PDA

View Full Version : 55-100 in 3rd Gear

dustin_crxsi
05-07-2007, 01:35 AM
I was on the way home from a meet in Chicago and Just want to take a video of me staying in 3rd gear and hitting 100mph. Dont worry, no one was comming, and their wasnt any side streets. It was just north of dekalb, Ill.

My neighbor burnt me a mp3, and she put a bunch of techno on it.. I left the music up so you can hear how loud the motor gets. and when the video gets at the end, lol it looks like Im going to crash but I droped the cam as I reached to put it in 5th.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/ ... 0_0584.flv (http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/123miyagison/?action=view&current=100_0584.flv)

I didnt even get to 8000 rpm's. And If your wondering....8800 is my redline

lol

DustinsDuster
05-07-2007, 06:26 AM
please tell me you werent floored there, because i have a hard time seeing that at all faster than a mid 14 second car....

Drifte
05-07-2007, 07:10 AM
my computers sound isnt working, and it kept stopping part way through. so...idk what it looks like really.

JustinS
05-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Looks like you have a fun little car there man.

dustin_crxsi
05-07-2007, 10:27 AM
please tell me you werent floored there, because i have a hard time seeing that at all faster than a mid 14 second car....

It was floored. mid 14 or not....the weekness is the stock cams and the exhaust system. Anyways I was just messing around and wanted to 8000 rpm.

DustinsDuster
05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="126212":1df3e]please tell me you werent floored there, because i have a hard time seeing that at all faster than a mid 14 second car....

It was floored. mid 14 or not....the weekness is the stock cams and the exhaust system. Anyways I was just messing around and wanted to 8000 rpm.[/quote:1df3e]

just as long as you dont deny it....

black88gt
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
wtf was that music. haha you could probably take a nap from 55-100. maybe you need to downshift another gear or something, especially if you rev it to 8800

DustinsDuster
05-07-2007, 06:16 PM
wtf was that music. haha you could probably take a nap from 55-100. maybe you need to downshift another gear or something, especially if you rev it to 8800

when the vid started he was at 4500rpm; when does VTEC kick in? did we see it in that vid?

dustin_crxsi
05-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Vtec just kicks on at 4600. You wouldent be able to hear unless I go from about 3000 so you can hear the change over.

haha you could probably take a nap from 55-100. maybe you need to downshift another gear or something, especially if you rev it to 8800

I dont take it to 8800 because its stupid to push the car past its powerband. Im not making power, so why run it to 8800? My friends told me that the transmission I have isnt the best for my setup. After I think about it. I think I may end up going with a S1.. or a a 92-93 GSR transmission from the b17 integra's.

DustinsDuster
05-08-2007, 06:30 AM
now if you managed to mount the VTEC North/South instead of transversely, and converted the thing to RWD, then i would be pretty interested....

sLoWnStEaDy
05-08-2007, 11:21 AM
do you have a sugar glider? I've always wanted one of those, that or a squirrel.

Domestic Disturbance
05-08-2007, 11:24 AM
im gonna do a 55-100 pull in 6th gear i thnk

dustin_crxsi
05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
now if you managed to mount the VTEC North/South instead of transversely, and converted the thing to RWD, then i would be pretty interested....

Im sure a F series motor in a crx would be pretty sweet. But I dont think it has been done. they've been converted to RWD with V-8's...But thats a little extreme imo

dustin_crxsi
05-08-2007, 12:13 PM
do you have a sugar glider? I've always wanted one of those, that or a squirrel.

Na, thats my friend. I took pics of it because he's getting rid of them.

Awesome. I wish I could go out and buy a car thats fast from the factory and be cocky about it. And when something breaks you go to GM to get a replacement part and support forign countries :bigthumb:

Domestic Disturbance
05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
lol im just playin with ya. debt+loans FTW!

sLoWnStEaDy
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Awesome. I wish I could go out and buy a car thats fast from the factory and be cocky about it. And when something breaks you go to GM to get a replacement part and support forign countries :bigthumb:

:yawinkle:

so hes getting rid of the glider(s) eh? Any idea on how i could get one?

dustin_crxsi
05-11-2007, 09:37 AM

Ill talk to him and send you a PM

Oh and my final drive on my crx.. is a 4.25 :mad: Any one have a 4.9 laying around?

black88gt
05-11-2007, 12:59 PM
[quote="sLoWnStEaDy";p="126313":7ad7f]do you have a sugar glider? I've always wanted one of those, that or a squirrel.

Na, thats my friend. I took pics of it because he's getting rid of them.

Awesome. I wish I could go out and buy a car thats fast from the factory and be cocky about it. And when something breaks you go to GM to get a replacement part and support forign countries :bigthumb:[/quote:7ad7f]

lol dont complain about money, you certainly didnt take the most cost effective route to going fast

DustinsDuster
05-11-2007, 03:22 PM
[quote="sLoWnStEaDy";p="126327":103a0]

Oh and my final drive on my crx.. is a 4.25 :mad: Any one have a 4.9 laying around?[/quote:103a0]

if youre already complaining about cruising at too high of RPM, why would you go with a steeper final drive?

black88gt
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
[quote="dustin_crxsi";p="126565":75f7c][quote="sLoWnStEaDy";p="126327":75f7c]

Oh and my final drive on my crx.. is a 4.25 :mad: Any one have a 4.9 laying around?[/quote:75f7c]

if youre already complaining about cruising at too high of RPM, why would you go with a steeper final drive?[/quote:75f7c]

hahaha didnt even read it that close. makes lots of sense doesnt it :bigthumb:

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 01:42 AM
if youre already complaining about cruising at too high of RPM, why would you go with a steeper final drive?

hahaha didnt even read it that close. makes lots of sense doesnt it :bigthumb:

Obvously. guys.

I thought it was high. But, I will find the most fuel efficent 5th gear I can find.I may swap 1st gear with a longer gear also, depending on what transmission I decide to use. If anything Ill keep my transmission case and put new carbon coated syncro's, bearings and seals. With certan gears from Honda to achieve the best gear ratio's to get power to the ground faster..

lol dont complain about money, you certainly didnt take the most cost effective route to going fast

How about you explain yourself on what you ment by that post.

lil krumm
05-14-2007, 06:43 AM
[quote="black88gt";p="126580":f1371]

How about you explain yourself on what you ment by that post.
[/quote:f1371]

you know what hes saying. you cant go fast when your all motor without a shit ton of money. best bang for the buck its a turbo.

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 12:43 PM
you know what hes saying. you cant go fast when your all motor without a shit ton of money. best bang for the buck its a turbo.

Do you have a turbo kit installed on your vehical? didnt think so.

I have instant power. I just tap the gas in 2nd and I bark the tires. Boost lag, limits you in lower RPM tq. Even in second, shifting into 3rd at around 6500 rpm's my wheels sometimes break loose. I cant really race frm a dig because I have no traction in first and at the top of second.

black88gt
05-14-2007, 02:41 PM
i have a feeling that you cant "tap the gas and bark the tires in 2nd gear." i would hardly consider a peaky little n/a motor "instant power"

and to explain what i said earlier, i dont think that a NA honda is the cheapest way to go fast. theres cars that would rail you for alot less money.

JustinS
05-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Who cares if there are other cars that could be faster for cheaper, it's his life so he can choose to drive and/or modify what he wants.

I just don't understand what the bashing on this guy is all about I guess.

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 02:49 PM
i have a feeling that you cant "tap the gas and bark the tires in 2nd gear." i would hardly consider a peaky little n/a motor "instant power"

and to explain what i said earlier, i dont think that a NA honda is the cheapest way to go fast. theres cars that would rail you for alot less money.

stock b18 in a crx runs 14.9

220 whp in crx runs 12's. What cost the most are Cams, valvetrain, High compression pistons, Header.

I have the valvetrain, pistons. I can get a used set of block B cams form about $300-$350, and header about $450 to $800 used

black88gt
05-14-2007, 03:27 PM
you think you're in the 12s?

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 03:29 PM
you think you're in the 12s?

Did I ever say I was?

black88gt
05-14-2007, 03:31 PM
lol what are you trying to say then?

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
lol what are you trying to say then?

I dont know...I guess I have money and decided to go all motor.

My bad.

black88gt
05-14-2007, 03:38 PM
[quote="black88gt";p="126763":f266d]lol what are you trying to say then?

My bad.[/quote:f266d]

lol its your car, do what you want with it. its just not the most cost effective way to go fast. all that matters is you enjoy your car i guess

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
[quote="dustin_crxsi";p="126764":7c6d6][quote="black88gt";p="126763":7c6d6]lol what are you trying to say then?

My bad.[/quote:7c6d6]

lol its your car, do what you want with it. its just not the most cost effective way to go fast. all that matters is you enjoy your car i guess[/quote:7c6d6]

Serously, If I gave a F**k about your opinion, I would maybe consider it. Turboing everything that has a combustion engine isn't always the most cost effective way to make a car fast. What do you drive?

black88gt
05-14-2007, 03:49 PM
[quote="black88gt";p="126765":67278][quote="dustin_crxsi";p="126764":67278][quote="black88gt";p="126763":67278]lol what are you trying to say then?

My bad.[/quote:67278]

lol its your car, do what you want with it. its just not the most cost effective way to go fast. all that matters is you enjoy your car i guess[/quote:67278]

Serously, If I gave a F**k about your opinion, I would maybe consider it. Turboing everything that has a combustion engine isn't always the most cost effective way to make a car fast. What do you drive?[/quote:67278]

lol relax. i drive a foxbody mustang

DustinsDuster
05-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I cant really race frm a dig because I have no traction in first and at the top of second.

again i say, racing from a roll because you cant hook up is like having to settle for a handjob because your cock is too big to have sex with; its kindof fun to brag about, but in the end, youre still not getting any real action. this analogy might not relate to you very well, but you get the idea.

[quote="black88gt";p="126760":38ed5]you think you're in the 12s?

Did I ever say I was?[/quote:38ed5]

it sure looks to me like he was asking you straight out, and you couldnt give him a straight answer. after watching your vid, and knowing your car is FWD on regular tires, i would be completely surprised if you managed to break into the 13's at all....

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 05:02 PM
after watching your vid, and knowing your car is FWD on regular tires, i would be completely surprised if you managed to break into the 13's at all....

Why just because its a "honda"?

lil krumm
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
[quote="lil krumm";p="126727":3c15c]

Do you have a turbo kit installed on your vehical? didnt think so.

I have instant power. I just tap the gas in 2nd and I bark the tires. Boost lag, limits you in lower RPM tq. Even in second, shifting into 3rd at around 6500 rpm's my wheels sometimes break loose. I cant really race frm a dig because I have no traction in first and at the top of second.
[/quote:3c15c]

how do you know what i got in store for my truck?? or any other vehicle i might have? just cause i dont show off everything i got doesnt mean i dont have it.

vtec= all the boost lag with out the power......

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
how do you know what i got in store for my truck?? or any other vehicle i might have? just cause i dont show off everything i got doesnt mean i dont have it.

vtec= all the boost lag with out the power......

Lol, I guess dreaming is free.

black88gt
05-14-2007, 05:12 PM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="126778":734c9] after watching your vid, and knowing your car is FWD on regular tires, i would be completely surprised if you managed to break into the 13's at all....

Why just because its a "honda"?[/quote:734c9]

no, because your plans/video dont seem indicative of a 12 second timeslip

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 05:20 PM
[quote="dustin_crxsi";p="126785":94be4][quote="DustinsDuster";p="126778":94be4] after watching your vid, and knowing your car is FWD on regular tires, i would be completely surprised if you managed to break into the 13's at all....

Why just because its a "honda"?[/quote:94be4]

no, because your plans/video dont seem indicative of a 12 second timeslip[/quote:94be4]

You know nothing about all motor ls/vtec builds, and obvously no knowlage of engine modification. Why dont you sit back, and learn insted of your stupid ignorance cluttering up this topic.

Cams, a custom header and exhaust WILL get me into the 12 second quartermile ET's.
Im moreless learning about gear ratio's and finaldrives at this point before I decide to buy cams and the header.

DustinsDuster
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="126778":e1147] after watching your vid, and knowing your car is FWD on regular tires, i would be completely surprised if you managed to break into the 13's at all....

Why just because its a "honda"?[/quote:e1147]

no, based on the time it took you to get through that gear and all, i dont see it running that fast...

You know nothing about all motor ls/vtec builds, and obvously no knowlage of engine modification. Why dont you sit back, and learn insted of your stupid ignorance cluttering up this topic.

so unless we are LS/vtec afficiandos, we cant post in this thread? you better take another look around which board you are on....

Cams, a custom header and exhaust WILL get me into the 12 second quartermile ET's.
Im moreless learning about gear ratio's and finaldrives at this point before I decide to buy cams and the header.

No- cams, header and exhaust SHOULD get you into the 12's. if you do all that, and cant hook up, and run mid 13's, you do not have a 12 second car that cant hook. you have a 13 second car. so far, you dont even have that. claims dont mean shit without the proof.

warchild145
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM

I'll beleive that when I see it.

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
No- cams, header and exhaust SHOULD get you into the 12's. if you do all that, and cant hook up, and run mid 13's, you do not have a 12 second car that cant hook. you have a 13 second car. so far, you dont even have that. claims dont mean shit without the proof.

I have these
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/123miyagison/Tires.jpg

Im unsure on how many miles they last, so their going to be track only. 30-40 whp gain in a all motor vehical Is felt big time. But I guess no one on understands that because well...look at what board I'm on.

claims dont mean shit without the proof.

Just because you dont know anyone with an all motor B series civic doesnt mean you can knock on it. I was hoping on a little support..But again...If it doesnt have forced induction, and is on crunderground.. Its just a ricer...right?

JJ240
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM

stock motor
$40 boost controller
12s
Done.

DustinsDuster
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
But I guess no one on understands that because well...look at what board I'm on.

yeah, youre not dumb, naive and narrow-minded, everyone else on this board is....

[quote="DustinsDuster";p="126792":bcd8b]
claims dont mean shit without the proof.
Just because you dont know anyone with an all motor B series civic doesnt mean you can knock on it. I was hoping on a little support..But again...If it doesnt have forced induction, and is on crunderground.. Its just a ricer...right?[/quote:bcd8b]

who here knocked your car? all we said is that we will believe YOU pull 12's in YOUR car when we see it, not just because you say it will do it. i dont care how much you know about it, that is not the point being argued. i will totally agree you know more about Hondas (imports in general even) than i do, but i dont ever remember anyone disputing that fact. all we said is we dont believe your car is as fast as you say it is. by all means, go prove us all wrong.....

most of the cars on here are not forced induction. my Duster isnt F/I, and even if i had the money to buy a supercharger, i probably wouldnt do it.

you are a ricer because you make a bunch of claims about what your car will do with nothing to back it up other than your mouth and "knowledge".

i just have to ask; i am sure you know tons about LS/VTEC Hondas, but how many 12 second cars have you driven?

warchild145
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
so you have to have an all engine car for the 30-40 more HP to be felt? I just figured it would be an improvement in any car, N/A or forced induction but I guess I am just some moron with a domestic.

I admit I dont know the first thing about any import but I do know just a cam, a header and exhaust will not put you in the 12's.

I could put a cam in my car (already have headers and exhaust) and i still wouldnt hit 12's.

Now all jerking around aside. If you dont mind letting it out. What HP are you shooting for? I like the fact someone doesnt just slap on a turbo and actually tries to make power the hard way.

Not knocking your ride but just think your going to need more.

dustin_crxsi
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
so you have to have an all engine car for the 30-40 more HP to be felt? I just figured it would be an improvement in any car, N/A or forced induction but I guess I am just some moron with a domestic.

I admit I dont know the first thing about any import but I do know just a cam, a header and exhaust will not put you in the 12's.

I could put a cam in my car (already have headers and exhaust) and i still wouldnt hit 12's.

Now all jerking around aside. If you dont mind letting it out. What HP are you shooting for? I like the fact someone doesnt just slap on a turbo and actually tries to make power the hard way.

Not knocking your ride but just think your going to need more.

Check out my garage. Tell me $900 in valve jobs, and porting have nothing to do with it. High compression OEM pistons (12.6:1) milled head, Valve train to accept up to 10,000 rpm's. and a bottom end that can easly take 9000 RPM's.
I dont have a problem proving you guys wrong. But you guys serously need to lay off. with your Di*kish comments.

stock motor
$40 boost controller
12s
Done.

Wow... Lets be a pussy and not learn anything about throw a turbo kit on a car to run 12's. I bet only 1% of people on this entire board has taken their motor apart and resssembeled it. Or doubt you even have the tools. You guys have no idea how much it pisses me off when turbo is the only soluition to make a car fast. As for me being a "ricer" statement... Thanks. I appricate knowing all the time, money and research I put in my car still has no respect.

DragonUSMC
05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow... Lets be a pussy and not learn anything about throw a turbo kit on a car to run 12's. I bet only 1% of people on this entire board has taken their motor apart and resssembeled it. Or doubt you even have the tools. You guys have no idea how much it pisses me off when turbo is the only soluition to make a car fast. As for me being a "ricer" statement... Thanks. I appricate knowing all the time, money and research I put in my car still has no respect.

I wasnt going to say anything... but in this case you need to check JJ240's garage... he's taken apart and built more honda and nissan engines then probably yourself.

I understand you being defensive... but its statements like these that show you believe to be an elitist here.

I could say that i throw 10's and double misty flips on my snowboard all day long... but until i have a video of it... who is going to believe me? I say do it man... get some trap sheets

DustinsDuster
05-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I bet only 1% of people on this entire board has taken their motor apart and resssembeled it. Or doubt you even have the tools.

so if someone hasnt taken a motor apart, you are better than them? you know what happens when you make assumptions- you make an ASS out of YOU and UMPTIONS.

You guys have no idea how much it pisses me off when turbo is the only soluition to make a car fast.

i never said this. note that i have never told you to turbo your car. i just told you i dont think that you are in the 12's, but theres nothing wrong with that. even if you ran in the 13's, you would still be one of the quickest Honda's around here, especially on just the motor. but for some reason, that doesnt seem to be enough for you. you keep turning this whole deal into an "Us vs. you" argument. no one is ripping on your car, we just dont think its as fast as you think it is. thats called an OPINION, maybe you should take 10 seconds out of your LS/VTEC research and check the definition..

As for me being a "ricer" statement... Thanks. I appricate knowing all the time, money and research I put in my car still has no respect.

did you ever think the way you talk about stuff, combined with how much you let the things complete strangers say bother kindof bring it all upon yourself? your knowledge doesnt account for much if you keep making claims with no backing and acting like youre better and smarter than everyone else here....

JJ240
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Last I checked the only way to make a 4 cylinder fast WAS turbo. Don't be retarded...200whp isn't fucking fast. You could strap your teeny displacement engine NA onto your ass with 2 wheels and run a 12 second 1/4 and I still wouldn't give a shit. Its a front wheel drive CRX with a sub 2L naturally aspirated engine...if you wanna be fast you need to find some displacement, whether it is with a big ass NA engine, or some artificial displacement through FI. Either that or stop pretending to have a drag car and start bragging about how your car turns...thats what hondas are supposed to be good at anyway.

Drifte
05-14-2007, 08:31 PM
aright. i wasnt gonna say anything but lets see if i can remember all that was said.

220hp in a crx = 12's. NO, cant make that claim. ive seen 240+ na hp crx's with slicks run 13's...lots of them.

do i have any experience with turbo or n/a hondas?? maybe a little. right now in the garage is a zc hatch and a quad carb d16. couple d series turbo cars have run through here as well.

b16 IMO...waste of time. you wanna do something completely worth your while? h2b swap. h22 w/ b series trans for the good gears. cmparable to a k series swap, and everyone knows those are fast. 2.2l with 200+hp stock.

i know your car, your money your move. UNless you have slicks, traction bars and stripped interior, i dont see you breaking 13.5's on the track. it has been done, sure but even torque less hondas spin on the track.

btw, i do like your car.

lil krumm
05-14-2007, 08:32 PM
you know what, this kid is retarded and thinks hes right. its time to call in the king to shut him down.

mother fucker wont answer.....leaving message

you should really shut up now, you just might get raped.....

JJ240
05-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm sick of people patronizing this guy saying he has knowlege. Yeah he knows a little something, but not enough. He badmouthed turbo cars because of "turbo lag" that on its own tells me he has never owned a taebocharged engine. 90% of what people percieve to be "turbo lag' is actually throttle response from cars that have either stupid low compression ratio, or terrible timing advance to bandaid shitty tuning. Even cars carrying huge turbos that do actually take time to spool if you go from no throttle to full throttle at high enough RPM"s to flow full boost aren't that bad to drive if you compare them to a high strung NA engine. You are talking about building an NA engine that revs to 10k RPMs, and I can tell you right now VTEC isn't a fucking miracle worker. If you expect to have power at 8k+ you WONT have power under 3500. Its very likely you will actually start making power later than an engine with a properly sized turbo.
I'll give you props for digging in and building an engine, but if you think its going to be a powerhouse I'm afraid you'll be dissapointed. I've built a high compression NA 2.4L and it wasn't all its cracked up to be. Furthermore you say you had $900 in a valve grind, and port work...why waste so much money on port work that is worth maybe 15hp (thats being generous too). You say its 3angle on the exhaust, and 4 on the intake, but 3 angle is fucking factory...a 3e/4i (whats the point) angle grind shouldn't have cost you more than a few hundred bucks if you had the machine shop do the assembly and disassembly. Built NA motors without enough displacement to make power are a waste of money if you want a fast 1/4m car. And even if you want a car that turns you will be money ahead, and faster if you boost the bitch.

JJ240
05-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh, and as for the time, money, and research you put into the car getting no respect...its because of how you act about it. Everybody here that has a car that gets respect has put stupid amounts of time into their cars. I have done nothing but work, go to college, and fuck with cars for the last 3 months straight...I work till 4:30pm and as soon as I'm off the clock the car(s) get rolled inside the shop and we start working. We leave at 1 or 2am, and I'm back at work the next morning. Squeeze homework in when you can and don't start work on cars till after class 3 nights a week. And as for money...you haven't put shit for money into your car in the grand scheme of things. There are some serious heavyweights on this site who have more in wheels alone than what your car is worth. Talk about money when you are either balling, or eating one meal of ramen or hotdogs without buns a day to get parts so your stupid project is back on the road. Research? I'm afraid you fail at that one in my book too, as you have managed to contradict yourself multiple times, and post straight up undeducated bullshit on numerous occasions.

EDIT: well I think that about sums up this thread, out with the old...someone start some new shit!

DustinsDuster
05-14-2007, 10:08 PM
1 - "it wasnt a big deal until that no-talent assclown came back on to CR:u..."

2 - "why dont you just start going by "Duster" or something?"

1 - "why should i change MY name? he's the one who sucks..."

SaNdMaNsSi
05-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I thought about not replying, but I just had to. Now, I'm not trying to bash on the author of this post or anything, but come on man, really. I've found that some of the nicest and fastest cars out there have drivers that don't talk up their vehicles. I like Hondas...Love them in fact. I could afford just about any reasonably priced import out there, but back in 01 I chose to build a 2000 SI. Please don't act like youre the only Honda builder on this site, because you're not. I've found that it just better to show a timeslip than to say anything about your motor, because without proof people will tear you apart all day long. And also please don't say that turbos are for people looking for a quick cheap boost. People who say that obviously have never put a turbo kit into a non turbo car. The money, techonology, innovation, etc to do something like that is astounding. Trust me. Its not cheap, and if you're like myself you dont just strap on a turbo. You build the motor as well so that you arent running 2 lbs of boost. As for saying a vehicle is fast because you can screech your tires while driving makes little sense. On my stock rims and tires all I'd have to do is a rev a little and dump the clutch and I could do that too. When I switched to 17x7's and bought the best tires on the market at the time for my application, I couldnt screech the tires even if I dumped the clutch while driving. Did my car suddenly become slow because I bought great tires? No. You want to hook up with a fast car, not burn out all day long. I'm not trying to rag on you personally, because as a fellow Honda builder I know how people like to give "ricers" a hard time. But its just best to drive your car and enjoy it until you have a timeslip, otherwise people will continue to rip you apart.

foxsgurl28
05-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Yea this guy knows a little bit but not ass much as he lets on. He was on Fox's site and got all pissed at everyone there for going to Richard with the car problems when he said that he does a damn better job and fixed a lot more complicated shit. Then he goes onto hitting on me in PM's and on MSN when Fox is rite there. The guy is an asshole. He has NO ppl skills at all. I wanted to stay out of his baby ranting and raving but I cant take it anymore. Any site that he goes on he goes against the rest of the ppl on that site. When Zac will say something, that is when the real shit will blow. He will be bashing Zac just like he did Fox. I think we should get some gay guys to gang bang him but I think that he would enjoy that too much. I hope he gets his dick burnt in his baby's (his car) tailpipe. Hahaha that would be comedy. :butthead:

foxsgurl28
05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
From Brett (Talon92fox):
Wow, so first you get bashed and banned on a board that only slow people are on that aren't all about fast cars, or basically cars at all, being my site. Secondly you're "man" enough to block Nicole and I's screen names on MSN after you call Nicole a slut and basically think she'd be better with you than with me. I tried telling you not everyone but yourself give a fuck about your stupid ass Honda, or the people on your little Honda site that you brag so much about that it seems like you own it or you're the fastest one on there. Gosh you're so annoying.

Brett

ZacFields
05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Actually I thought about responding but I honestly have nothing to say. LOL. I will say this is the first topic I read front to back for 9 pages in a long time!

Zac

foxsgurl28
05-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Hahaha and you wonder why I love Fox! You shoulda seen him stand up for me on his site.

PS Dustin,,,I really want your penis sooooo bad, Im gonna turn into a man so it will work out. Im also going to take a bath in bleach and tomato juice after the sex. Oil and stink dont go well with me. Go fuck your mother Dustin!

black88gt
05-15-2007, 01:09 AM
[quote="black88gt";p="126789":6dc54][quote="dustin_crxsi";p="126785":6dc54][quote="DustinsDuster";p="126778":6dc54] after watching your vid, and knowing your car is FWD on regular tires, i would be completely surprised if you managed to break into the 13's at all....

Why just because its a "honda"?[/quote:6dc54]

no, because your plans/video dont seem indicative of a 12 second timeslip[/quote:6dc54]

Im moreless learning about gear ratio's and finaldrives at this point before I decide to buy cams and the header.[/quote:6dc54]

lol continue to make assumptions about me. its cool, i dont let shit bother me like you do. either way, judging by the content of the responses, none of us have any "knowlage" of engine modification. you > everyone else :prayer:

Ashley
05-15-2007, 01:17 AM
i cannot believe i am just NOW reading this thread. hahaha. awesome. :)

~626~
05-15-2007, 03:53 AM
I was on the way home from a meet in Chicago and Just want to take a video of me staying in 3rd gear and hitting 100mph. Dont worry, no one was comming, and their wasnt any side streets. It was just north of dekalb, Ill.

My neighbor burnt me a mp3, and she put a bunch of techno on it.. I left the music up so you can hear how loud the motor gets. and when the video gets at the end, lol it looks like Im going to crash but I droped the cam as I reached to put it in 5th.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/ ... 0_0584.flv (http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/123miyagison/?action=view&current=100_0584.flv)

I didnt even get to 8000 rpm's. And If your wondering....8800 is my redline

lol

Please don't tell me you rev to 8800rpm on a stock B18A bottom end.

Domestic Disturbance
05-15-2007, 04:15 AM
btw dustin happy bday! have a great day!

and ya 88blackgt was right not really the most cost effective way to go fast. initially u bought a cheaper car, but to make urs ne quicker u have to drop loads of cash. and NA w/o displacement/FI ur only gonna get so far, and ur $/HP is gonna go sky high. i can understand u building ur car and strong as possible seeing how fast it can go then turboing it, but just N/A setup. 12's if Jesus is on ur side. itd b a cool thing to c. but still not the most logically route

ZacFields
05-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I think building a fast NA car is neat. I'd just rather do it with something that has a little more potential. I don't know what the aftermarket is, but I know Cavalier Z24's have decent potential in that area. They are 2.4 liters so a little more displacement. I know Nick Stanley put his in the 14's with very little engine work. I'm sure if the aftermarket parts exist you could get one of those in the 12's easy...I don't see why not anyways.

But realistically, if I was going to build a fast NA car I'd go with a V6. Now that would be unique :)

Zac

DustinsDuster
05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I think building a fast NA car is neat. I'd just rather do it with something that has a little more potential. I don't know what the aftermarket is, but I know Cavalier Z24's have decent potential in that area. They are 2.4 liters so a little more displacement. I know Nick Stanley put his in the 14's with very little engine work. I'm sure if the aftermarket parts exist you could get one of those in the 12's easy...I don't see why not anyways.

But realistically, if I was going to build a fast NA car I'd go with a V6. Now that would be unique :)

Zac

the thing is; once you start getting to those times, you will really start to run into traction problems in those light little front wheel drive cars when they make enough power to pull those times. you would need to get stickier tires, but then that can put more stress on your clutch, trans, etc, and most of those drivetrain parts werent meant to sustain that much abuse in stock form, which is the way most of them seem to be run.

i am not saying it cant be done, it just seems to be a lot more work than it is worth to me...

ZacFields
05-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Agreed. Possibly if there was a good 6cyl RWD vehicle it might be a little easier.

I still want Troy's Miata. Then I can get a turbo or supercharger kit for it and see what a little tiny car like that can run. They're like the size of gocarts and they're RWD. love it!

Zac

DustinsDuster
05-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Agreed. Possibly if there was a good 6cyl RWD vehicle it might be a little easier.

I still want Troy's Miata. Then I can get a turbo or supercharger kit for it and see what a little tiny car like that can run. They're like the size of gocarts and they're RWD. love it!

Zac

it's roughly the size of my Sunbeam; and that one is getting a V8.....

ZacFields
05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
bahhahahah that's gunna be great!

I bet anything it'll spin halfway down the track unless you get some slicks. But even spinning it'll probably run 12's your first time out.

Zac

JJ240
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
If that thing sees the drag strip more than it sees corners baby jesus will cry.

DustinsDuster
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
If that thing sees the drag strip more than it sees corners baby jesus will cry.

the way i see it, i am going to have a car for just about every kind of driving i would want to do;

i'll have my Duster to beat on at the strip, i'll have my Sunbeam to carve corners in, my truck to have as a quick daily driver, and in a couple years here, i should have a Challenger to do whatever else i might want to do....

black88gt
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM

Zac

can you say monster miata? put a 302 in it THEN boost it