PDA

View Full Version : dragsource.net and dragsource.com

AutoMods
02-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Whats the deal with dragsource.net and dragsource.com , I didn't know there were two. They ran by the same person? Both focus on des moines area?

s13kid
02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I think Judd told me the owner of dragsource got lazy and wasnt doing anything, they had problems nothing was being fixed so they went ahead and started a new dragsource, I cant remember which is which though

Drifte
02-27-2007, 11:49 AM
i heard the original dragsource.com owner sold it to someone who wanted to make it big, but made it retarded. so that original owner brought it back as dragsource.net, and is doing as good as ever.

dont quote me on that tho.

ZacFields
02-27-2007, 11:54 AM
No that's not it.

Powers (Previous owner of dragsource.com) sold the site for something like 5 grand to somebody.

Judd and Chuck, who were major major parts of dragsource.com got pretty upset about it because apparantly Powers sold the site kinda under the table without telling anyone about it.

So Judd and Chuck decided to start Dragsource.net. The site probably wouldn't have lasted, but the new owner of Dragsource.com turned out to be kindof a dick to everyone, so then everyone started moving over to dragsource.net.

The new owner of dragsource.com originally wanted to take it to a national level, so if you're looking for a site based in des moines i'd say Dragsource.net is the place to go. I hear dragsource.com is a ghost town anymore.

Zac

Stutz
02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah no one has posted on .com in a couple months. That guy that bought it was a total dumbass.

Judd
03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone!

Dragsource.com was sold to a guy named Clint in PA. Chuck and myself did no know the site was sold or even being sold until it was a done deal. He wanted to take Dragsource.com to a national level. However, 99% of the users did not want to take it to this level because it would break up the localness of the site. When people voiced their opinion, Clint started to ban people (including myself and chuck who were admins). So instantly, chuck and myself created dragsource.net and within 2 weeks almost every user had switched over. Dragsource.com's traffic has fallen an INSANE amount and Dragsource.net is the hotness now

:)

Ashley
03-01-2007, 01:04 PM
i browse .net a little bit.. but not as much lately because your layout hurts my eyes, the blue doesnt go very well with the photo background. :(

Judd
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Hrm, we had good responses to the layout change. almost everyone liked it.

ZacFields
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
^Can't please everyone man. Im not a big fan of picture backgrounds but it works out okay over there.

Zac

Ashley
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
yeah, i just have really hardcore ocd about colors and things matching. lol. stuff has to look just right and match, or else i dont like it. weird, i know.

DustinsDuster
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
i dont mind it much, it is a bit harder to follow and read through than CR:u is in my opinion..

JustinS
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I have been living in Ames for two months and just now got around to introducing myself, lol.

So that guy basically paid five grand for a worthless website, that's awesome! Glad to see the Des Moines area has their own website still.