PDA

View Full Version : WTB 1G DSM

DustinsDuster
02-21-2007, 08:10 PM
im looking for a 1G DSM. has to be a turbo car. auto or 5 speed, doesnt matter. FWD or AWD, doesnt matter. can be running or not. dont care about the body; rusty, dented, smashed, doesnt matter. would rather it have grey or black interior, but thats not that imprtant.

im only looking to spend around $500.

Thanks,
Dustin

Drifte
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
you can buy my motor for $500.

DustinsDuster
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
you can buy my motor for $500.

yeah, but your motor doesnt come with an ECU, wiring, gauge cluster, seats or cooling system.

Ricky
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
i never thought i would see the day... but a 500 doller dsm will need work to run right.

DustinsDuster
02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
i never thought i would see the day... but a 500 doller dsm will need work to run right.

wouldnt care much if i never got to drive it....im not interested in the actual car....

Ricky
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
then what do you want one for if you dont mind me asking? just the engine?

Ricky
02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
nm i figgered it out. good luck with the swap

Inferno333
02-21-2007, 10:34 PM
I'll give my cousin a call. He's looking to sell his 90 GS.

I'll post back tomorrow.

DustinsDuster
02-21-2007, 10:56 PM
if its not a turbo car, dont waste your time...

Inferno333
02-22-2007, 07:10 AM
It is a turbo Dustin. I probably just messed up the letter designation.

TbTalon94
02-22-2007, 07:34 AM
1g eclipses don't come in "gs-t" , they are just GS, and then below that it says 16v DOHC turbo.

So a GS can still be turbo in the 1g world.

Drifte
02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
you shoulda started this project sooner!!!! i had spare seats, a shell with wiring, and i still have the motor with eprom ecu.

DustinsDuster
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
1g eclipses don't come in "gs-t" , they are just GS, and then below that it says 16v DOHC turbo.

So a GS can still be turbo in the 1g world. you didnt make that too clear in your DSM FAQ Trevor... inferno, let me know what you find out.

DustinsDuster
02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
you shoulda started this project sooner!!!! i had spare seats, a shell with wiring, and i still have the motor with eprom ecu.

that you wouldve sold for $500?

Inferno333
02-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I talked to my cousin a little while ago. He wants to get 1000 for it.

It runs pretty decent for having high miles. Body isn't in the greatest shape, but your don't car about that. It has a black interior.

Shoot me a PM if you want to get in touch with him.

DustinsDuster
02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
i got an offer on a talon with a broken rod and spare crank to go with it. unless your cousin will take $500 cash, i'll probably go with that.

Drifte
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
[quote="Drifte";p="121586":6ebd7]you shoulda started this project sooner!!!! i had spare seats, a shell with wiring, and i still have the motor with eprom ecu.

that you wouldve sold for $500?[/quote:6ebd7]

yea i would have. still can sell you what ive got for $500. chipped and socketed ecu, with chips. my motor is still here too. gave everything else away to steve, so he got a helluva a deal.

DustinsDuster
02-25-2007, 01:31 PM
other offer fell through, i am still looking.

doesnt matter if theres no title. wrecks, all of that stuff, let me know what you got.

inferno, let me know if your cousin changes his mind...

CROWN
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I got seats. Gray Seats. perfect. and other random interior peices. But I live in des moines I could bring em up next time im in the area which might be spring or idk sometime.

DustinsDuster
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
how much do you want for them, Crown?

i dont know, i suppose if i could peice together everything i need for around $500, i suppose i could go that route; i just like the idea of having a whole spare car in case i might need small parts. i dont know, if i decide to go that route colton, i'll be sure to let you know.

CROWN
02-25-2007, 11:08 PM
probably like 30 bucks if i can fit them in my car lol should beable to

DustinsDuster
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
sold, i'll PM you my number.

CROWN
02-25-2007, 11:15 PM
yea, but like i said idk when i'll be down there again, probably when snow clears up for good. but their yours i'll hold em. when r u plannin on starten ur project?

DustinsDuster
02-25-2007, 11:26 PM
its not a huge priority. if i could get all the parts together by this summer, and have enough money to go through the engine, i would try to do it this summer, but if not, i would wait until next spring. being that its my daily driver, i cant really afford to have it off the road when i dont have anything else to drive. looks like i'll be DD'ing the Duster this summer for a bit if i get all my shit together!

rysbrnr
02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
It's not a turbo car like you wanted but it IS $500. I have a untouched virgin red 91 Eagle Talon FWD A/T that needs work. I don't know what project you have in mind but it is at least a 2.0 DOHC 4g63 and not the anemic 1.8L SOHC that came in some 1g DSM's. It is not running due needing a piston in #2. If you wanted to turbo it anyway you would to install the turbo pistons. If you want this car, I can throw in a 1g side mount intercooler and maybe an ehaust manifold if I can find it. $500 and it's a 100% complete car....I'm guessing you just want the motor for a D50 project so could probably just part the car out and make up most or all of the initial investment. Lemme know what you think.

DustinsDuster
02-26-2007, 05:12 PM
It's not a turbo car like you wanted but it IS $500. I have a untouched virgin red 91 Eagle Talon FWD A/T that needs work. I don't know what project you have in mind but it is at least a 2.0 DOHC 4g63 and not the anemic 1.8L SOHC that came in some 1g DSM's. It is not running due needing a piston in #2. If you wanted to turbo it anyway you would to install the turbo pistons. If you want this car, I can throw in a 1g side mount intercooler and maybe an ehaust manifold if I can find it. $500 and it's a 100% complete car....I'm guessing you just want the motor for a D50 project so could probably just part the car out and make up most or all of the initial investment. Lemme know what you think.

i appreciate the offer Sully, but one of the biggest reasons im looking for the whole car is to get the Turbo ECU and what ever other turbo specific parts i might need. thanks anyway.

rysbrnr
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Dustin, I didn't think you'd want it but I thought I'd throw it out there!
ok... well if you ever change your mind I will throw in a turbo ECU with the car. At one point in time I did have EVERY single necessary part to convert a NT into a turbo car minus the low-comp pistons.
However, I still have all the piping, intercooler, ECU, BOV, injectors, fuel pump, resistor pack, exhaust manifold, o2 housing, MAF, intake, and even a turbo gauge cluster... basically everything minus the turbo itself. IF I ever found myself a Mitsubishi Galant GSX (non-turbo, AWD sedan like a VR4) I would've used these parts to turbo it. If by chance you know someone looking for a cheap car like my red Talon lemme know.

Drifte
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
oh btw rys, no nt pistons here. have some massive turbo pistons tho.

rysbrnr
02-26-2007, 11:34 PM
drifte, yeah your brother told me the other day you didn't have one.. I was in such a bind that day you wouldn't believe. I'm not supposed to be working on any cars at all for a while. My lady was out of town for the weekend and I snuck the NT Talon in the garage to get it running again. All it needed was a head gasket so what the hell, might as well do it while she's gone right? Upon disassembly it turns out I also needed just one piston since there was a crack in one of them. I already had the head off the car and ready to reassemble and installing one new piston would've only added an hour or two to the job. If I could've sourced a NT piston that day, we could've had that car running around. Instead, I just put most everything back together and put the car back so she wouldn't know I worked on it. Now she's complaining about the car being here so now I have to get rid of it. And it still only needs one piston to be back on the road again.

Stutz
03-08-2007, 07:35 PM
drifte, yeah your brother told me the other day you didn't have one.. I was in such a bind that day you wouldn't believe. I'm not supposed to be working on any cars at all for a while. My lady was out of town for the weekend and I snuck the NT Talon in the garage to get it running again. All it needed was a head gasket so what the hell, might as well do it while she's gone right? Upon disassembly it turns out I also needed just one piston since there was a crack in one of them. I already had the head off the car and ready to reassemble and installing one new piston would've only added an hour or two to the job. If I could've sourced a NT piston that day, we could've had that car running around. Instead, I just put most everything back together and put the car back so she wouldn't know I worked on it. Now she's complaining about the car being here so now I have to get rid of it. And it still only needs one piston to be back on the road again.

If you got it running would you want to sell it? and for how much?

Drifte
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
hahaha thats funny but sucks at the same time.