PDA

View Full Version : Heads-Up Everyone I Need Your Help

MustangSally
05-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Yesterday ( Sat., May 5th ) my 7 yr old granddaughter's dog she got for her 5th Birthday from her dad disappeared from our home over here just off of Edgewood Rd NW.

It is a small male Shih Tzu, white with brown markings all hair except for the tail
has been cut very short for the beginning of summer, his tail hair was left long.

He is wearing a blue rhinestone collar. I spoke to a person that lives across from us and was told that a blue car had stopped and picked -up the dog then drove off, this was on Edgewood Rd nw.

I have placed an ad in the news paper and it will be out on Tuesday, but thats not soon enough for me, so if anyone hears of someone that had picked-up this dog on Sat., on edgewood rd or near edgewood rd, please tell the person that has him to call us, his owner is heart-broken and has been crying all day after being told about her beloved pet.

I am offering a $50.00 cash reward for his safe return to me.

Anita

DustinsDuster
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
i am almost never on that side of town, but i will keep my ears open. Zac and Ashley live kindof by there, hopefully they'll be able to help out...

Drifte
05-06-2007, 08:36 PM
wow i will be sure to spread the word. if im lucky enough to find him, i just wanna borrow it for 10 minutes so my gf can play with him.

Ashley
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
yeah we live over there, i'll keep my eyes/ears out. we aren't supposed to have pets in our neighborhood, though, so i doubt it's anyone here.

ZacFields
05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I set this topic as Global Announcement, Homepage News, and sent out a Mass email.

When I lived in Mississippi I had a few dogs that ran away once and it broke my heart. I was lucky enough to have them return home safe but I definitely feel sorry that this happened.

Hopefully these extra efforts can help locate this dog. Everyone check your email, and be a good sport and forward it to your friends. Takes like 2 seconds and this is much more important than the hundred chain letters I get in the email everyday.

Zac

MustangSally
05-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Thanks everyone.

Zac, thank you for posting this global Rob and I are blessed to have such friends as you all are.

I was on the phone with my mother tonight, she is watching my granddaughter while my son is at work on Sunday nights.

My mother said that Rachel cried her self to sleep ovewr her "buddy" (dog ).

It is breaking my heart knowing that Rachel is suffering like this.

Thank you again.

DragonUSMC
05-07-2007, 06:48 AM
have you contacted all the shelters? Do you have any pics you can post. My GF and i scan all the regional shelter ads frequently and if i have a pic to go off of it would help.

NSGT
05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
hey i work at the edgewood road hy vee and have friends taht live over there we will be sure to be on the look out.. my 5 year old niece just got a baby shih tzu and is in love with it but its not the same colors as yours and im sorry this had to happen to you ...

DustinsDuster
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
it might also prove useful to call the police and report it, a lot of times, when the humane society or shelters arent open, people will call the police and just have an officer pick up the animal. worth a try anyway.

MustangSally
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
THANK YOU All for your help and Ideas.

I went to the city dog shelter to look to day but he wasn't there, they took all info and our phone number.

No sooner got home and there were two messages on the phone, one from the shelter and one from the Lady who picked the dog up right before he almost got hit.

She brought "Buddy" to me, I offered her the reward but she turned it down she was just glad to find his owner.

Thanks again All............. your all the best !

allgo
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I am glad you got your dog back!

ZacFields
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Very good to hear! Always great to find a lost pet.

Zac

69gt4speed
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks you all, yea the girl was pretty upset, Mike wasn't happy cause the girl, all because Mike or I left the door open when we came back sat. We caught hell. :Hangman: Dogs are good, never give ya sh-t except runnin after the girls. They like to ride in cars too, fast as you want.

MustangSally
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks you all, yea the girl was pretty upset, Mike wasn't happy cause the girl, all because Mike or I left the door open when we came back sat. We caught hell. :Hangman: Dogs are good, never give ya sh-t except runnin after the girls. They like to ride in cars too, fast as you want.

yup, Rob and Mike both got their butt's cussed out, big time by ME when I found the dog gone, they never seen me as mad as I was that day :mad: , but all is forgiven since I got my granddaughter's dog back, well almost all........ if it ever happens again I'm smacking both up against their heads for good meassure. Having a pet is a big responsiblity that shouldn't be taken lightly.

DustinsDuster
05-08-2007, 06:56 PM
good to hear, thats pretty much a missing family member when the family is so attatched to it.

i would probably be bumming pretty hard if our dog went missing, and hes not even my dog!

Drifte
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Thats awesome you found your dog! i jus came by to see if their was any progress and you got it. awesome, i accidently let my gf's cat outa my house and it never came back...im still gettin crap for it.

DustinsDuster
05-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Thats awesome you found your dog! i jus came by to see if their was any progress and you got it. awesome, i accidently let my gf's cat outa my house and it never came back...im still gettin crap for it.

its probably better her cat never came back, cats are the wicked spawn of satan....

Drifte
05-09-2007, 07:47 PM
this was was an all black part Siamese devil she was freakin insane. i got her for my gf for her bday or something. her name was tinkerbell.