PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tuners?

BlownPony306
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Are there any in town? I am trying to decide what handheld flasher(SCT or Diablo) to get but I want to find who tunes with what to make my decision.

Jappbox
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
SCT seems to be very popular. What kind of car is this going into...

JustinS
04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Personally I would go the SCT Xcal2 w/ the PRP route. But it's up to you. I don't think Jesse (red04evo) tunes SCT products and I don't know anyone any one else in town either.

If you find someone let me know because I am looking at getting a tune in the near future.

Jappbox
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I just checked out the software and im sure i could tune it. I have a wideband also to use for accurate A/F If more people are intrested they allso have a pro version i might see if i could get it. It allows for chips to be made as well.

Jappbox
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Life would be alot easyer if there was a chassis dyno close. Maybe some day....:)

BlownPony306
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
It's for an 07 Mustang GT. I want to get exhaust and a few other things for it but I want to be able to get the tune right.

Jappbox
04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
o that wouldnt be a problem if you plan on doing more mods looks like you will want a SCT flash device looks like stock makes a extra 17rwhp and 30ft/lbs on a stock GT so if you do a few mods then a tune you will pick up alot more.

JustinS
04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I just checked out the software and im sure i could tune it. I have a wideband also to use for accurate A/F If more people are intrested they allso have a pro version i might see if i could get it. It allows for chips to be made as well.
One tricky thing about the SCT software is that you need to purchase codes from SCT that correspond to the vehicle ECU code. I know a Cougar/Contour tuner ran into an issue where they would not sell him any more codes unless he became an authorized SCT dealer, which wasn't a problem for him since he also makes turbo kits for our platform and has a business setup anyway.

Wasn't sure if it's like this for every tuning software or not, but just thought I would give you a heads up Jesse.

BlownPony306
04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I like the SCT stuff too. And that is probably the route I'd go. I just wasn't sure if there were any tuners near by that used it vs the Diablo stuff. I just don't want to get in to the canned tunes. I'd rather have it tuned to my specific car.

Jappbox
04-18-2007, 09:14 PM
thats what the wideband is for, the falsher allows you to change fuel and spark along with rev limits exc.. every car is diffrent. for example i tryed a map close to mods on a car i was doing, and it was soposed to be 11.2 A/F but was more like 10.0-10.1A/F every car is diffrent and every part changes the tune.

DustinsDuster
04-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Life would be alot easyer if there was a chassis dyno close. Maybe some day....:)

apparently Trent was supposed to have his AWD dyno up and running somewhat soon, within the next year or so Performance Concepts should have one in CR, and i thought Mike Salkowski was talking about getting one at his shop in Manchester. if those actually came to fruition, that would be three chassis dynos all within an hour and a half from us....

JustinS
04-19-2007, 09:42 PM
It would be awesome to have that many options in this area!

drfast4ward
04-20-2007, 08:12 AM
our AWD chassis dyno will be shipped next week 1500+ hp inground Dyno so should be up and running within next three weeks.