PDA

View Full Version : RHI @ DSM Central Shootout

drfast4ward
05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
10.89 @ 137.16 ( gota work on that launch )

dyno and track video 30 megs

http://www.revhardinc.com/shop%20vids/M ... 0talon.WMV (http://www.revhardinc.com/shop%20vids/Monster%20talon.WMV)

allgo
05-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Congrats Trent. Didnt streetsweeper race to?

drfast4ward
05-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Thank you, Yes he did, like all of us DSMrs we were all just working out the bugs..

Drifte
05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
i like the vid. the launch just seems weird to me. you got a different gear in their?

drfast4ward
05-21-2007, 12:09 PM
No its stock gearing but its a whole different world launching that thing, it has a twin disk and man if its lauched right it feels good the no lift to shift was great as well. It is a learning experience for me, thats for sure. but yeah happy to get the times i did and its only going to get faster as I learn how to drive it. 137 mph is good for high 9s low 10s shit look at scotty's mph, I have definate big end power gained 30 mph in second half of track most only gain 20mph after the 1/8.

allgo
05-21-2007, 02:12 PM
I heard goerge only ran 12s?? I think he might have found out its alot harder to tune a higher hp car.

drfast4ward
05-21-2007, 02:33 PM
I am pretty sure its not totally a matter of tuning its really the first couple of passes down the track and the way i took it is he is trying to make sure everything is perfect, before he really gets into it. with these cars, one unseen thing can be disasterous and very expensive. Japbox (Jesse) just want to make sure that everything is safe at low boost before he turns it up. :)

allgo
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
thats funny they spent all of this winter with the super tuner and all the sudden at the big race he decides not to get after it. OK!!

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I heard goerge only ran 12s?? I think he might have found out its alot harder to tune a higher hp car.

Well Joe once again you got some BS info. Just as you did all last winter, and this spring.To start with driving this new set up is a bitch for him first day out at the track, second the clutch started taking a shit 3rd pass, and from there on it was toasted If you feel you need the info on the car PLEASE pick up the phone and call me, He went 11.6 with a 1.98 60' with 23lbs of boost, with the clutch slipping up top. We let it cool down hopeing it would help and it went 11.8 @ 107 mph slipping from top of 2nd to 4th and he lifted with a 1.93 60', its all on video, on the inboard camara. You the king of the do the math statement so do the math. I suppose the choice of clutch set-up was a bad mistake on my behalf. But granted he has absoultley NO DYNO time on this set up, never launched it till Sunday. Jesse was tunning conservative so he could get used to the set-up...So I feel with the clutch slipping and first day out with the car. It ran good. I think it took you over 2 1/2 years to find you nut...

I think the impressive thing here is Trents 137 mph, out a 4 cyl. Both of these cars have plenty left in them. :biggrin:

allgo
05-21-2007, 03:55 PM
So it never ran a 12.0? I just wondering? I dont care, but my point was once you start running more power things dont come as easy!! And the info I got was from one of your boys .

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
thats funny they spent all of this winter with the super tuner and all the sudden at the big race he decides not to get after it. OK!!

Comming from the guy that took 2 1/2 years to get his car to run what it does, went through how many tunnings, and spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on dyno time. And all winter. the car car was out in the winter? ya I remember cruzing right next to your GN in the snow storm. But once again Joe slam on the little guy, your good at it. But your shit runs good, not all that good. But I am not going to argue with you about it. But that super tunner did tune his car to fuck up 2 that your were driving, dont forget.

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
And the info I got was from one of your boys .

Joe I find that hard to beleve, The same ones that siad I had Terrys motor, or the ones who told you about my past, or the ones that told you I went to Cassil, which ones...But actually I dont care. I just can not see anyone who knows me comming up and telling you shit, More like you asked like always... Exactly you make more HP the tune dont come easy...YOU of all people should know that first hand. This was FIRST DAY OUT...Joe... not 2 years of tunning. Dude who gives a fuck, the only person concerned was you. Dot worry at this time ya you can beat him if that what you worried about, get over it. Should of just called and I would have told you...Simple salution as always...Ed

DustinsDuster
05-21-2007, 04:17 PM
no offense Trent, but yes, you do need to work on that launch! still impressive times none the less though. was that running on E85 and the tune you had in the dyno vid?

drfast4ward
05-21-2007, 04:23 PM
no offense Trent, but yes, you do need to work on that launch! still impressive times none the less though. was that running on E85 and the tune you had in the dyno vid?

yes that was on e85 and yes that was the exact tune from the dyno absolutely no changes.

allgo
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Ed you are retarded!! You guys are the ones that always say straight off the trailor lets race. Its funny I didnt even have to ask about if his car ran fine it was a given cause there wasnt shit said about it on the net!!! Goerge told me he would race the cobra right after this race is that going to have to wait know?

P.S. Go pay stevo and get ready to pay me ant the end of the year!! For both races that you are going to get owned!!

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 05:07 PM
For your info Steve and I spoke and where going to meet at Lints, He got there at 5:40 and I got there at 6:00 call him up (he called me and said to meet at 6, we just missed each other) he is coming over tommarow... I will be at the track June 2nd. and I will wait for you to unload my car, we will unload to togather and go to the lanes... see ya then JUNE 2ND. Sat. there its is once again simple. And just like we all waited for you to tune your shit for 2 years you can wait till he gets a clutch, Or is that you gimmie race? ...Ed

DustinsDuster
05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
to get back on topic, congrats Trent, pretty good times.

allgo
05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry I am busy on the 2nd. You know that I cant come anyway so that is why you keep bringing it up. Or you could just meet me on the streets and get it done sometime sooner!

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Pretty funny how your always busy, but you find time to go to Cordova,TriState, CFR for Chelf, yada yada yada...The offers on the table, be there, I am not doging shit, I am not racing on the street, we get caught or something happens, I loose my job, what happens to you? worst case you gotta take the bus to the sub shop. Want your race I will be waiting. Your wifes not due till the end of June you said?...I did not know it was 100% work around Joes schedule...End of coversation. Georges gets the clutch put in we will go to the streets. Hope its not a repeat of the Jesse race :biggrin: See ya Sat.

allgo
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Anything that makes you feel better!!! If you didnt want to wait to get beat in sept then why did you make the bet?

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Listen lefty... the only thing your gonna beat is your meat. I may be selling the car, so Sept may noy work. So bring your sorry ass to the track and try to take the win, instead of having it giving to you, by me not racing my car then, your so full of shit. Can not go this day yada yada yada. What you need all summer to tune that thing to beat an old pump gas motor that has never been raced yet. Mr 35K v6. Your wife putting the pregnacy on hold for the Chelf race? Or the softball league going on hold for ya. Nice try. See ya Sat...Ed

allgo
05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
If anyone is a meat beater I think you should take a long look in the mirror!! Since no one on here has ever seen you with a female!!

You are such a fuckin homo!! Me taking time away from other things to race in a benifit race for my friend has nothing to do with racing you later so fuck off and quit wrecking talk about chelfs race!!

allgo
05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Trent sorry for screwing up your topic!

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh and like anyone has ever seen you with a female. Shit for all we know your queer! :butthead:

StreetSweeper
05-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh and like anyone has ever seen you with a female. Shit for all we know your queer! :butthead:

Joe disreguard oldskool posting this post, that was actually me posting from his screen name on accident.

Scott
05-22-2007, 12:00 PM
137 is pretty good mph for a 10.8, but you gotta remember trent when I did 137 I was running way outta gear, my car would run about 135 with a smaller shot and run a 9.9.. but the 1/8th mile mph is close to 120 at 5.9.. and its only getting faster this year "hopefully" so you better get that launch figured out before we go heads up..

90 notch
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Scotty,i don't mean to talk shit on this subject but i'm callin bullshit on your 1/8th mile mph!What do you consider close to 120???Steve o

Scott
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I actually dont have the timeslip anymore but I beleive it was 118?? I really dont know to be honest since I cant find it anymore.. but it is faster than 115. I was just trying to make a point that my car didnt run out of power, it ran out of gear.. given the fact it is a single stage nitrous car its not gonna mph like a turbo car but it should/would have gone faster than 137, that I will gaurantee :bigthumb:

DustinsDuster
05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Scotty,i don't mean to talk shit on this subject but i'm callin bullshit on your 1/8th mile mph!What do you consider close to 120???Steve o

im not taking sides, but if he hit the traps at 137, isnt it feasible that that he was doing close to 120 through the 1/8? thats only a 20mph gain from the 1/8th to quarter mark. the Wagon gained 30mph in that part of the track, didnt it?

allgo
05-22-2007, 05:42 PM
dustin if you subtract 137 from 120 thats 17. lol

OldSkoolRCR
05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
If anyone is a meat beater I think you should take a long look in the mirror!! Since no one on here has ever seen you with a female!!

You are such a fuckin homo!! Me taking time away from other things to race in a benifit race for my friend has nothing to do with racing you later so fuck off and quit wrecking talk about chelfs race!!

Ok.. Joe anything you say. See ya Sat. Better warm it up on the way there on the trailer, cause we are unloading and going to stageing lanes... Anyway Good luk.

DustinsDuster
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
dustin if you subtract 137 from 120 thats 17. lol

actually, if you subtract 137 from 120, thats -17, but thats besides the point. Stevo said he didnt believe Scott pulled 120mph in the 1/8th. Scott said he didnt remember exactly what he ran, but thought it was about 118, and KNEW it was over 115. 117 fits both of those requirements. his 9 second pass was at 136.7mph, or about 137. if you take 20mph (the amount i brought up), you get 117mph.

bah-zing

allgo
05-22-2007, 07:22 PM
[quote="allgo";p="127290":153aa]If anyone is a meat beater I think you should take a long look in the mirror!! Since no one on here has ever seen you with a female!!

Ok.. Joe anything you say. See ya Sat. Better warm it up on the way there on the trailer, cause we are unloading and going to stageing lanes... Anyway Good luk.
[/quote:153aa]

Why do I need a trailor I am driving up arent you?? I thought you told me you have a car that doesnt need a trailor? where are we meeting for the drive up? thats what I thought take your drama and your pile to another weekend cause I am not having any of it on this weekend.

Scott
05-22-2007, 08:18 PM
that is kinda funny allgo when you laugh at your own mistakes.. anyway, I dont see whats unreasonable about picking up 17-20mph in the last 1/8th, I mean I have run quite a few 9 sec passes, and even with the 150 shot running 9.9's it DID pick up 26+ mph and I can prove that.. then you up the jets and run outta gear so it picks up less on the big end..makes sense to me, please feel free to shed some light on this

OldSkoolRCR
05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
[quote="OldSkoolRCR";p="127330":ed2ca]
[quote="allgo";p="127290":ed2ca]If anyone is a meat beater I think you should take a long look in the mirror!! Since no one on here has ever seen you with a female!!

[/quote:ed2ca]

Why do I need a trailor I am driving up arent you?? I thought you told me you have a car that doesnt need a trailor? where are we meeting for the drive up? thats what I thought take your drama and your pile to another weekend cause I am not having any of it on this weekend.[/quote:ed2ca]

Opps... somebody stuck there foot in there mouth...Meet you at the Sonic on Blairsferry Rd @ 7:30 am on the 2nd of June. And were on, right through the front gates to the lanes....See ya there. Glad to see you can make it...Ed

allgo
05-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I was talking about this sat fuck chop!!! Go on with your life and forget about me please!!