PDA

View Full Version : POS Chair Force!!

DragonUSMC
04-25-2007, 07:08 AM
No offence to our Air Force members here on CRU… but this is complete BS from your upper generals… Look I know they asked the Air Force to help out the over worked ground forces of Marines and Soldiers, but now they cry cause they are doing the easy and safe jobs? They want to get Marines off of guard duty, and out of the offices because ALL Marines go through combat school… EVERY Marine knows how to fight, not just the infantry. So get us away from desks and guarding prisoners…. Here is the article from the LA Times..

Los Angeles Times
April 25, 2007
Airmen Placed In Jobs They're Not Trained For, General Says
By Associated Press
WASHINGTON — The Air Force's top general expressed frustration on Tuesday with the reassignment of troops under his command to ground jobs for which they were not trained, including guarding prisoners, driving trucks and typing.
Gen. T. Michael "Buzz" Moseley, the Air Force chief of staff, said that more than 20,000 airmen had been assigned to roles outside their specialties.
In a breakfast session with reporters, Moseley said he was trying to be realistic. "We live in a military that's at war. And we live in a situation where, if we can contribute, then sign me up for it," he said.
Still, the Air Force general added, "I'm less supportive of things outside our competency."
He cited airmen being used to guard prisoners and to serve as drivers, and one instance in which an Air Force surgeon was assigned typing chores after three days at her new post. "We got her back," Moseley said.
Others are being assigned to help the Army provide security in Iraq and Afghanistan.
He said the swap-outs came at a time when the Air Force's budget was burdened, when there was little money for new aircraft and when maintaining an aging fleet of older planes was getting increasingly expensive.

Ricky
04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
to lazy to read right now but im sure its about how the air force are pussys

ZEE
04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I guess I wouldn't like it either. If I was taken from my mos to do menial tasks like typing, driving, etc. I would have been pissed too. So I guess I can't blame them for being upset.

ZacFields
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
i can't blame them for being upset, but war is serious stuff. I don't think many Air Force guys can be as sufficient as say, a marine or navy ground troops when it comes to fighting on the ground.

Basically...they're trying to win a war over there and it sounds to me like they're trying to get the right people in the right places to make that happen.

Kinda sucks to have to do typing jobs and such... but you can't just send a civilian over there to do it.

Zac

DragonUSMC
04-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I guess I wouldn't like it either. If I was taken from my mos to do menial tasks like typing, driving, etc. I would have been pissed too. So I guess I can't blame them for being upset.

Marines... most people i know are on their 4th or 5th tour.

Soldiers... I dont know many but they are on their 3rd

Chair force... only 16% of them have been deployed over 2 months.

yeah i really dont give a damn if they dont like to type. Tell them to pick up some rifles, grab their packs and go fuking stack some God damn bodies then. Figured we'd let the people who are good at killing MFer's on the ground stick with what their good at and let the fly boys not get themselves killed.

DustinsDuster
04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
what about the Navy? how much are they helping out?

DragonUSMC
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
the navy has one battle group in the seas at all times. The Navy SeaBees and Corpsmen (medics) are embedded with the Marines. The SeaBees have built EVERY base out in Iraq to this date. They are also constantly repairing more Iraq infrastructure then the hired contractors along with taking care of building and repairing our bases. They also pull convoy security with Soldiers and Marines. Corpsmen always go with Marines, usually 4 are assigned to a company.

they've pulled their fair share and shed their blood.

ZEE
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Doesn't mean they have to like it does it. Can you blame them for bitchin? No. The first time we were over there it was an air war. They did all the work. I know it wasn't face to face fighting but they put there lives on the line just the same. What if you were doing paper work and typing for them during that time. Would you be all smiles? I highly doubt it. They are part of our armed forces and deserve our respect just like any other of the US forces. And yes, every Marine is trained to fight. They are BASIC Infantrymen out of boot camp. After boot camp they go to their advanced training in their field of expertise. Whether it be Infantry or other. So not all of them are expert fighters. All you have to do is look at most of the Marine admin personnel and you'd know what I mean. It's that way in every branch of the armed forces.

Marines are a branch of the Navy so I'd say the navy is doing quite well there. :)

biohazard
04-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I would be pissed if they moved me to some unrelated job. Taking a surgeon and sticking them on typing duty, come on. You're wasting both talent and government money.
Airmen aren't built for battle like infantry is. The only ones I can see being ready for any sort of battle is our Special Operations and Security Forces. Airmen are there to support the aircraft in the air, not to be ground pounders.

So would you rather see a pilot driving a Humvee into a battle zone or him giving you close air support? Would you rather see a comm officer with a M16 with a C-130 overhead or him helping the C-130 communicate with their commanders to make the kill chain time as small as possible? I'm tired of bitchey marines complaining we don't do our part. So are you telling me that the combat comtrollers aren't worth anything? With attitudes like that, how are joint operations going to go smoothly? So would you rather airmen be ground pounders with the enemy in the air or would you rather we had air superiority?

Airmen are in the Air Force for a reason and have specific jobs. Once you take them out of their jobs, they aren't operating as well as they would in their normal job. Leave our airmen be for the most effective fighting force.

DragonUSMC
04-27-2007, 06:27 AM
1. the Marines are a department of the Navy.... the MEN'S Department.

2. they are PULLING their airmen out of these jobs, and back to the states to sit on their asses after a total of a couple weeks of "deployment" then these little fukasses come to me saying they are "Veterans". yeah Fuck that, thank God you at least have to serve 180 days before you get that status.

3. A Marine out of Basic is a basicly trained infantry, after boot they go to 6 weeks of MCT combat school or if they are true infantry another 13 weeks of specific infantry training... Thats 4 weeks more then a Regular Army.

Remember I was there pounding the ground. I've fought next to ANG, AR, and RA... the rangers are the only ones which acutally gave me warm fuzzies fighting next to. They didnt hold their weapons backwards and shout "bang bang!" at the enemy, they helped stack some MF'in bodies. I'm saying the Chair Force can step up, and help. Bitch about the job, thats fine, Marines and Army bitch all the time... but thats because we are out there bleeding. I wasnt trained to be a Cop... I was trained to take down machine gun nests with an MRE spoon, kill everyone, and die doing it. We are doing jobs we are not trained for too... But a little fuking help for the Army and Marines would be nice.

DustinsDuster
04-28-2007, 02:18 PM
i am officially withdrawling myself from this argument. you kids have fun...

warchild145
04-28-2007, 02:35 PM
The armed forces are spread thin and we need more troops on the ground and in combat areas. Now the air force can either jump into a combat role and help out or fill in doing the meaningless stuff while the people trained, even thought it was only in basic, pound some ground.

I do know the air force puts in their time doing what they do to maintain the safe air space but this fight isnt in the air anymore, its on the ground.

Also if air force personnel could put in more then a 6 month deployment in one stretch I might have a different opinion.

Their is a reason why marines and soldiers areon their 3-6th deployment and the air force is pushing their 2nd making their timeup to 12 months where the troops on the ground have a minimum of 15 months in the sand.

Also I have friends in every branch of the service butmost are Army as I was prior Army so I am probably alittle bias.

ZEE
04-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Never mind. You people just don't get it. Have a nice day. Out

warchild145
04-28-2007, 06:36 PM
I get it but you also have to keep in mind when this started and it was in the air, that every branch was also involved. Every branch has air units. They seen just as much air time as the air force.

All branches have the same thing except Navy has ships and the air force lack ground troops except special forces. The air force isnt exactly being of much use right now like they were so why not put them to some use and get some more troops on the ground?

DragonUSMC
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
yeah i probably shouldnt have started this thread but what ever...

I'll just say that when the "Terrorist" Air Force starts strafing and bombing our guys on the ground. Then they can go play and do their jobs.

The Airforce always gets shit from the other branches about not doing anything... this is a PRIME example why. I dont care if they throw a rifle in their hands and send em out on patrol, or drive a truck, at least do somthing.

Juggernaut
04-29-2007, 10:17 AM
About 90% of the people in the army I know have been a bunch of times. Now they just ext everyone to 15 months tours instead of the normal 12 months. I heard about the airforce having to pull guard and stuff, my ex is a LT in the airforce and she was asked to go and do that mission. Alls I ever hear is the airforce bitching about stuff.

biohazard
05-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Sorry for the Air Force being the first line in Homeland Defence.

warchild145
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Actually the coast guard is last i checked

TurboZ28
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Look at the big pic! no one branch can make it with out the others.
The funny thing is the army is looking in to changing how they run the army. thay are trying to run it more like the AF.
the new expeditionary airmen will have to become more of a soilder. The AF it trying to make BMT 14 weeks long to get more training. so the it will help all ot the branches.

TurboZ28
05-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Chair force... only 16% of them have been deployed over 2 months.

that is because of how the AF is set up and how they fight. we can fly missions from any whare in the world and fly backl. No need to send alot of us.

The AF enlisted send the officers off to fight. LOL

biohazard
05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I can't wait for field training to start and be over with so I am one step closer to being an officer in the AF.