto? have you ever taken it to the strip? ive always kindof wondered what one of those little supercharged cobalts would pull...

slobalt
06-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I think mine's the only red cobalt in town with a big ass wing sittin' on the trunk so it's hard to miss.

I've noticed s13kid's 240, and that tibby too, yea that's me. Up here cause of work so livin here for now. Y'all do any detailing to the public?

All the cobalts w/ the supercharger come 5 speed. Never could convince the wife to let me take it to the strip and run a couple of 1/4's. I know they're not as fast as all that but I'm guessin' I'd be able to do 15's to high 14's though some guys have run 13's with the same mods. I'm not as young as y'all so my reflexes are slower.

Big think for these cars are 45 rolls, nice torque when getting on the hiway and need to hit that opening. But I've noticed you guys don't have that problem here in CR. Rush hour is really not the same as Big D.

tylers88
06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
[quote="tylers88";p="128236":bbdd1]i dont belive the extra $15-20 a tank over 89 for the small amount of power you get from it but i have also found the nomater the octane BP's gas is better[/quote:bbdd1]

I don't think it's an extra 15-20 per tank since my tank is only 12 gal. unless 93 is going for more than 4.05, I found bp's 92 and filled up, it was .31 cents more only about a 4 dollar difference I'll pay that.

For the past 6 weeks I've been using the 91 (since I bought it I've always used 93) and I began to notice some knocking and got a little worried since knock is bad for your engine. Been buying gas at Casey's.
[quote]

I also don't drive a little car I have a full size 4x4 pick up so it is more but I also get better gas millage with 89 and that for me atleast it justifiable to get cheaper gas. Plus I'm really broke cuz $60-80 depending on gas prices is already bad enough, if gas got down to like $2.20 again and 93 octane was $2.50 i would get it

Domestic Disturbance
06-14-2007, 01:34 AM
that knock was probably predetonation from adjusting to the lower octane, but and 93-91 octane jump shouldnt effect nething noticable. i kno 91 would b the highest octane they would require cuz ne higher u cant find country wide. i kno my car recommends gas 91+ octane. nething lower and i get predetonation and knock

slobalt
06-14-2007, 08:55 AM
well it wasn't noticable under normal conditions but if I kept the boost past 12psi or if the rpms were up in the 6000 area, it just didn't feel right and I think I could hear some knock. Then again I could just be imagining all this cause I was spoiled with the 93. :baby:

s13kid
06-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I've noticed s13kid's 240, and that tibby too, yea that's me. Up here cause of work so livin here for now. Y'all do any detailing to the public?

Yah the tiburon is my buddys car. I dont think suzuki does any detailing to the public and i dont have the materials to do it away from the shop.

Domestic Disturbance
06-17-2007, 03:38 AM
wat psi do those run stock?

slobalt
06-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Yah the tiburon is my buddys car. I dont think suzuki does any detailing to the public and i dont have the materials to do it away from the shop.

I kinda figured. lol gotta go to the local car wash I guess

wat psi do those run stock?

stock is about 12, the smaller the pulley the more ya get. I'm at about 14-15. I once hit 17 this past winter. Probably won't hit that again til the return of the cold dense air again.

RandomHero
06-17-2007, 06:42 PM
you wouldnt happen to work at JC Penneys in the shoe dept would you?