PDA

View Full Version : Tinkering with the forum layout, what do you think?

ZacFields
05-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I am making use of Sub-Forums in order to compress space on the forums. If you go to the "forum" page you will see that some of the forums look like they disappeared, but in reality they are just attached to other forums and are listed next to those forums.

For instance, next to "The Clubhouse" I have attached "Forum Games" and "Newbies Introduce Yourself" also. So they are still seperate forums, but in order to compress space I have added them as an offshoot of the clubhouse.

I did this with "General Imports" by attaching the DSM, Honda, and Euro forums to it. And I also added a "Cars for Sale" section to the "For sale/want to buy" forum. So enjoy!

I will start moving topics over to the "cars for sale" forum tonight.

Zac

Stutz
05-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I dont like it, but what do i know? i dont like change. Its a great idea tho zac

warchild145
05-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I didnt even notice until I read this, but looks good.

lil krumm
05-18-2007, 11:29 PM
i dont see the point in the change? theyre all still visible from the main page? fuck im confused.

ZacFields
05-19-2007, 12:37 AM
The concept behind subforums is pretty simple: It's to allow you to add all kinds of forums without making your forum page a mile long.

For instance, I'd like to expand the "for sale/want to buy" with more forums like "part-out cars", "parts", "miscellaneous"

For the car sections, I could add more different kinds of cars. Chevy, ford, dodge, chrysler

For pictures/media I could split it up into movies, pictures, audio. Or I could do "car-related videos", "funny videos." etc.

So you can see where I could add a whole bunch of forums for better organization (make it easier to find what you're lookin' for) and by doing them like that, I'm not wasting a whole bunch of space on the forum page.

This is just something i'm testing out for now. I'm going to start adding some forums and see how people like it. If the new forums aren't getting any posts i'll probably just split it all back up again.

Zac

Talon92Fox
05-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I like it, it'll take some time to get used to but I like it...

foxsgurl28
05-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Haha! I didnt even notice it until i asked Fox what you were talking about! Haha!