PDA

View Full Version : help installing an in-dash dvd system

Ashley
04-17-2007, 01:52 PM
hey guys,

my friend needs some help. she bought an in-dash dvd system/flip up screen thing for her mercury mountaineer. she took it to best buy to get it installed, and they said if they installed it, they would have to set it so that the dvd player couldn't play while the car was turned on. long story short, she's looking for someone to install her dvd system and be able to bypass that thing so that she can play it while the car is turned on. she's willing to pay you for labor & all the wires, etc that you might need.

if you can do it or if you need more information, PM me or reply back here. thanks. :)

Stg4raddo
04-17-2007, 01:56 PM
i can probably help ya out with this one. See how i no longer install at best buy or automotive electronics. let me know what kinda unit it is and i can tell you if any thing special needs to be able to by pass it. the new alpines and stuff have some stupid things you have to do with a switch but most of the other ones are still straight forward when it comes to bypassing them

Ashley
04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
that was quick! :)

thanks a lot, i'll get ahold of her and find out what kind of dvd thing it is.

ZacFields
04-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks a heap tyler.

Ashley came home asking me about this the other day and I was like "uhhhhh I dont know. I just have friends that know." lol

Zac

Drifte
04-17-2007, 02:36 PM
yeah, bypass that silly thing. watching movies while driving ftw.