PDA

View Full Version : Battery Drain Need Help

Stealth
04-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I went to take my eclipse out cuz it was nice and the battery was dead so i jump it drive to a friends house and come home everything is fine and its sits over night and the battery is dead agian. I got out the power tester and found that the alternator is the only thing pulling power when the car is off its the 2 wires with the rubber cover connected to the alternator. Any ideas why or how to fix it.

JustinS
04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a completely dead battery. Take it somewhere like Sears (or any other place) and get it tested. It takes five minutes and it's free.

96-eclipse-gst
04-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Doubt you have a drain. It most likely just needs a good charge, when you jump a battery your just giving it power right there. After you take that jump pack off the battery still has no cold cranking amps your running off the alternator. Bring your battery to me at Sears, Ill get it charged completely up and you should be ok. I work tomorrow 8-5. By the way, its been awhile since I've seen ya, we need to bullshit sometime.

DustinsDuster
04-15-2007, 11:05 PM
you could also try just letting it run for 20-30 minutes after you start it and try to get a decent charge into the battery. might work, it might not. but it'd be the first thing i would try

Drifte
04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
to add to the sears ad: take just the battery in to them. they will run a charge/test on it to tell you if its bad. if its ok, just need a charge, put it back on the car and drive it into sears. then they can run an electrical test on it for you. Or you can test it yourself, the equipment their makes it easy is all. the battery test/charge is free.

Stealth
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
i got the battery tested and it was a bad battery, i figured the battery was good cuz ive had it for less than a year but it was under warranty so autozone jus gave me a new one and it works perfect now

Ashley
04-18-2007, 10:31 AM
zac's battery from autozone did that too after a few months.. woohoo for warranties :)

JustinS
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Heck yeah, my DieHard Gold has a three year warranty and I just had it replaced after 2 years of use because it had a bad cell. So yeah, woot for warranties!

Drifte
04-18-2007, 11:29 AM
my weatherhandler exploded and their was no record of me purchasing it! wtf is up with that? i almost died and didnt even get a new battery!!

JustinS
04-19-2007, 09:44 PM
The Sears gods hate you Colton.