PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Falls Raceway Opens Tomorrow (21st)

NitrousJunkie
04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
So the track is opening tomorrow so I thought I'd check to see if anyone is bringing there junk out or just to watch.

It's $8 to watch, and I believe $16 to race.

There also having a swap meet so if you got anything you wanna get rid of, definantly bring it.

Also if you didn't know, they switched from IHRA to NHRA which I think was a very smart move.

It's also under new management, new guy seems to know how to run a track right, but we'll see.

They open at 11AM - I'll be working there again this year of course.

-Chris

warchild145
04-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I'll be heading to a track tomorrow not sure which yet, not sure I know how to get to Cedar Falls raceway.

What do you do there exactly?

NitrousJunkie
04-20-2007, 10:25 PM
It varies, I've done pretty much everything out there.

As low down the latter it may be, the burnout box is one of my fav's.

I can't find the track's address on there new site but I'm pretty sure mapquest.com has it listed, I'd give that a try.

NickTsGTP
04-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh maybe we'll actually have some water in the water box this year. Last year when I went up there to heat up my DR's they didn't spray any water in there for me. And when I motioned for the guy holding the hose to spray more water, he ignored me. If it weren't for 500 people waiting in the staging lanes I would've hopped out and sprayed the water myself.

And the prep last year was severely disappointing. Traction sucked. So hopefully with this new management they can turn my opinion around. If it weren't for that, I probably would never go back there.