PDA

View Full Version : The build

hondacrxT
02-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Ok, well, here's the build.
What I have: Is a D15b2 Bone stock, w/ mendral bent 2 1/2 in. cat-back.
What I'm putting in: Is a sohc ZC, mild cam (already in).
Whats gonna happen to it: My plans are to boost it w/ 10 lbs. Hopefully by mid-late summer.
What I need: I need main bearings, rod bearings, and a couple little gaskets, (the front plate gasket for the oil pump, and the rear plate gasket.)

As of now, the car is sitting at Darts, (he isn't working on it, I am). Me and my Dad made a 6 hour project, take 3 days. What happened is I went to launch last weekend, holding it just above 2500 rpm. When I did, the diff. blew. Richard was nice enough to give me his Si tranny, so me and my dad pulled the tranny one night, then yesterday, we went to put it back in and it wouldn't go. It was 2 pins in the back, hitting eachother. Don't know why both of them are there, but they are. We are going back tonite to and finish it.
Please post anything you think you can help me with, or if you have any parts you think I might need. Thanks, and wish me luck.

Dallas

Ricky
02-23-2007, 10:56 AM
10psi on a D15 is not going to happen long. 9 MAX 8 would be safer. now if you plan on getting different rods you should be fine

Ricky
02-23-2007, 10:58 AM
never mind i forgot your putting in a ZC. dont know much about those so i have no imput at this time i guess. good luck

krustindumm
02-24-2007, 06:06 AM
you need to learn how to drive, the stock diff is good for around 300whp, maybe a tad more, with a good driver.
As for the dowel pins, sometimes they stick in the engine, sometimes the tranny, you just need to make sure only one of them has em.

hondacrxT
03-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks for all the input. Well, I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later. I blew the D15, on my way to a friends house. So I got what I needed for the swap, the motor should be pulled w/in the next couple of days. The other motors all put back together. What actually happened was I was driveing right behind Richard, and a really loud knock started out of no where. Called Richard, then it died. Opened the hood, and sure enough, their was a half dollare size hole in the block w/ the rod sticking through it. Wish me luck, and I'll let you guys know when its done.

P.S. Going to Tri-State Raceway on April 22nd, at 9:30 am. Hopeing for mid-high 15's. Talk to ya later.

Dallas

Ricky
03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
you want a built d16 block and all the turbo stuff? Stro on here is selling it all cuz he doesn't have a civic any more. you want to never throw a rod though the block again check his shit out. there is a thread in the for sale, want to buy section.

Drifte
03-16-2007, 05:07 PM
i highly suggest you jump on stros part sale before i get the money and take it all.