PDA

View Full Version : Job Search Cedar Rapids!

ZacFields
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
It has come to my attention that there are a lot of people probably looking for jobs right now. So if you're looking for work or if you know of a place that is hiring, this is the topic to see.

In this topic, post what kind of job you're looking for, including pay, and if possible some of your qualifications. And also, if you know of a job that might fit someone from this topic, let them know!

[hr]

I'll start us off: I'm going to be going to University of Iowa at some point within the next year...possibly as early as January of 08. I'm possibly going to need to get a new job because of this.

My Situation: First of all, I have a 21 year old's dream job right now. The work is not incredibly difficult, and I spend about 2.5-3 hours of my shift (during downtime) playing video games on my laptop....seriously....game controller and everything. That being said, it would take a LOT to pull me away from my job right now. I'm in a Team-Leader position and I fill in for supervisors often when they are sick, so a promotion to full-time supervisor is definitely in my future if I stay with the company I am in.

New-Job Requirements: First of all, I won't leave my job for less than $17.00/hour. That's possibly negotiable down to $14.00/hour if the situation is good. The hours need to be either evening shift or preferably overnights. My goal is to have at least all day (from 8am-6pm) available for school. I prefer to be in management, but that is not a requirement as I understand without a bachelor's degree many businesses don't like to hire management positions from outside the company.

[hr]

So there's my job request. Anyone else looking for jobs?

Zac

Ricky
05-03-2007, 09:30 AM
wow i want your job zac. good money and i be it has A/C! do you work on the weekends?

ZacFields
05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
haha, yeah I work weekends. They're open 24-7 365. The only problem is that they don't hire full time off the streets. You have to start at part time for sometimes 3-6 months before you can work your way to full time.

It's an extremely good gig. You have to take a lot of crap sometimes as with any other call-center type environment but I can't think of a better situation in any aspect except for $$$$$

Zac

Drifte
05-03-2007, 11:37 AM
im always looking for a career. tryin to get my foot in the door of rockwell with an internship. doubt it works out tho. what are you takin at iowa zac.

ZacFields
05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll be taking Business Finance at Iowa. I hear it's one of the hardest business degrees, right up there with accounting. But all my life everything i've ever been about has to do with business in some way. And I tend to enjoy finance, including things like stocks/bonds etc.

That's part of the reason I wouldn't mind getting a job at the post office in processing. I've been sitting in a cubicle for over a year now, and that's what I'll be doing after college too so it would be nice to get a little break from cubicles and customers and work in the back for a while :)

But honestly I love my job. And if they happen to promote me to supervisor before I end up finding something else I would take the position and never look back. Supervisor at my work is something I could see myself doing for quite a while until I decide to start my own business.

Zac

DustinsDuster
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
im always looking for a career. tryin to get my foot in the door of rockwell with an internship. doubt it works out tho. what are you takin at iowa zac.

my buddy interned at Rockwell for three summers while he was studying computer engineering. but the time he graduated, he had a $50k a year job waiting for him. it sounds like a really good deal; if i were you id try everything i could to get into a gig like that.

Drifte
05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
i am, thats exactly what im hoping for.

Drifte
05-03-2007, 05:46 PM
oh zac, between me you, trevor and tyler and stro...we all seem to want to own our own business..wtf is up with that?! musta been the way we were taught or something, thats really neat. ive takin quiet a few business classes, and for soem reason i enjoy it.

ZacFields
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
we're a bunch of kids who prefer to work for ourselves rather than a boss :)

Business was a pretty big deal at Prairie. They pushed business on us a lot. I was in BPA for a couple years at Prairie and did pretty well.

Ideally I'd like to own a business that is somewhat small, but generates enough profit that I could pay my workers well and pay myself enough that I don't ever have to worry about money again.

Zac

Drifte
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
yeaaa...were all the damn same.

DragonUSMC
05-04-2007, 06:20 AM
I’ll post one…

Weekend job for you guys up in CR / Iowa City

Snowboard instructor at http://www.skisnowstar.com
You make your schedule, work when you want. Paid by the lesson, %40 off of everything at snow star, free lift pass, free lift tickets for guests for returning instructors, half off lift tickets at our sister resorts.

No teaching experience necessary, We teach you how to teach. But must be able to snowboard already… I will NOT teach you to ride, but I will help you improve your riding.

Email me at Jason.chrzan@gmail.com or call snow star and leave contact information.

Yes I do start looking at hiring people this early…

Drifte
05-04-2007, 08:27 PM
holy crap^. like dream job...

DragonUSMC
05-06-2007, 09:46 AM
yeah but you work for me.. =P