PDA

View Full Version : who here works at Rockwell

z28z34man
05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
how hard is it to get in as a 341 test tech.

I have my app in but I have not gotten a word back yet.

Scott
05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
unless your a girl and or a minority not from Iowa its probably gonna take a while, took me 4 years to get hired on through butler

z28z34man
05-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I almost have my degree and a scored well on my entrance exam (84% witch was best in the class and better than 80% of everyone that has taken the test) i figured they would give me some word good or bad

Drifte
05-08-2007, 10:49 AM
yeah, scott is right. Diversity BS killed the white man.

Ricky
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
i think thats racism. us white man are being treated unfaily

z28z34man
05-08-2007, 03:48 PM
the single white male is the most discriminated against person in modern society. if some minority has a problem it is always the white mans fault. But that is beside the point.

if some one could give me a person to contact at cedar rapids that would be appreciated.

DustinsDuster
05-08-2007, 06:52 PM
yeah, like i have told Drifte before; my friend had to intern 3 or 4 summers in a row there before he got a job as a computer engineer.

on a somewhat related note; isnt there a group on Facebook group called "Fair Treatment for White males"? im pretty sure i am a member....

Drifte
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
sry i cant help ya. the people I know their cant do you any good. but good luck with it.

im gonna go get in that facebook group.

Scott
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I know a few people, but I graduated top of my class, my brother and my dad "who has been there for 30+yrs" both work there and it still took 4+ years, like said if your a white male and dont get in at the EXACT right time then you be in for a little wait...the ONLY way to do it is through their rockwellcollins.com website, even if they're hiring internally, so just keep on submitting for new jobs that pop up and you might get lucky

69gt4speed
05-09-2007, 11:36 PM
That hiring situation is pretty much how it is in a major corp, get over it. :yawinkle: If your stats are good and you are persistant they will notice.
A guy at the city once told me 2 yrs later he couldn't hire me cause of quotas.

The real inside issue is this. They take federal gov money to do work for the feds or take fed money to provide improved services. To continue to receive fed money they must hire xx minorities, buy from xx minority businesses, show records and all the stuff. Since rockwell, city gov. school districts, state gov. etc. etc. does all that, well the way it is. To sell a freaking pencil to feds it's a major undertaking. Best way is to get a woman as owner/ceo and makes life easier. The highest protected status is a woman minority. I couldn't get a p.o. contract to buy squat at the city without all this bs because we take fed money. So we'd buy from a more or less dummy co. ran by a woman with 15 or less employees which made a deal to buy from another co. that said f-k that bs. Make sense?

Hell the state is forced to have seatbelt laws, mph limits or lose their hiway money. It's a scam, ticks me off and to top it off they never have enough $.

Drifte
05-10-2007, 10:28 AM
^ amazing.

and i do just continue to apply at their.com site.

z28z34man
05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
can and will do but i had 2 friends get rite on but it was at there off sights Decora and Manchester

z28z34man
05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I have an interview some time next week YEAAAHHHH

DustinsDuster
05-14-2007, 04:20 PM
good luck on the interview man

rysbrnr
05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm sure you'll get hired, Rockwell is short on technicians and mostly engineers....just look at the job listings on the internal site, it's like 90% engineering. The pay isn't the greatest in the nation for a test tech but you'll survive off it. By your second year there you should be close to or over 50k I'd guess.

z28z34man
05-15-2007, 09:06 AM
35k would be nearly triple what i make now so i would be happy with that for a while by goal i to eventually make 75-100k a year adjusted for inflation but that will be like 10-15 years down the road.

Ashley
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
for those who DO work at rockwell:

does anyone know what a contract coordinator is, or what they get paid? i saw the job online, and in theory, it looks like something i would be able to do. but its hard to tell from a simple job de.scription.

Drifte
05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
who cares apply anyway lol

Ashley
05-19-2007, 08:33 PM
because i dont want to look stupid :) haha.. plus i dont want to waste my time if it doesnt pay very well. i make decent money at nordstrom, so i wouldnt quit unless it paid lotsss of money. or at least a little more than i make now. hah.

Drifte
05-20-2007, 07:38 AM
i wouldnt care if it payed nothing. i could move back in with my parents and car pool with my old man. just a foot in the door is all im asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im hungry

lil krumm
05-20-2007, 11:07 AM
i wouldnt care if it payed nothing. i could move back in with my parents and car pool with my old man. just a foot in the door is all im asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im hungry

stay outta my house boy.

z28z34man
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
:banghead: dang it Rockwell asked for an interview wednesday and i cant get out of class it is a 7day class so i am screwed if i miss one class

the only good thing is Friday the 1st is my last day of school.

ZacFields
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
i would have just re-taken the class :) rockwell pays good

Zac

rysbrnr
05-24-2007, 09:30 PM
FYI, they are planning to hire 9 more test technicians off the street since yesterday they just got done moving them around within different departments. Chances of someone landing an engineering/technical job there will be high since rumor has is that 700 more engineers/techs are slated to be hired over the years. You guys see that new 120,000 sq ft building that just got thrown up on C Ave? Where else are you gonna stuff 700 more people?

Stang5oh93
05-25-2007, 09:11 AM
FYI, they are planning to hire 9 more test technicians off the street since yesterday they just got done moving them around within different departments. Chances of someone landing an engineering/technical job there will be high since rumor has is that 700 more engineers/techs are slated to be hired over the years. You guys see that new 120,000 sq ft building that just got thrown up on C Ave? Where else are you gonna stuff 700 more people?

Are they looking for anyone with 10 years of IT experience? :bigthumb:

fbodyguy
05-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Rockwell is building a second building right at the intersection of C ave and Blairsferry on the SE corner. They are supposed to be moving dirt by June.

rysbrnr
05-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I just took a diversiy training course the other and The goal by 2010 is to hire TEN THOUSAND more employees... worldwide. Rockwell is trying to be more competetive in the global economy which is smart thing to do. Even though it's a big company in Cedar Rapids, it's still considered "a small company" according to Forbes rankings.
For anyone on CRu thinking of going to college I'd highly recommend anything in the technical field. The US lags behind japan, china, india and russia in graduating engineers... meaning we have a shortage. Currently Software engineers rank among the top careers to have in the country.

Stang5oh, You should still apply but I can tell you this, Rockwell has outsourced it's IT support to HP recently, but that doesn't mean you can't still land a good job.

z28z34man
06-28-2007, 01:37 PM
i have another interview on the 9th at 10 :bigthumb: