PDA

View Full Version : WFC 10 at INDY

Domestic Disturbance
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
just got back from the world ford challenge ten. hundreds of cobras from all years. 80% of the cars had forced induction that were in the show. not to mention the pro mods... 6.4 1/4's...OMG

DustinsDuster
05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
yeah, Scott was there as well, i talked to him on the phone, sounds like it was a pretty good time. apparently 9secSnake from here was there making some low boost passes. sounds pretty impressive...

Domestic Disturbance
05-21-2007, 12:05 AM
ya we saw him make some runs in the wild street div. his best run was a low 10 in the finals late sunday. had left by then tho

firstonraceday96
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64447

DustinsDuster
05-22-2007, 04:27 PM
did anyone we know do anything worth mention?

Domestic Disturbance
05-23-2007, 03:55 PM
that "worlds fastest street legal 4 cylinder" 79 or w/e mustang from that 1 topic earlier was there. i think he ran a high 9 4 his best time tho.

Stang5oh93
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
did anyone we know do anything worth mention?

Well I have been to 7 of the 10 events and I would have to say that this one was by far the most disappointing one. The car turn out for the heads up classes were way down as well as total car count overall. The layout of everything was terrible. The staging lanes were total chaos. All in all though it was still a lot of fun. I did pick up some killer deals!

Also, is this worth mentioning? A 4 grand drop with MT Drag radials was a bit much for the stock rear end. :biggrin: First pass Sunday morning it finally let loose. I picked up a 33 spline spool kit from Strange at the show for $525 which includes the spool, c-clip eliminators, and axles.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3345/7767/169358.jpg

Urban Legend
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Met 9secsnake up there for moral support, his car was so clean!!! First weekend out and laying down 10's isn't too bad. He'll get it figured out soon. 5.0 mag did a shoot of his car so that is pretty fuckin cool. Saw Scott and Summer there. But all in all this place sucked, the pro 50 guys and the outlaw guys were smokin their tires up. They better bring it back to St. Louis next year

DustinsDuster
05-26-2007, 05:34 PM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="127320":a74a5]did anyone we know do anything worth mention?

Well I have been to 7 of the 10 events and I would have to say that this one was by far the most disappointing one. The car turn out for the heads up classes were way down as well as total car count overall. The layout of everything was terrible. The staging lanes were total chaos. All in all though it was still a lot of fun. I did pick up some killer deals!

Also, is this worth mentioning? A 4 grand drop with MT Drag radials was a bit much for the stock rear end. :biggrin: First pass Sunday morning it finally let loose. I picked up a 33 spline spool kit from Strange at the show for $525 which includes the spool, c-clip eliminators, and axles.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3345/7767/169358.jpg[/quote:a74a5]

youre going to run a spool in a street car? alright then......

Stang5oh93
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Yep, I know it's not ideal for street driving but oh well. :)

69gt4speed
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Met 9secsnake up there for moral support, his car was so clean!!! First weekend out and laying down 10's isn't too bad. He'll get it figured out soon. 5.0 mag did a shoot of his car so that is pretty fuckin cool. Saw Scott and Summer there. But all in all this place sucked, the pro 50 guys and the outlaw guys were smokin their tires up. They better bring it back to St. Louis next year

That's what I thought, I would have been really ticked off if I was in those classes as it was. The start line didn't hold, then like that one guy in a late model pulled the wheels at 150ft mark and tore his bumper off. He still won somehow. Never saw that happen at st. louis. 3 bbf pro 5.0 almost crashed and a drag radial outlaw spun around in a circle. Then that joker announcer said some bs. And seating only on one side at indy. They had good races yet you wonder if the best most powerful guys won. They had to detune them.

I prefer st. louis for many reasons.