PDA

View Full Version : THE defanition of RICE

TbTalon94
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/j ... 30998.html (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/japanese-tuning-ar30998.html)

DustinsDuster
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
seriously that HAS to be some kind of a joke. there is no way there are that many dumbass people congregating; especially in one of the smartest countries in the world....

sLoWnStEaDy
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
i was just prayig for someone to blow their engine!

Honestly, I am kinda angry i mean look at the shit they can get away with over there. I should throw some 8 foot exhaust pipes straight up in the air off of my FC3S and see how long i can go without gettting a ticket. I think i found a good spot for the military to do some bomb testing...

Drifte
04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
its one of their weird cultures over their. theirs more than just that goin on. db exhaust contests, audio db vans, not just a bass db contest...just loud random noise, whatevers loudest.

Rollin on Dubs
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
It reminds me of when Trent first opened "THE FAST AND FURIOUS" Speed shop! and all of the ricers would all meet up and go racing! ALL 400 of um there was alot of unnessary revving going on during that whole operation.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-16-2007, 08:06 PM
HAHA... I remember all that. Shows how smart people are. Getting ready to participate in illegal activities, so lets be really smart and rev the shit out of the engines and squeel the tires as much as possible and yank the E-brake in our FWD cars since we cat hit the gas and fishtale.

Not trents fault thow, he was just "providing a service". He had no control over the 16 year olds driving their mothers honda accord. Plus i actually did see a few decent races in the later days of HMI.

DragonUSMC
04-17-2007, 06:28 AM
yeah thats like the anime car culture there... its a different world. But yeah for one of the most populated places on earth they sure dont harass the hell out of them for loud exhausts etc...

TbTalon94
04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
I saw pictures of these cars from one of their "conventions" a long time ago and just thought it was a complete joke. Apparently this is a big thing there. I don't know what it's called. I guess the contest to have the tallest exhaust pipes, most gaudy body panels and bumpers.

Did you guys happen to catch the one with the freaking 4ft step out on the front bumper...and he had an oil cooler of some sort just sitting on that on the outside of the bay! Helarious to say the least.

ZacFields
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
You guys would be amazed at how different japan is from america.

First of all, japan is a lot like china in that it's overcrowded. When you're cruising through tokyo about 10 feet/minute (due to traffic) your 800hp engines aren't going to do anything for you.

I figure that would be a big reason a culture like that would exist in japan. It's good to stand out when you're in an area where the person to car ratio is like 1,000 to 1 like in tokyo.

Zac

DustinsDuster
04-18-2007, 10:20 PM
maybe those guys wear helmets because people throw stuff at them...

Stro
04-19-2007, 06:58 AM
I like how in quick shot, you see a couple of those cars drive in front of 3 Skylines completely cherry. Hilarious.

Luminatorz34
04-19-2007, 08:26 AM
ok am i the only one that immediatly thinks of the old movie "mad max" haha they had all those gaudy cars too as cops cars on toip of that haha

JJ240
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Do a bit of research. The style is called bosozoku, and its a car sub culture. Most of the guys rocking cars like that are low life broke gangsters. People are afraid of them, (these are the same guys that run tandem on bikes and the back guy busts shit up with a pipe or a bat) and japanese cops aren't out to write tickets and "enforce the law" there. They would much rather let these guys screw around and keep it peaceful rather than set off fights, and disturb the peace. And for everyone who talks about this being ridiculous and rice and shit...HAVE YOU SEEN THE FUCKING OLD SHITBOX CARS ON 22"+ WHEELS HERE? Seriously at least these guys do some fucking bodywork to fit 13" wide wheels under a superlow car and not just jack the fucking car up off the frame to bolt some giant ass chrome pizza cutters onto a stock car and chop off the exhaust. Yeah its ridiculous, but don't worry we have plenty of ridiculous car bullshit here in the states too.

RandomHero
04-21-2007, 12:38 PM
im speechless. i had to actually turn the sound off cause it was giving me a headache. that guy in the long coat dancing.... i want what ever he is on.