PDA

View Full Version : Red 98 GSX F/S

logans dad
02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I have like 18 invested and would like for it to stay around here. I would let it go for 12. If it doesnt sell its going on Ebay. Built motor has 750 miles. Car has 78.000 on it. It should run 11's with whats on it and if you wanted more it would just need a bigger Turbo. Everything was new when motor was built. I just want to go back to my v/8 roots.

Im wanting to buy a Stang and put the newest blower on it to Help MSCA spank the Cub Scout crew.

PM if interested with phone number.

DustinsDuster
02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
youre selling already Vic? i thought you were going to run it at least once or twice to see if it runs the numbers you were thinking?

Ricky
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
wow who ever buys this car its getting a good deal

logans dad
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I think so, I just cant bitch slip one out of the hole and afraid I will just break something again. Im a rap the piss out of it and dump it person and always will be.

logans dad
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
If I dont get it sold for that I will keep it this summer and run it at the strip and maybe else where and then sell it this fall for 10.

I doubt I will even put a 1000 miles on it as I only drove it on the weekend. I should just put it in storage and bring it out in 10 years and hope maybe the value goes up but I'm getting old and want to have some street and strip fun yet before I get to old.

TbTalon94
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Lol I'll trade you cars Vic. If you want to part it out...lemme know.

Rollin on Dubs
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Vic- just put it on racing junk and see if someone will trade for what your looking for. I would suggest not selling it to someone locally. Most people who sell rare, modded, or race vehicles regret selling it to someone who they might see frequently.

rysbrnr
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
You should run it a couple times this season before you sell it. If you're worried about breaking parts on the launch, just do a "bitch slip" like you said and let the trap speed speak for itself. If you sell it for $10k this fall that would be a nice price, but it'd be more justified if you could sell it with a good timeslip. Too many times a person will sell a car with a good parts list for cheap and say stuff like, "with tuning and blah blah... it will run xx.xx@xxxmph or it'll should make xxx HP and the buyer gets it and the car is a disappointment.... It'll sell better with a timeslip and/or video.

On a side note, slow ride's 93 Talon AWD sold for right around your asking price and it made 523 dyno proven HP with tons more $ invested in chassis and suspension parts. It was the one of the cleanest 1g's I've seen in my life. The 2g body-style appeal of your car puts your asking price in good range.

belittle
02-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Personally do you really think you'll get 12k for it locally?

You see these types of sales all the time and 95% of the time no one will buy it. Hell a 1998 GSX books for maybe 8k.

If you really want to get 12k out of it part out your aftermarket parts and sell the car near stock. There is no way in hell you'll get that much locally or even national at that price.

You also don't list ANY of your mods. Are you just going to assume people will know what you have done to it? I know if I was to spend 12k on a dsm I'd want to know EVERY little detail down to previous owners, etc. You also don't have any pictures. In my experience things do not sell without pictures.

I check eBay almost everyday for eclipses/talons and I always see the one with the asking price of 12k-14k NEVER sell.

Stix37867
02-21-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm interested in what mods it has. I'd possibly buy it early summer after school is done and i go back to work.

logans dad
02-21-2007, 01:13 AM
98 GSX, 6 bolt, T04E 60 trim, Tial 38 external wg, 2g ported o2, Greddy EBC. Greddy rs bov, Extremeintercoolers.com fmic, GM maf with translator. 880 injectors with DSMlink and 880 chip. 3" exhaust without the cat, Innovate wb, 255 pump, Aeromotive fpr, Ported Evo3 manifold, Act 2600, ffwd 272 cams, Fidanza flywheel. 9 to1 forged pistons and Eagle rods. 1G Head with the 1mm oversized valves and manly valve springs. Block Oringed. 4 spider diff.

You can ask Trevor how it runs at low boost with pump gas. Im sure it will hit 11's easy with high boost and race gas. Might do it on pump gas.

TbTalon94
02-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Vic like I said if you want to make it stock just let me know. I have stock exhaust, stock manifold, stock turbo, stock lines, stock o2 housing, stock i/c piping and sidemount...and probably a few more things. I would trade that stuff for a few parts off your car and some cash. Just lemme know.

Otherwise I say run it a few times atleast at the track to know what it'll do and give the buyer a rock solid idea of what it's doing. If you really want I can drive it or teach you how to slip the clutch. It ain't hard. Otherwise you could just roll it off the line and let the MPH speak like rysbrnr said.

allgo
02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Vic, you have to run it a couple of times to get a slip, I agree with everybody a slip says alot about the cars abilties, takes away all the should and maybes. Then get your v8.

logans dad
02-21-2007, 05:53 PM
People aren't beating down the door to buy it so thats more then likely what will happen. I will sell it this fall for sure tho. I just would like to see the car stay around here. I sold my 67 years ago to a guy from out of town and still wonder what kind of fun he had with it.

I didn't post it but the engine was balanced also and it was done right so why shouldn't I sell it to a person around here.

Trevor, Maybe we can do a engine swap this fall. If I was to put it back to stock it wouldn't need such a good motor in it.

I know I can get the hang of slipping it with a couple launches. Just having some fun saying I cant do it. With the 2600 in it tho its like its almost in gear or out. Theres only a fine line to slipping it.

slow ride
02-21-2007, 06:28 PM
If everything is working well that car should go low 11's on c16 maybe a high ten with god driving it on the east coast. High 11's should be possible on pump I would think. Is the turbo a 60-1 or 60 trim? What size exhaust wheel/housing?

bowtiebuba
02-21-2007, 10:50 PM
dont sell it vic

TbTalon94
02-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Straight from Import Evolution:

Model Number : 4431RE
Horsepower Rating (rated by comp. wheel) : 565hp
Compressor Cover : T04E 3" Inlet / 2" Outlet
Lbs / Min : 56

Compressor Side Specifications
Wheel Diameter : 58mm
Wheel Inducer : 2.290"
Wheel Exducer : 2.950"
Wheel Trim : 60

Turbine Specifications
A/R Ratio : .63
Wheel Style : T31
Wheel Trim : 76

slow ride
02-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I would guess around 450whp on c16 with those turbo specs give or take for a intake manifold and what not. In a full weight 2g I'd burn it if I couldn't run a 11.40-11.70 in the lower 120's. You usually see people pick the 50 or 60-1 compressor wheel over the 60 though. It's been a while since I looked, but the compressor maps seem to be a little more friendly depending on goals of the car (pump gas low boost/ race gas hight boost etc,etc) Not that the 60 will not work or anything.

logans dad
02-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I know the map doesn't look good for the T04E 60 trim but Ive heard people say the 20g map looks bad but people have ran 10's with it.

I have talked with people in DSM tuners that have ran 10's with it and all others run 11's and most say on an old motor with a so so tune. I guess it wont be to much longer and I'll find out just what it will do.

I did want the 60-1 but went with the 60 trim because at the time it had a 7 bolt in it and didnt think it would last long with the 60-1 turbo. I guess it didnt last but a week with the 60 trim either lol.

On air flow im showing 39 lbs and if I calculated it right and its close it should be around 375 HP at that A/F. People say look out when I set boost above 23 lbs. The 60 trim will come alive. I just hope they are right.

slow ride
02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Most of the fast guys back in the day running 10's with 20g's were doing it old school. Pounding the gears, removing weight from the cars, etc. They wanted to get everything out of the car for the power it had and drivetrain parts paid the price. Most guys make more power now and take it easier on the drivetrain. Old school time slips were something like 10.98@123 Much closer to what some of the stick domestic cars run at a similar power to weight ratio. Now if you see 10.98 it's at 131, etc. People are shifting softer, turbos have more lag and the top end power has to make up for it.

With a dog box transmission, twin/triple disk clutches, upgraded transfer case output and driveshaft, and better axels in extreme cases the relibility of a dsm could be much better. I really don't consider a dog box trans a street item though. EVO's have a stronger drivetrain from the factory than a DSM so you'll see them running faster on stock type transmissions.

Jappbox
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I know the map doesn't look good for the T04E 60 trim but Ive heard people say the 20g map looks bad but people have ran 10's with it.

I have talked with people in DSM tuners that have ran 10's with it and all others run 11's and most say on an old motor with a so so tune. I guess it wont be to much longer and I'll find out just what it will do.

I did want the 60-1 but went with the 60 trim because at the time it had a 7 bolt in it and didnt think it would last long with the 60-1 turbo. I guess it didnt last but a week with the 60 trim either lol.

On air flow im showing 39 lbs and if I calculated it right and its close it should be around 375 HP at that A/F. People say look out when I set boost above 23 lbs. The 60 trim will come alive. I just hope they are right.

That seems a bit low for 23psi. On the 2G with the 3065 turbo (65lbs/min) I saw 50lbsmin at 25psi, it was makeing 39lbs/min at 5600RPM, the 50lbs/min was at 7400. This was at 10.9 A/F and 12degress timing I guess at 400-420whp So your prob around 350+
Anyways good luck with the sale vic.

TbTalon94
02-23-2007, 07:25 AM
He wasn't running 23psi with the 39lbs/min. He was saying people say look out when you turn it up to 23 because that's when the turbo wakes up.

I think he was flowing the 39lbs around 19psi, maybe a lil less. I'd have to look at the log again. 19psi, with a 10.5 a/f and around 15-16* timing around 6k or so. I'd have to look at the log to be positive.