PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be out this Saturday

TeamCSI
04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Anyone going to be out in C.R. this saturday night or is everyone gonna be getting a little r.r. from cordova tomorrow night? just wanted to know so my friends and i won't waste any gas rolling up there saturday.

Ricky
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
i may be out and about. not sure though

NewSpeedSteed
04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Theres ALWAYS somebody out in cedar rapids- its just that finding people can be tough. But seeing how its suppose to be like 70-80* you can bet there will be people out. Personally though I wont be out- just too busy. But I'd still show up even though Cordova is kicking off this weekend.

TeamCSI
04-26-2007, 09:50 PM
alright cool. hope to see some of you around. i gotta get used to the surroundings again.

DustinsDuster
04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
i wont be out, another friends birthday that night. gad damn, its like every weekend!

NewSpeedSteed
04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Theres ALWAYS somebody out in cedar rapids- its just that finding people can be tough. But seeing how its suppose to be like 70-80* you can bet there will be people out. Personally though I wont be out- just too busy. But I'd still show up even though Cordova is kicking off this weekend.

Yes I realize that I said I won't be out but since a friends back into town for a few days we will most likely be out and about Saturday.

So uh..... yay. haha.

TeamCSI
04-28-2007, 12:13 AM
cool, i'm looking for getting back up there, its been awhile.

ProRauder
04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Unless something goes horribly wrong, I'll be down tonight.

:D

Jappbox
04-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I made a post on streetpsi as well. meet at chorme city at 9:30 after crusing or whatever. That spot is the only spot in town we cant get kicked out of..

TeamCSI
04-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I made a post on streetpsi as well. meet at chorme city at 9:30 after crusing or whatever. That spot is the only spot in town we cant get kicked out of..

I don't know where that place is, i suppose if i get into town early enough i could probably find it or something.

warchild145
04-28-2007, 11:19 AM
so when is all this going down besides this meeting up thing? I might just make my trip the the "office" around this time. Good excuse to go out i suppose.

69gt4speed
04-28-2007, 01:29 PM
A sonic blu car will be available, a gt. I'll be around later after work if any will be out then.

ProRauder
04-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Unless something goes horribly wrong, I'll be down tonight.

:D

Ok, so I'm sitting in the Advance Auto Parts lot sniping Intarweb access from who know whom and there isn't another car here...

Didn't someone say they meet here saturday nights too?

I'll hang for about another 30 minutes and then head back to Waterloo.

John

Stutz
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Last night i was driving through iowa city and there was a car show at sycramore mall, do they have that every friday night or what? I just got back from eddyville and i might be going to tri state tomorrow plus i have prom tonite so i wont be out.

warchild145
04-28-2007, 05:34 PM
no its a once a month gig

heres the link on details http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/cccruisers/

TeamCSI
04-28-2007, 05:55 PM
i'll hopefully be heading out from here around 8 or so hopefully, friends are a lil unreliable lol. anyway keep an eye out for the red formula fiero.

TeamCSI
04-29-2007, 03:12 AM
didn't get into town til about midnight had to wait for everyone to assemble before heading out. anyway c.r. was kind of a let down tonight, all these nice cars at chrome city and no one wanted to race, my buddy wanted to do a money run against some guy that said he could beat almost anything but found out he was mostly talk. so hopefully there'll be better luck for us next month when we come up again.

amoander
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
There was a few people wanting to run and 2 did, but were disrupted.

TeamCSI
04-29-2007, 02:32 PM
There was a few people wanting to run and 2 did, but were disrupted.

Yea I heard about that. How big is the scene usually on a saturday night without prom and other stuff goin on?

amoander
04-29-2007, 07:12 PM
All depends on the night, some are bust others are great.

TbTalon94
04-30-2007, 07:55 AM
latley it seams that there are a bunch of cars that meet up, and they all just sit around. Kinda shitty.

TeamCSI
04-30-2007, 03:43 PM
latley it seams that there are a bunch of cars that meet up, and they all just sit around. Kinda shitty.

yea thats what my friends and i found out saturday night, we ended up only staying in C.R. for an hour before heading back to davenport.

Jappbox
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM
seems like no one wants to race anyone like they are scared to ask or dont want to, or something.... things much change some how.

TeamCSI
04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
seems like no one wants to race anyone like they are scared to ask or dont want to, or something.... things much change some how.

Exactly, why setup a location if your just going to stand around in a parking lot all night til 2 in the morning. Thats the main reason i go to cr is for the action and its a waste of time for me to get a nice size group together to go a lil over 100 miles just to sit around. like you said people need to step up to a challenge instead of cower in fear or some lame crap.

black88gt
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
[quote="red04evo";p="125680":fa994]seems like no one wants to race anyone like they are scared to ask or dont want to, or something.... things much change some how.

Exactly, why setup a location if your just going to stand around in a parking lot all night til 2 in the morning. Thats the main reason i go to cr is for the action and its a waste of time for me to get a nice size group together to go a lil over 100 miles just to sit around. like you said people need to step up to a challenge instead of cower in fear or some lame crap.[/quote:fa994]

lol you stayed for a full hour, then left. did you ask anyone to run? or did you just stand there and expect people to come up to you? i find it hard to believe you couldnt find a run with all the people out saturday.

amoander
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I rarely have trouble finding people to run against. i think the issue might be, that people aren't talking as much because if they do huge crowds of nonracers show up like what happened last summer and they start jacking around revving their motors, burn outs, try to start fights, or just get in the way, the people that really want to race like to keep it quite, get it organized and run 'em. That is a huge run one sentence go me! Heck last summer sum kid threatened to shoot some of us, and in turn got jacked in the face. By the way he was blocking the intrance/exit to the parking lot.

Jappbox
04-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I think this next time we met up at C.C. We are going to get something organized, get races locked in for fun/money and know WHO is raceing WHO then make it out to a spot.....RACE... then come back to "the parking lot" less B.S. less time for cops exc.... Ill bring a loudspeaker to get everyones fucking atention lol..

p.s. no 15sec or slower cars if you have a bone stock civic or mazda toyota or whatever it should used as a car pool only and not rev your motor. I think everyone will agree this is extra attention we do not need.

Jappbox
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Also some might say "well my car is not finished so this is my DD" that is fine but drive like a normal person. Last weekend me and edd saw 2 cars fuckin around with each other on there way to Chrome City. totally not needed as that is more attention and Stupid. Its like racing on first, ave just plain dumb. I think peoples lives are more important than racing. If we are going to have races we are going to do it smart not stupid like in californa. That is why there are no races in cali now.

OldSkoolRCR
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Well Vics... going to get his ass handed to him this weekend. For those of you who can not make it. I will post it.

TeamCSI
04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
I think this next time we met up at C.C. We are going to get something organized, get races locked in for fun/money and know WHO is raceing WHO then make it out to a spot.....RACE... then come back to "the parking lot" less B.S. less time for cops exc.... Ill bring a loudspeaker to get everyones fucking atention lol..

p.s. no 15sec or slower cars if you have a bone stock civic or mazda toyota or whatever it should used as a car pool only and not rev your motor. I think everyone will agree this is extra attention we do not need.

lol half of my group that comes from the qc area don't even race at the track let alone know what the hell our car's run in the 1/4. i know my car last i ran it was dog ass slow it was somewhere in the low 17's ( I'm not ashamed to say it) but the track compares to nothing on the street, on the track you may run slow as hell but on the street you may go up against a car that you know is high 15's or faster and beat it, so do you go by the time you get at the track or do you go by what just happened on the street? you tell me. ( sorry bout the rant, just making a statement)

Jappbox
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
well i dunno what to tell you just like technolegy advances every year cars get faster. 3 years ago you would have lots of 15 sec cars to race, like tons, but now good luck people want to see 13, 12, 11, 10 sec cars race and they want to see the BS talk and the race that fallows. Dan talked to me, he went to the races in chicago, lots of cars well over 100 that wanted to race, but $500 minumum to race. I know i went to davenport once trying to get money races that didnt work, noone wanted to race there and you guy only had the highway other spots were to dangerous for a 400+hp car. So with you running 15's or whatever you have to ask yourself is it worth it to drive all the way here to just watch, cause i dought you will find a race.

TeamCSI
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
well i dunno what to tell you just like technolegy advances every year cars get faster. 3 years ago you would have lots of 15 sec cars to race, like tons, but now good luck people want to see 13, 12, 11, 10 sec cars race and they want to see the BS talk and the race that fallows. Dan talked to me, he went to the races in chicago, lots of cars well over 100 that wanted to race, but $500 minumum to race. I know i went to davenport once trying to get money races that didnt work, noone wanted to race there and you guy only had the highway other spots were to dangerous for a 400+hp car. So with you running 15's or whatever you have to ask yourself is it worth it to drive all the way here to just watch, cause i dought you will find a race.

No offense but half the people you'd find in dport that want to run are the posers that bring out their parents camrys and usually don't know how to drive for anything. The only reason why i come to c.r. is because its interesting to watch real races, i mean dport is nothing more than a big joke now, i don't even bother trying to run anyone that rolls up next to me. Usually when my friends and i come to c.r. i don't feel like racing anything faster than me so ill challenge my friends to give me something to do and to put on a slight show win or lose even if it is humurous for the crowd. but this past saturday when i was at c.c. i saw a few cars that were jokes, mostly honda's with fart cans and a zx2. my friend wanted to do a money run on his bike but it didn't look like anyone there wanted to run.

Jappbox
04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
ya well this was 2 years ago and they said come down we have a fast camaro or soemthing, and a few other cars. so we took my car and a few others. i think there was 1 race. and i wasted 5 gallans of c-14 :( o well. that was along time ago, like i said it was once wont go there again. I would be intrested in desmoines again if they had anything going on.

TeamCSI
04-30-2007, 10:09 PM
yea thats understandable, dport used to be a great place to run but i was only about 16 or 17 back, but now its just lame to be around here, thats why i travel up to c.r. I was going to go to des moines last year but never made it, i'll probably try chicago one of these days before i get bored of racing or something lol.

Stang5oh93
05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Its like racing on first, ave just plain dumb. I think peoples lives are more important than racing. If we are going to have races we are going to do it smart not stupid like in californa. That is why there are no races in cali now.

I know I am new here and I don't want to sound all mighty but the ONLY smart race is at the drag strip where there is a controlled environment.

Just my .02 cents

DustinsDuster
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
no offense, but the couple times i went out last year, i just put out the call to my close friends and people i actually know well to come out. every time i have met up at a place like Chrome City or Trent's old place, its always a lame situation. Jesse, remember racing on highway 30? yeah, that was pretty lame and unsafe. i went out last year with my friends and a few other guys who actually know what they were doing, and had no problems at all...

TbTalon94
05-02-2007, 07:22 AM
When you get in that type of situation it's always great. The problem now is you have 35+cars out there that have no intention racing and have no business racing. This makes it un-safe and frankly retarded. A "good turn-out" night is when we get a few good people showing up that come to race and that's it. Not a bunch of idiots that stand around and try to fight with everyone.

TeamCSI
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
thats the problem i face when i come to c.r. One problem is that i don't know anyone, which makes for an uncomfortable situation 2. I can only remember some hot spots. Usually when i come out its with intent to run but i'm not gonna run someone that has a 10 sec car cause its a waste of their time and mine lol.

DustinsDuster
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
lol half of my group that comes from the qc area don't even race at the track let alone know what the hell our car's run in the 1/4. i know my car last i ran it was dog ass slow it was somewhere in the low 17's ( I'm not ashamed to say it) but the track compares to nothing on the street, on the track you may run slow as hell but on the street you may go up against a car that you know is high 15's or faster and beat it, so do you go by the time you get at the track or do you go by what just happened on the street? you tell me. ( sorry bout the rant, just making a statement)

i'll bet money that the car you beat that is faster is running slower; not you running faster than you do at the strip. and say what you want, but its just not fun watching 15+ second cars race. just isnt.....

TeamCSI
05-02-2007, 05:01 PM
[quote="TeamCSI";p="125706":99a56]lol half of my group that comes from the qc area don't even race at the track let alone know what the hell our car's run in the 1/4. i know my car last i ran it was dog ass slow it was somewhere in the low 17's ( I'm not ashamed to say it) but the track compares to nothing on the street, on the track you may run slow as hell but on the street you may go up against a car that you know is high 15's or faster and beat it, so do you go by the time you get at the track or do you go by what just happened on the street? you tell me. ( sorry bout the rant, just making a statement)

i'll bet money that the car you beat that is faster is running slower; not you running faster than you do at the strip. and say what you want, but its just not fun watching 15+ second cars race. just isnt.....
[/quote:99a56]

Not to be rude but what does your car run in the 1/4?

DustinsDuster
05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
mid to low 12's on the motor, high 11's so far on the nitrous.

Jappbox
05-02-2007, 06:13 PM
no offense, but the couple times i went out last year, i just put out the call to my close friends and people i actually know well to come out. every time i have met up at a place like Chrome City or Trent's old place, its always a lame situation. Jesse, remember racing on highway 30? yeah, that was pretty lame and unsafe. i went out last year with my friends and a few other guys who actually know what they were doing, and had no problems at all...

It was not highway 30 it was 151 off of 30. Actully a good place if we would have ran on the other side cause of trafic. Its still has less trafic than highway 100 and we have had how many races there?? i think just people dont like street racing. witch in my opiion is 90% of the fun. I have pushed the limits of the roads so there is no excuse of "safty" inless you have major traction problems witch that is due to bad suspention setup or tire selection. If you watch videos or chicago races they have 8 sec cars running on the street from a dig, not to mentiong its easyer for traction on a roll that traction is not a excuse. and the roads cant be blamed I have gone 175mph on highway 30, and over 150mph on highway 100 without stressing for my safty. thats just my opinion. As long as people use common sense races will be safe.

TeamCSI
05-02-2007, 06:21 PM

Ok so you said watching a 15 sec car run isn't fun. I'm just wondering if its not fun then whats the point of racing at all, I mean we all come out to the races to have fun and watch anyone run no matter it be an 11 sec car or a 20 sec junker all that i like to see is who comes out on top. Besides that run a 15 sec car goes home with a lesson learned and hopefully comes back out a lil bit faster. but going back to what you said about watching 15 second car's run sorta defeats the purpose of run what ya brung, doesn't it?

DustinsDuster
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
i cant remember the last time i raced a car that there was almost no chance i would lose to. i always race cars that i might beat, but will probably lose to. i dont go out in my car looking to race all night. i usually have one or two cars in mind, talk to those two drivers, go and take care of it real qucik and come back with a small group at most.

as far as what i said about watching 15+ sec and above cars not being fun, i dont think it defeats the prupose at all. i dont like sitting at "races" and watching 20-30 cars race. id rather go with a set goal to run someone or watch two specific people run, and then leave. no sense in waiting around for the cops.

if you like watching/racing those slower races, more power to ya. i just highly doubt i will be there

DustinsDuster
05-02-2007, 06:39 PM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="125867":0f0d5]

Ok so you said watching a 15 sec car run isn't fun. I'm just wondering if its not fun then whats the point of racing at all, I mean we all come out to the races to have fun and watch anyone run no matter it be an 11 sec car or a 20 sec junker all that i like to see is who comes out on top. Besides that run a 15 sec car goes home with a lesson learned and hopefully comes back out a lil bit faster. but going back to what you said about watching 15 second car's run sorta defeats the purpose of run what ya brung, doesn't it?[/quote:0f0d5]

actually, it was highway 13 i raced you on.....either way, never again. i was freaked out about every car coming either way.

warchild145
05-02-2007, 06:39 PM
well somewhat along those lines, isnt it also kind of stupid to bring out a vehicle that isnt even in your name and just plain ol stock? Not saying you do this I'm talking in general.

15 second cars are boring, heck i have a 13 second car and I think its boring but I also dont race on the streets...........anymore.

15 second and slower cars make for a very boring day at the track IMO.

Jappbox
05-02-2007, 06:48 PM
i would agree 15 sec and slower is boring, like i said 4 years ago thats allmost all there was. But cars get faster. sorry dustin i get all those highways mixed up. Its cool some people just like the track me i think the track is boring i like the thrill of it and being able to have more time to slow down then the track, but i also love roll racing so i everyone has diffrent opinions.

TeamCSI
05-02-2007, 06:59 PM
i cant remember the last time i raced a car that there was almost no chance i would lose to. i always race cars that i might beat, but will probably lose to. i dont go out in my car looking to race all night. i usually have one or two cars in mind, talk to those two drivers, go and take care of it real qucik and come back with a small group at most.

as far as what i said about watching 15+ sec and above cars not being fun, i dont think it defeats the prupose at all. i dont like sitting at "races" and watching 20-30 cars race. id rather go with a set goal to run someone or watch two specific people run, and then leave. no sense in waiting around for the cops.

if you like watching/racing those slower races, more power to ya. i just highly doubt i will be there

I don't really consider a stock 3.8L or a stock to lightly modded v8 to be that slow especially when compared to a lightly modded 2.8L that i'm currently running in my car, its just fun to have a challenge instead of racing something in my class thats potentially slower.

APPLES355
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
if the two cars racing are pretty much equal it will make for a good race. even if they are 15+ sec cars. that is what they can afford or want to race. those cars arent for me just because there is just to much time and you find yourself thinking are we there yet. its all in fun.

69gt4speed
05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
if the two cars racing are pretty much equal it will make for a good race. even if they are 15+ sec cars. that is what they can afford or want to race. those cars arent for me just because there is just to much time and you find yourself thinking are we there yet. its all in fun.

That's pretty much how I view it also. Guys start somewhere lose a close race then mod to get that lil more is how it is done 99% of the time. Back in 72 what we had at best was 13 or 14 sec. cars 90% of the time. There might be 100 cars show up and 50 would run down at kw dart in k.c. Those days cops were few and didn't bother you much. These days with cell phones and a police force like here can't be jacking around much.

Those old restored cars are still 13 or 14 sec cars, it is my favorite line up just to see what they can do, I guess cause many beat my arse back then. We had dig and roll races then as now.

TeamCSI
05-02-2007, 11:22 PM
[quote="APPLES355";p="125888":5b738]if the two cars racing are pretty much equal it will make for a good race. even if they are 15+ sec cars. that is what they can afford or want to race. those cars arent for me just because there is just to much time and you find yourself thinking are we there yet. its all in fun.

That's pretty much how I view it also. Guys start somewhere lose a close race then mod to get that lil more is how it is done 99% of the time. Back in 72 what we had at best was 13 or 14 sec. cars 90% of the time. There might be 100 cars show up and 50 would run down at kw dart in k.c. Those days cops were few and didn't bother you much. These days with cell phones and a police force like here can't be jacking around much.

Those old restored cars are still 13 or 14 sec cars, it is my favorite line up just to see what they can do, I guess cause many beat my arse back then. We had dig and roll races then as now.
[/quote:5b738]

Exactly, you may have a 15 sec car but you get your ass beat enough times you gonna come back a bit faster, i remember my friend got one new part on his car to beat me just by a little bit, the next day i went and ordered two new parts for my car and was ready for a rematch that weekend and lets just say he was in for a big surprise lol.

armstong
05-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Well i can tell u that's all I had, i thought they were fast being in a small town. i had my uncle with a chevelle i knew was kickin then one day that blu car put a whippn on him so bad it hurt me for my uncle. i won't ride in that blu thing no more. i see now my stuff was slow now its turbos blowers but when i had my camaro it was still fun racin my buddies. fast is what u are around and can beat.

black88gt
05-03-2007, 12:05 AM
teamcsi, didnt you run a 17 at the track? was that a clean pass? have you modded your car since then? not sure how i could even drive a 17 second car. its kinda hard to find a car you would have a chance with out on the road. a truck or 2 maybe, or a tired old honda.

TeamCSI
05-03-2007, 12:58 AM
teamcsi, didnt you run a 17 at the track? was that a clean pass? have you modded your car since then? not sure how i could even drive a 17 second car. its kinda hard to find a car you would have a chance with out on the road. a truck or 2 maybe, or a tired old honda.

Yea it was 17.1 but the motor work was done by a shisty mechanic on a rebuilt motor, my old 2.8 managed a 16.4 before it went out but that was back when my tranny also had below 100,000 miles on it. Since then my rebuilt has gotten a few more mods down to it but needs bigger fuel injectors and a tranny rebuild. but i assure you the cars that i took out last definately weren't tired ole honda's.

TeamCSI
05-03-2007, 01:02 AM
[quote="black88gt";p="125906":a982f]

Yea it was 17.1 but the motor work was done by a shisty mechanic on a rebuilt motor, my old 2.8 managed a 16.4 before it went out but that was back when my tranny also had below 100,000 miles on it. Since then my rebuilt has gotten a few more mods down to it but needs bigger fuel injectors and a tranny rebuild. but i assure you the cars that i took out last definately weren't tired ole honda's.
[/quote:a982f]

I also forgot to mention that this new motor has not been tuned. It'll get that done if i get my injectors by my b-day

Deimos
05-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Dude my 383's first three passes were as follow's 16.2 at 99.98, 14.7 at 99.98 and 15.2 at 99.98. Damn Th350's...

Stutz
05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
[quote="TeamCSI";p="125910":3daea]
[quote="black88gt";p="125906":3daea]

[/quote:3daea]

I also forgot to mention that this new motor has not been tuned. It'll get that done if i get my injectors by my b-day
[/quote:3daea]

I will race ya, stock grand prix with cone filter and heavy system in the trunk lol

TeamCSI
05-06-2007, 05:21 PM
[quote="TeamCSI";p="125911":03f8f]
[quote="TeamCSI";p="125910":03f8f]
[quote="black88gt";p="125906":03f8f]

[/quote:03f8f]

[/quote:03f8f]

I will race ya, stock grand prix with cone filter and heavy system in the trunk lol[/quote:03f8f]

Not worth it, already know what the outcome is gonna be especially with the way my car's running right now.