PDA

View Full Version : ISO: someone to do minor body work. (fix dents/surface rust)

rysbrnr
04-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I need someone to repair some dents and minor rust spots on my new project car. The problem areas need to be repaired to a "ready to paint condition" There's about 4 minor dents on it that need fixed. The dents are no more than a 1/2 " deep. The rust is just on the surface and they are around the left rear quarter. The car also needs to be prepped for paint. All exterior panels, door jambs, trunk jambs need to be scuffed and ready for primer. I'll have pics up soon. For someone who has the extra time to do it, this would probably take just a couple days at most for someone who has experience.

I will give you a 100% complete but not running (a piston as a crack in it), 91 Eagle Talon ES (4g63) A/T to fix the dents/rust and scuff this project car. Lemme know if anyone can do this ASAP.

The project car is an old Lexus sedan. It's basically a restoration project (exterior/interior work) then mods later.

DustinsDuster
04-07-2007, 08:26 AM
my friend steve is a bodywork wiz, i'll see if he has time to do this. hes been working on his house a lot lately.

i'll let you know Sully.

rysbrnr
04-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks for checking into this for me Dustin.

rysbrnr
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Any word from your friend yet Dustin? The car is ready anytime someone accepts the job. I'd like to get started ASAP before I lose interest in the car and sell it for some thing else with a better body. I'm quirky like that!

lil krumm
04-10-2007, 07:55 PM
you going to furnish the supplies? like bondo, dynaglass, sand paper, scotch brite pads?

i know how to do all of that, and im good at it, but im still learning paint, which it sounds like you dont need anyways.

rysbrnr
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I can furnish that stuff lilkrumm... you have any samples of your work? like "before/after" pics

Here's the car to trade for the work
http://www.geocities.com/xayasouk/redTalon.JPG
and here's the car that needs the 5 trouble spots fixed:
http://www.geocities.com/xayasouk/dents.JPG

lil krumm
04-11-2007, 06:55 AM
#2 might be alittle more difficult.

no i dont really, except for like my truck. also did all the body work on my old civic. i took a kirkwood class that taught me alot but i dont have anything really to show you from that class.

Scott
04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
better find a donor car for #2 "my opinion anyway" That Steve guy Dustins recomends is pretty good, I think he likes junk cars to make money on too if I remember correctly

lil krumm
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
yea i dont really want to fuck with #2, try to get ahold of dustins guy.

rysbrnr
04-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey at least you have some type of formal training on the matter which is more than anything I've ever done. I just need the car to look good after it's painted. Lemme know if you're interested and we can start anytime. Maybe you can show what kinds of stuff you've done to your truck. I really don't think those dents on the car would be anything too challenging for anyone who's had even just a little experience with body work.

lil krumm
04-11-2007, 03:22 PM
dents would be easy, but that rust will be a bitch. i dont have the right tools to really work with cutting and re-welding. plus it looks like its workin its way clear around the fender, so that whole area will prolly need work.

sorry but i really dont want to fuck with that rust. plus my parents would kick my ass if i brought home another car, running or not. lol

DustinsDuster
04-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Sully, i dont think my friend is going to be able to help you. he is under a deadline to get his house done, and he doesnt really have space or need for another car at the moment. i'll let you know if he changes his mind though.

sorry man.

RandomHero
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Dustin what is the guys name who you know?

DustinsDuster
04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
doubt you know him. his name is Steve, he works at Marion good year. he used to be on here very sparingly (goin slow), but hasnt been on in a long time.

RandomHero
04-14-2007, 07:49 PM
oh ok see i thought it was another guy i knew who used to live in marion and used to run a body shop in marion but moved to cr and has been working on his house alot. weird