PDA

View Full Version : Chelf Benefit Race

Guch
02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I have been talking back and forth with the track on getting a date locked in for a race. Currently there are two options available one option being June 24th while the track is having a regular test and tune. The other date is May 26th, that evening is a night race starting at 9:00 p.m. but have talked with the track and they are willing to have a day race also if we can get a decent turn-out. To try to get a better attendance we may add a trophy dash.
What I need to find out is people that will plan on attending. To cover the track expenses the track needs to have enough of a turn out. So if your interested please post below and include if you'd rather race the Street Car class or Trophy dash.

Street Car Heads up Rules :

Any make, model and year full body production vehicles. Dragsters and roadsters prohibited.

Body:
Full body stock type chassis, "back-half" vehicles permitted. OEM safety glass windows required and must be functional. Lexan prohibited. Tube chassis prohibited.

Powertrain:
All 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder, small and big block engines permitted. Any transmission and rearend permitted. Exhaust system with mufflers required.

Street credentials:
Vehicles must have operational Head lights, Tail lights, Brake lights, Turn signals.

Driver must have:
1. Valid Drivers License
2. Valid vehicle registration

Tires:
No restrictions

Thanks, Chad Wade

warchild145
02-27-2007, 09:51 PM
i'll be there, day doesnt really matter guess i'm not much help.

snickerlicker
02-28-2007, 03:39 AM
Street class for me. Having it in May would be nice.

skinny1030
02-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Street class for me. May sounds good.

90 notch
02-28-2007, 10:58 AM
May for sure,street class.Steve o and chris

Scott
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I'd vote for june, more time for people to get there cars running.. I should be able to make it Chad on either day, I would definetly have it during the day though. is there any type of cruise here going to and back from track??

Ninesecsnake
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
May works for me just not the weekend of WFC its May 18-19-20 other than that im looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rollin on Dubs
02-28-2007, 03:49 PM
EIther date works for me, street class!

allgo
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
June is to hot and to busy for most people as I talked to you about Chad, so you know how we feel about may.

DustinsDuster
02-28-2007, 04:49 PM
i'll try my best to make it out, i guess you could sign me up for street class,

APPLES355
02-28-2007, 09:00 PM
i know i am not on here that much but i would be up for either date.

Rollin on Dubs
03-03-2007, 10:25 AM
I have talked to quite a few people who are planning on going but dont frequent the site. ( i beleve most of them are planning on running the street class)

Scott
03-03-2007, 04:48 PM
What classes are there??

68nova
03-03-2007, 05:48 PM
HEY...whats up??
I just got off the phone with Chad I guess there are going to be 3 different things going on....

Street class (see above for info)
Trophy race (bracket, dial in)
Test/tune (open runs)

I have goten a couple E-mails asking how things are going so I thought I would just let every one know on here....
I am going to the univ. for therapy 5 times a week and just started going back to work acouple weeks ago on Tuesday and Thrusdays in the afternoon (Hartwigs) every thing is going good.....I have been getting out more. I am going to look for a daily driver soon just not sure what I want, I think the mini van is the best option but I will feel like a soccor mom driving one......I just need to discide what to do with my nova. Well thats about all thats new with me.

I would like to thank every one for every thing that they have done over the last couple mounths.

I hope every one can make it out in May to do some racing

Brian Chelf

allgo
03-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Brian, hope you get the nova done by then and come out with it for some fun! Good to hear from you, I will give you a call sometime have not talked to you in awhile.

Rollin on Dubs
03-04-2007, 08:24 AM
HEY...whats up??
I just got off the phone with Chad I guess there are going to be 3 different things going on....

Street class (see above for info)
Trophy race (bracket, dial in)
Test/tune (open runs)

I have goten a couple E-mails asking how things are going so I thought I would just let every one know on here....
I am going to the univ. for therapy 5 times a week and just started going back to work acouple weeks ago on Tuesday and Thrusdays in the afternoon (Hartwigs) every thing is going good.....I have been getting out more. I am going to look for a daily driver soon just not sure what I want, I think the mini van is the best option but I will feel like a soccor mom driving one......I just need to discide what to do with my nova. Well thats about all thats new with me.

I would like to thank every one for every thing that they have done over the last couple mounths.

I hope every one can make it out in May to do some racing

Brian Chelf
Its good to hear from you. And i know there are alot of guys who will help you out any way they can.

But it would be cool if you could find an old chevy panel truck, (it would be much cooler than a mini van)

juiced82Z
03-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I will be there whatever the date is

OldSkoolRCR
03-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Body:
Lexan prohibited. Tube chassis prohibited.

First off has there been a date set for this?

Then does'nt the Lexan window rule prohibite Walsh from racing at this event, being he is a so called MSCA member? And the tube chassis rule, dont that prohibite Havlik form racing, being he has probably the most streetable car out there?

68nova
03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
We are still planning on May 26th before the night race at Cedar Falls. Last week Chad wrote Scott Gardner and he said Dan (Cedar Falls track manager) would be getting ahold of him last weekend so we will be on the phone again.

Ed I have not heard from you are you planning on racing ?

Brian Chelf

90 notch
03-29-2007, 06:25 AM
Walshes car still has stock glass?When did havlik get a tube car!Ed,that comment was funny.What's up chelf,hope things are going well.Steve o

Scott
03-29-2007, 07:07 AM
since he started building it in his garage, he said he will race anyway if his car is done but he would like to compete for the benefit...

OldSkoolRCR
03-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Walshes car still has stock glass?When did havlik get a tube car!Ed,that comment was funny.What's up chelf,hope things are going well.Steve o

Steve'O once again your mouth overrides your brain, Walsh specificly told me him self at lints, the day your Bro was there and I quote " Looks like I can not go to the benifit race, my car has lexan windows" so I suppose I made that up huh idiot. And Havliks car is a complete aftermarket chassis car I was also told by Walsh, so if its not tube chassis its a square chassis :biggrin:. Dude shut the fuck up already.

Brian I sent you a PM...Ed

68nova
03-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Did not get your PM Ed....I have problems sending them on here keeps logging me off...???
My E-mail is IABrian79@aol.com

on a budget
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
he has probably the most streetable car out there?

...hows havliks' car the most streetable car out there when it isnt even done?

Rollin on Dubs
03-31-2007, 06:15 AM
[quote="OldSkoolRCR";p="123549":927f2]he has probably the most streetable car out there?

...hows havliks' car the most streetable car out there when it isnt even done?[/quote:927f2]

Because he drove his old car more than most of us put together, and his new car will be even more streetable than his old car. Oh and its going to be much faster.

DustinsDuster
03-31-2007, 04:48 PM
it's still a nitrous motor, isnt it Rich?

OldSkoolRCR
03-31-2007, 06:09 PM
[quote="on a budget";p="123650":71582][quote="OldSkoolRCR";p="123549":71582]he has probably the most streetable car out there?

...hows havliks' car the most streetable car out there when it isnt even done?[/quote:71582]

Because he drove his old car more than most of us put together, and his new car will be even more streetable than his old car. Oh and its going to be much faster.[/quote:71582]

Amen!!!

69gt4speed
03-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Rollin on Dubs .... Hard to dispute that, I saw it out, he stopped, launched and was gone.... Never have I saw a rwd hook up so well on the street. If the new is faster, holy sh-t..... wish I had a vid camera that night, I'm glad I got to see it launch.

Guch
04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
It has been confirmed with Cedar Falls. The Race wil be from 3p.m. to 7p.m. and then the night race starts later that evening. Hope we can get a good turn out and more info to follow.

Thanks,
Wade

Stutz
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I will be there and try to get some people to go

IBFAST
04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Is this going to happen??? I ready to blow some import junk away!!!! Who has the fastest import around??? Is there any faster then 14 second!!lol

DustinsDuster
04-14-2007, 11:31 AM
a 16 year old kid talking this much crap without mentioning yet what he drives...sorry man, i just have a hard time taking you seriously....

68nova
04-14-2007, 12:33 PM
it is May 26th at cedar falls 3-7 I am working a flyer (just got off the phone with CF track manager....
BC