PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous user in garage

JustinS
03-18-2007, 09:44 PM
How can an anonymous user leave comments on people's rides? They commented me and luminator so far.

Kind of odd how they leave comments but wont sign up for the site to post at all. . .

Ashley
03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
are they bad comments? sorry, i'm too lazy to look for myself. lol.

i might have zac find a way to make it so they have to register to leave comments.

JustinS
03-18-2007, 10:06 PM
No they are nice comments. I just find it kind of funny that a lurker of this site would comment without signing up and making an account here.

Luminatorz34
03-18-2007, 10:09 PM
well my anonomous user inquired to me about the snowmobile i had forsale. haha

fbodyguy
03-20-2007, 08:33 PM
I lurked for 3 years before I signed on

ZacFields
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Well unfortunately in CR:U's early stages there were a lot of people on here that made it very difficult for newcomers to get in here and post because everytime we would have a new member they would get ripped on and they'de get offended and go back into hiding.

There were even a small handful of people who stopped signing in and posting on CR:U when I took over after Sean left. When we used to have the java chatroom that you could get on without signing in, I used an anonymous screen name and got in there and chatted with a gentleman that said he was boycotting the site because he didn't like the way "ZacFields" ran it, so he was just lurking and not signing in. I believe he felt like I was putting too strong of a "hand" in what people do on the site. Once I revealed to him that he'd been chatting with none-other than the guy he was talking trash to me about, he left right away.

I doubt people are still not logging in because of me though. That was a long time ago... and I do almost nothing on this site anymore but foot the bills for everything and keep the code updated so that the site will stay running and stay secure.

If it tells you anything, though, we get over 50,000 hits on this site daily and maybe half of them are from registered users. I know there's a lot of people out there lurking :)

Zac

JustinS
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I remember when you first signed up to this site Zac, that was back in the day before I even signed up. I lurked too, lol.

I've had multiple accounts over the years too, lol.

BTW, why did Sean leave? I forget.

DustinsDuster
03-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Sean created this site as a street racing site. then cops started lurking on here and what not, and he sold the site to Zac who took it an entirely different direction.

JustinS
03-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Yea I know Dustin. I remember those "street Racing is not a crime" bumper stickers. LOL

That was back in the day when Carlson was a somewhat good friend to me, haven't heard from him in over a year though.

lil krumm
03-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Yea I know Dustin. I remember those "street Racing is not a crime" bumper stickers. LOL

That was back in the day when Carlson was a somewhat good friend to me, haven't heard from him in over a year though.

that kid always hated me i think lol. i wonder why? haha