PDA

View Full Version : Thinking on window tinting my car myself.

Ricky
03-27-2007, 11:00 AM
basicily i want to know if i need any special chemicals to out it on. i know i need some other tools but i need to know if you need anything that is hard to get your hands on. and what whould you recommend the %
i should go. i was thinking 20% all the way around but that would draw a lot of atention. so i think im going 35%. any pics would help too. thanks :bigthumb:

Stg4raddo
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
why not just pay the 70-100 bux and have a professional shop do it? and it would have a warranty in case some one scratches it. think the magical scratches on your trunk

DragonUSMC
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah i've played this game before and it sucks major donkey balls... just pay the $100 =)

DustinsDuster
03-27-2007, 04:01 PM
cant wait until my car is to a point where i could worry about window tint

RandomHero
03-27-2007, 04:28 PM
its not too hard to do. its really hard if you have no experience in what you are doing. me personally, i would go to a tint place and pay to have it done, that way it comes with a lifetime warrenty. but if you really want to self tint your windows, call me and ill help.

Ricky
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
well it would be way cheeper if i do it myself. it all else fails i might hve to go to place.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Tint is Easy as hell...
just take patience...

Go to utozone or something and get the Gila window tinting kit... comes with everythign you need (minus tint) and even has a DVD to show you how. I have done like 10 or so cars and havent has any problems except getting the stuff down the window far enough. If possible take the window out or pop the door panel off, it will make it easier. Otherwise you have to use the oposite side of the squegee to push the tint down and sometimes it like to just slide the whole piece of tint.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-27-2007, 05:23 PM
oh and FTR by the time you buy the "kit", the tint and then probably some more tint as it is your first time. You could have probably saved money by paying a business to do it plus you would have a LT warranty

Drifte
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
he and i both realize this, just thought it would be something worth knowing.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-27-2007, 06:33 PM
If your just looking for the "experience" than ya, go for it. If it is just something you will probably only do once i would suggest proffesional. It is a good thing to know how to do thou i guess, many people think it is a lot harder than it really is. If your like me and go through more cars than tennis shoes, its a good thing to know how to do.

Stutz
03-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Its not that hard, i have done it to a couple cars, just takes a lot of patiance. After awhile its not that bad lol.

Drifte
03-29-2007, 09:51 AM
i did my patio doors in mirror tint :)

lil krumm
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
i did my patio doors in mirror tint :)

and its comin off