PDA

View Full Version : Amazing celica restoration!!

sLoWnStEaDy
05-30-2007, 12:26 PM
nice!

http://www.mat.fi/project1984toyotacelicaturbo.htm

Drifte
05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
holy fareekin crap. somebodys got some moneeeeeeeeeey

DustinsDuster
05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
thats pretty crazy awesome, but its actually not the craziest restoration i have seen, although it definatly ranks up there.

does anyone know anything about that motor? what the hell is it? chain driven DOHC FTW!

but yeah, at least in this restoration they could use new parts. a lot of the high end restored Mopars i have seen use all NOS (New Old Stock) parts that are left over from original dealers back in the 70's. even crazier restos use "lunch box" parts, so named because the addembly line parts were different than the parts made for dealers, and the only way they made it out of the factory was when assembly line workers took them home, usually in their lunch box.

imagine trying to find a pair of Cuda/Challenger Hemi mufflers that are un-used, date stamped within a two month time period.

i know, crazy.....

Drifte
05-30-2007, 06:02 PM
thats the motor it came with. i do recall. not sure what the motor is called tho, now that i think of it im very curious. google here i come...

3s GTE maybaaa

DustinsDuster
05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
two plugs per cylinder as well, neat! i like how the fuel cell is acessable from the outside as well. its just crazy to think of molds being made off the dimensions of original parts. i cant even imagine how much that would cost....

sLoWnStEaDy
05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah, its a 3SGTE
then the two non-turbo DOHC
there was a 3SFE
as well as a 3SGE

two plugs per cylinder as well, neat!

My 200SX had that as well. CA20 was the engine IIRC.
After tryin to sell it for a while (Brent actualy traded his wrecked Integra for it then had his daddy come and get it back after he realized it wasnt turbo even AFTER i told him it wasnt) anyways... someone on here took it for a test drive, ran out of gas and left it. Found a few leak so i replaced the sending unit and then realized the problem with it running was a ground that wasnt attached to the fuel rail, popped it on and the thing ran like a raped ape.
About 2 days later my moms ex-husband decided to crush it out at marion iron. I still have the title and fresh plates i never got to put on the car... dick

TbTalon94
05-31-2007, 12:33 PM
i cannot even imagine the time/energy/money put into that thing. One of the most detailed ground-up restorations I have ever seen in my life.