PDA

View Full Version : my daily driver

DustinsDuster
02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
i washed my truck today, and cleaned out the interior, so i thought i would take some pics and try to make you all think my truck is always this clean. nothin too special about it((yet), '88 Dodge Ram50, carbureted 2.0L, 5 speed 2WD.

depending on funding and what deals come my way, i'd like to start collecting parts for a 4G63T swap. also, if i could find some that struck my fancy and were cheap enough, a set of silverado wheels for it so i could retire the stock steelies to winter-only duty.

even if i dont get that stuff for this spring/summer, i plan on getting off my ass and doing the little bit of bodywork my truck needs, and getting rid of that rust(owning one rusty vehicle is enough for me). also, would like the pull the carpet out and scrub the hell out of it(very stained), and make sure the floor pans arent starting to rust. after all that, if i am VERY motivated still, i might try to cheaply lower it just a bit(cut a bit off the front springs, blocks for the back).

Drifte
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
wow thats actually in really great shape! those door speakers look impressive as well. Id say thats a great candidate for a 63 swap, keep it real clean damn. im jealous of the potential their.

on a budget
03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
that thing gotta hemi?!?

DustinsDuster
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
that thing gotta hemi?!?

well, its a SOHC motor, so i guess technically the combustion chamber is in a Hemi-like configuration.

Drifte
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
isnt it torsion bars upfront?

DustinsDuster
03-25-2007, 11:42 PM
no surprisingly enough. i was expecting that when i got it, but it has traditional coil springs. i might chop the springs for now, but im going to look into drop spindles/drop coils for future plans..