PDA

View Full Version : Update on my tranny

TbTalon94
05-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Well as you all know I broke my tranny at the track. If you missed out there is a thread dedicated to it with lovely pictures and all. So I had to decide what to do. I was thinking of sending it to TRE/Shep to get a nice build-up but decided I was kind of on a budget and didn't have the money to blow on that. So I decided to take it to Trent at RevHard INC.

So I took it down there and he took it apart in front of me so i knew exactly what was wrong with it. He took it apart like he's done it a billion times (which I'd expect) and pin-pointed the problem in no time...not like it was hard with the missing teeth and all.

He called TRE for parts, quoted me the price and I went on my way. I took it to him on a Monday, he didn't get the parts till Monday or Tuesday that following week. Then it was done by Wednesday. He called me to tell me it was done and everything went smoothly. So I went down that Friday and picked it up. Got to see the Twin Engine talon and the beginning stages of the Dyno being put together. Was pretty funny to see a few middle aged men putting together a huge toy lol.

Anyway I got the tranny in FINALLY with some difficulties on the way (clutch fork and pivot ball), but never-the-less it's in. I only have around 70miles on it but it's MUCH better then before. It used to be notchy in 2nd,3rd and sometimes 4th. Now it's not notchy in any gear and shifts nice and smooth. It took some miles to get things loosened up but once I put about 50miles on it she felt great.

All in all my experience with Trent and RevHard was pretty good to say the least. He opened the tranny in front of me so i knew 100% what was wrong. He called for parts in front of me and quoted me while I was standing there. Then rebuilt the tranny within a week even though the shop had A LOT of stuff going on. The shop is also very nice.....full of DSMs too lol.

Anyways...that's about it. I was going to take pictures of everything but I just wanted the shit done and in so i said screw it. You all know what a clean tranny looks like. Not much to see.

-Trevor

brown7
05-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Grats man, good to hear!

Drifte
05-30-2007, 11:12 AM
ive never seen a clean tranny :(

logans dad
05-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear its good to go Trevor.

My Tranny Trent went through is also working better then before I broke it!!!

TbTalon94
05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
fine Colton...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q211/lonnie93gsxer/100_1989.jpg

Drifte
05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
coulda atleast showd me yours...jerk

DustinsDuster
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
good to hear, it sounds like for the distance, time, and price, Trent's is actually the best all-round place to go. so far anyway, but i dont doubt the trans in both yours and Vic's cars will hold up over the summer and longer.

now go get some video of you bangin' through the gears!

logans dad
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Its weird, I haven't even ran mine through all the gears but have got on it in 1st to 2nd then 3 to 4th. And it shifts nice.

I heard people are running a mix of pump and e85 but don't know if my fuel system will handle a full e85 mix. Even with the bigger new injectors.
I will make it to the strip yet this summer tho.

Inferno333
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Got to see the Twin Engine talon.

Ummm...Cool.

TbTalon94
05-31-2007, 12:36 PM
do you not believe me or are you just being a smart ass?

Drifte
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
sounds like a non believer.

idk how tho, the vehicle is posted all over this damn forum...

Inferno333
06-01-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm not being sarcastic or "disbelieving."

I guess I don't remember seeing any posts about it.

TbTalon94
06-01-2007, 08:38 AM
he posted a couple pictures of it....and I have some on my phone. It has twin 2.3L strokers in it with 18gs. Duel fuel cells, air-water intercooler for the rear motor. Two FWD auto trannies. True AWD.

bowtiebuba
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
he posted a couple pictures of it....and I have some on my phone. It has twin 2.3L strokers in it with 18gs. Duel fuel cells, air-water intercooler for the rear motor. Two FWD auto trannies. True AWD.

i think any awd dsm is a true awd. that car kinda reminds me of the old twun engine hurst cars in the 60s, i think it was hurst

lil krumm
06-04-2007, 11:59 PM
where are these pictures? i must have missed them

TbTalon94
06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
it's in one of the threads Trent was posting pictures of his shop and/or the dyno.

DustinsDuster
06-09-2007, 02:06 PM
i think any awd dsm is a true awd. that car kinda reminds me of the old twun engine hurst cars in the 60s, i think it was hurst

yeah. Hurst - Oldsmobile 442's