PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it feel good to pay stuff off?

ZacFields
04-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't know why I feel the need to share it with you guys but it feels so great when you finally finish paying off all your major credit.

I had about $900 left at Best buy and $1,900 left at Slumberland from all the furniture I bought when we moved in here. I paid the $900 last week and the $1,900 this week,

Before I was making $200/month payments to best buy and $350/month payments to slumberland. So should save me about $550/month worth of payments. whew.

Again... not sure why I feel like broadcasting this but it's a huge load off my shoulders. Now I've just got one more piece of credit to pay for (my prosper.com loan) but that's got 3 year on it. Now with all this saving I'm doing by not having to pay best buy and slumberland I'll probably double or triple my prosper.com payments.

Anyone else paid off any major credit recently?

Zac

JustinS
04-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I paid off my car with my tax return! It definitely feels good to be out of debt!

Inferno333
04-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Congrats Zac. I cannot wait till that day comes.

I tried to get a loan on prosper.com, but no one wanted to help me...:(

ZacFields
04-08-2007, 12:33 AM
bad credit or what? usually for the right interest rate you can usually get a loan. Let me know if you try it again and I"ll give you a friend endorsement or something to help you along.

Yeah if your credit isn't great you have to boost up that interest rate a good bit.

Zac

DustinsDuster
04-08-2007, 09:24 AM
i dont have a lot of debt, but it is always nice to have something paid off and to know you dont have to worry about it month to month.

congrats Zac!

Stg4raddo
04-08-2007, 11:08 AM
ill be paying my mac tools card off next week thanks to the sale of the corrado.

NewSpeedSteed
04-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Paying stuff off feels like Christmas or something... like even if its something dumb like paying off a credit card or something bigger like the last car payment its a great feeling. The problem I have is that I get one thing paied off then I buy something else. Oh well thats life.

ZacFields
04-08-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah I have a strict list of things that I need to buy. Some stuff I pay for with my credit card (that I keep paid off on a monthly basis) and other stuff I try to finance normally with best buy because they have good prices and great financing offers.

I've promised myself there will be no more financing until I buy my refrigerator and that probably won't be until the end of summer or later. I've just bought so much shit in the last year that I'm literally running out of things to buy except maybe a new car.

Zac

NewSpeedSteed
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
yeah I have a strict list of things that I need to buy. Some stuff I pay for with my credit card (that I keep paid off on a monthly basis) and other stuff I try to finance normally with best buy because they have good prices and great financing offers.

I've promised myself there will be no more financing until I buy my refrigerator and that probably won't be until the end of summer or later. I've just bought so much shit in the last year that I'm literally running out of things to buy except maybe a new car.

ZacHey Zac if you need help finding/buying a refrigerator give me a pm or something. Since I use to work there and my family still does I could get you a discount on a fridge if your if you want.

JJ240
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm literally running out of things to buy except maybe a new car.

Zac

sounds like you aren't quite finished buying yet then!

Drifte
04-10-2007, 04:10 PM
shit call me ill give you some ideas. how bout macs top of the line computer, with 30" monitor, and 7.1 surround to go with it. and then all of adobes software to run on it.
im up to 20k for ya to look into :)

JustinS
04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
:drool: 30" Apple Cinema monitor!