PDA

View Full Version : A couple cars at cassill motors Ashley wont let me buy :-(

ZacFields
03-17-2007, 01:53 PM
haha... I was just considering starting to look for a new vehicle (and not buying one for a good 6 months from now probably) and there were a few cars at cassill motors that really tripped my trigger, but Ash is right unfortunately that they probably aren't good cars for me right now.

I chose these two cars to show you because they're both under 15k so they can be had (if you can get 5 year loan) for under $300/month
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

79 chevy corvette. Beautiful car and looks like its been well taken care of. Only 41,xxx miles and not too long from now and this car will start to appreciate in value from where it is now.

http://www.cassillmotors.com/inventory/index.cfm?fuseaction=inventory.view&inventoryID=166349&status=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93 Mustang 5.0 v8 Another well taken care of vehicle that I'd love to own. If anyone is looking for a good semi-old v8 mustang this is the one i'd buy. Only 45,xxx on this beast.

http://www.cassillmotors.com/inventory/index.cfm?fuseaction=inventory.view&inventoryID=206410&status=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are definitely worth checking out. Cassill motors is one of the more respectable used car dealers in the area.

Also that ford focus Saleen #37 is still out there for a shade above 15k. Its nitrous ready if you're into that kinda thing. I'd call it a focus-fan's gold mine and I know we've got a few focus guys out here.

http://www.cassillmotors.com/inventory/index.cfm?fuseaction=inventory.view&inventoryID=152489&status=1

Zac

ZacFields
03-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, also if you're looking for a clean 2nd gen eclipse (and you dont mind an automatic)

http://www.cassillmotors.com/inventory/index.cfm?fuseaction=inventory.view&inventoryID=168701&status=1

Zac

DustinsDuster
03-17-2007, 02:16 PM
i would steer clear of the late 70's 'vettes; they are probably about the least valuable of the vette's. aftermarket is pretty expensive for those cars too.

that 93 Mustang GT is pretty nice and clean looking, but $6500 seems pretty damn steep to me. hell, Scott got his 90 Notch fully caged with ladder bar rear and rack and pinion steering with coil overs as a roller for $2500. i understand that thats a clean untouched car, but ive seen solid unmolested foxbodies go for under $3000 on ebay..

i dont know, none of those seem like that good of a deal, maybe you could talk them down, i dont know. i know they look like good cars, but im sure you could find much better deals around.

ZEE
03-17-2007, 03:42 PM
That overpriced focus has been there a long time.

Deimos
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Focus=Junk stay away from that one.

96-eclipse-gst
03-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Almost $10k for that GST Spyder is way too much. Unless you can talk them down alot, there is a 1995 Eagle Talon AWD 5 spd $3800 in the gazette.

black88gt
03-17-2007, 07:55 PM
ya that fox is a little pricey, but its at a dealership and dealership prices tend to be higher than third party. thats low miles, clean, and mostly stock, and those are hard to find these days. talk them down like 3k or so and it would be good

ZacFields
03-17-2007, 11:35 PM
well I can't buy none of these anyways. Ashley wants something more "realistic." I don't think she understands I've been driving the same car since I was 16, and it's the only car I've ever owned!

But in reality they probably aren't good choices for me in the first place. The only thing is that the cars that are good for me are more expensive than any of those cars.

If I don't buy a muscle car I'm gunna buy a hybrid. At least if I buy a brand new hybrid I can get a tax credit :)

Zac

snickerlicker
03-18-2007, 06:45 AM
3k for a low mile foxbody?? Ya right! Nice ones are hard to come by, my 89 LX 5.0 has 26,000 miles on it. If someone tried to offer me 3K for it, I would tell them to hit the road. Asking $6500 isn't out of line at all for that GT at Cassill. Sorry but thats the facts. Do a little research on Foxbody's you will see. 3k will buy you a mint 4cylinder one though...

ZacFields
03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
^ Yeah I thought that was a fair price for that mustang. Just because from what I can tell, it has hardly been driven.

You take 45k miles and divide that by how old the car is (14 years) and that's only about 3,200 miles per year. That says to me it has only been driven in the summer time, which would explain the fact that it has basically no rust or blemishes on it at all that I can see from the pictures.

Zac

Luminatorz34
03-18-2007, 10:35 AM
LOL its the ford fuckus

ZacFields
03-18-2007, 12:01 PM
The reason I like the corvette so much really boils down to my interest in good investments. A car built in 1979 should be beginning to appreciate in value. In 2 years, that car will be 30 years old.

So I would imagine, all things being equal (meaning the car is NEVER driven and NEVER see's sunlight) it should be worth a little more next year than it is worth this year.

Obviously I would never buy a car just to sit in my garage and never be driven. I could see myself putting about 5,000 miles on it per year only in the summer time, so the idea would be that if I wanted to sell it later, it could be sold for close to what I paid for it.

Anyone disagree with this theory? I can't be far off... I just can't imagine a classic car like that ever selling for much less than 10 grand as long as it's in good condition like that.

Im not buying the car... but I sure wish I could.

Zac

DustinsDuster
03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
i guess i just have a hard time thinking of a car as an investment. im not one of the people who could buy an extremely valubale car and just sit on it to try and make more money. i like to drive my car far too much to limit how many miles i could put on it or anything...

ZacFields
03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
yeah, that's not completely what I meant to say. I think I'd be putting more miles on it than the previous owner did. I'd put my car in the garage for the summer and drive the vette all the time.

I'm not buying it though.... just wishful thinking. The biggest reason I wanted it was because I thought my dad's old 69 camaro SS had a 350 in it like this car so I thought it might trick his trigger to have another 350 to work on but he told me today he started off with a.... 383.... I think and ended up putting a 4-something in it before he sold it.

Zac

sLoWnStEaDy
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Fox Body...FTW :)

that focus is UGLY!

Juggernaut
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
haha did u read the focus "factory nitrous oxide system" i kinda like that fox but to bad it wasnt black.

JJ240
03-21-2007, 08:13 PM
That vette is overpriced too.

ZacFields
03-21-2007, 11:51 PM
haha did u read the focus "factory nitrous oxide system" i kinda like that fox but to bad it wasnt black.

I did some research on that focus a while back. the nitrous oxide system is factory, but that car was by ford and then turned over to saleen who did some things with it as you can see.

About the corvette being overpriced: I don't know what blue book is on that car, but I couldn't imagine it being very much overpriced. That's some very low miles for anything made in 1979.

Zac

JJ240
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Its not terribly overpriced, but if you were willing to wait you could find it well under 10. My dad picked up a 79 in good shape for 6500, and a 74 L82 for 7000. The 74 had the common bumper cracks from the shitty old plastics, but was in pretty good condition other than that.

ZacFields
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah I figured you could probably find one for cheaper.

Unfortunately its just not the right time in my life right now to be buying a car like that. I just get so concerned that by the time I'm ready to buy one, they'll be a lot more expensive than they are now.

I think that vette is gone, though. I think somebody picked it up either today or yesterday.

Zac

boxmakingman
03-23-2007, 01:17 PM
the tax credit is going away oct 1 for toyota

ZacFields
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
^ It's almost nothing right now as it is. Something like $500.

The original tax credit that they created would lower by the amount of hybrids sold by each company and eventually get phased out. However I would expect sometime in the next 5 years they will either reinstate the tax credit or put some other wheels in motion to make these hybrid cars a little cheaper.

I'd love to own a hybrid though. 50mpg.... nice! Who cares if they're slow?

Zac

JJ240
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey if its too slow you could always do some performance mods....like.....bigger batteries? >:(