PDA

View Full Version : 1JZGTTE or 7MGTE?

Poptart
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey, I am a lover of Supras, but lately my 7M-GE is to slow =(

I want Turbos!

Now, what I have found out mostly is... 1JZ-GTTE can get more power than 7MGTE? Or can you get the same thing out of a 7MGTE, because if that is the case, I will buy one right now and have it put in by next week, LMAO

But, hell, I want to do something alittle more power, to show these mustangs around here in Davenport, that they aren't shit anymore..

Please, post your opinions on both engines, I am wanting either the 1JZ-GTTE or 7MGTE, and want to know which one is better in the end...thanks,

Ken

black88gt
02-21-2007, 06:26 PM
could do an n/a-t. they can be pretty quick. what year mk3?

Poptart
02-21-2007, 06:28 PM
1990, and how abouts would you go to do that? >.>"

black88gt
02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
n/a-t = 7mge or 5m that you turbo. you can bolt the turbo stuff of a 7mgte onto the 7mge or 5m. you can reliably run like 6 or 8 psi(higher compression then gte) and they often have higher gear ratios. only problem is w58 isnt as good as an r154.

TbTalon94
02-22-2007, 07:39 AM
why don't you just swap in a 2jz and show the "mustangs" what's really up.

black88gt
02-22-2007, 11:33 AM
the 1j is alot easier swap is probably why. 1j actually came in the mk3 from the factory.

boxmakingman
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
swapping an oil pan and wiring sure are tough

TbTalon94
02-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Do you guys ever browse Supraforums?

People swap 2jz's into mk3's ALL the time. They are easier to find motors and the parts are more plentiful for them. Plus with a 2jz you don't have to worry about "how much power can i make", cuz it will probably handle all you can afford to throw at it.

Poptart
02-22-2007, 01:57 PM

People swap 2jz's into mk3's ALL the time. They are easier to find motors and the parts are more plentiful for them. Plus with a 2jz you don't have to worry about "how much power can i make", cuz it will probably handle all you can afford to throw at it.

So yeah, you help me swap the 2JZ in my car, and actually get it to work good :D And I will pay you money...

I already did one engine swap and it turned out a mess, and hate to do it again, so I am paying somebody to do it DECENT for me..

2JZ don't you have to adjust the firewall in order to get it in there?

Umm, I will buy a 2JZ, lol I have no problem with that....hell....and yes, I would love to show those mustangs =]

But, let me know, and if anybody is willing to "HELP" or "DO" an engine swap coming up this summer...lol

I have to wait till March to spend money..since I have to go to court..so ..please let me know,

You can call me at 563-579-9697
~Ken

black88gt
02-22-2007, 04:14 PM

im on supramania fairly often