PDA

View Full Version : Faster Pageloads and UPGRADED CR:U

ZacFields
04-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

I was only going to discuss this with the moderators but I think everyone needs to know about this. On April 20th I had our hosting upgraded again because our site's traffic has caused pageloads to be unnacceptable.

Now, when it's non-peak time most pages will load in under 1 second. This is an almost unheard of speed for CR:Underground. You should almost never notice a speed problem from here on out even during peak times.

Hosting now costs $79.95 per month. That's just the price you pay when your site is massing over 1.5 million hits per month. My choices were to upgrade, or let the slow page loads get to me and get rid of CR:U forever (which I almost did recently).

The moderators and I will be looking into way to monetize the site. I am about to add a paypal donate button for those of you who wish to help out in the form of donations, and I will also be working on getting the google adsense ads back up and running.

Now would also be a good time to mention to you guys that the moderators and I are also planning to upgrade CR:u in the near future. Adding features and making things more convenient for you! So look for that coming soon!

Zac

ZacFields
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Also, to add to my announcement:

If anyone has any ideas about things they want to see on our new upgraded version of CR:U (which the mods and I are calling "Project CR:U 2.0") please let me know by responding here.

A couple ideas the mods and I have come up with are:

-A page with links to all the local car clubs' websites
-Loading up the site's calendars with ALL car shows that we hear about within a 3 hour drive from here.
-Loading up our calendar with concerts, etc in the area..
-Having interesting car articles displayed on our home page (possibly merging CR:U with my personal car articles website, brokencar.net)

And more. If you guys have any ideas (realistic or not, I'll at least hear them) now would be an excellent time to voice it because I am working on CR:U 2.0 starting tonight while I'm at work (on a local copy of CR:U I have running on my laptop)

Zac