PDA

View Full Version : Weld Draglites on a 97 Cobra

97cobra
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey whats up all, have a question for anyone who might know for sure. I am putting a set of Weld DragLites on my 97 Cobra, front 15 x 3.5 and rears 15 x 10. I am wanting to go to about a 28 inch tall tire, will the 325/50 15 fit on the Cobra without any modifications?

Also does anyone in the area do good chassis work? I want to have my cage installed as well as some subframe connectors...I have talked to Performance Concepts in Marion but I am not aware of anyone else that does it.

Thanks all

DustinsDuster
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
if no one here knows, im sure NITEMARE on dragsource.net would know, i believe his cobra is a 97 as well.

as far as cage and subframe connector install; i know Steve(owner of Performance), and i can attest he is a good knowledgable guy who does good work. if for some reason you didnt want to go with him, Zookeeper chassis in Marion specializes in chassis/rollcage work. theyre located behind the storage garages on the corner of Munier Rd. and 31st St. in Marion, right by Holub concrete.

97cobra
04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
DustinsDuster...thanks, I had Steve & company at Performance Concepts do my rear end gears I am happy with the job they did and they know their stuff. Thanks for the info.

69gt4speed
04-03-2007, 11:57 PM
The real trick on subframe connectors is to let the car rest on the tires as normal while the connectors are welded in. Other than that a good mig welder will do the trick with less burning.

The wheels ask svtperformance.com where you have a huge experience pool of ppl. Those calipers are tricky on cobras. Allgo has some wheels and big tires too. Never looked at his tires/wheels though. 16's is diamondracingwheels.com cheap and fairly light. Avenger series I believe, call them about 15's they are steel, which means a thinner wheel. Joe lynch w a 99 cobra worked with them w solid and irs.

97cobra
04-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the info Rob, the black 97 cobra is coming to get you this year...j/k probably won't even be close but it should be running pretty damn good here in about the next month...on the wheels, I know for the fronts that you have to have some kind of spacer, I am not sure about the rears I believe think that they will fit no prob.....but the tires are in question if I can stuff something that big under my wheel wells w/out any kind of modification.