PDA

View Full Version : Traction GARR!!

PrizmRacingUSA
02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
so..my work ive had done on the toyota is done..it needs some bodywork..but no matter where i am....im having problems with traction...any ideas?

Stg4raddo
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
and you've done what to you car?

Drifte
02-19-2007, 08:24 PM
is this a joke? i havnt seen a post from you in years!

JustinS
02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Haha it's tucker, I joined right around the time he kind of up and vanished.

And yea I probably have more hp than you and I don't have problems with traction. Although I probably use wider/stickier tires than you. . .

Stg4raddo
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Engine
Engine bore $1950 install$1950
Engine rebuild, bore,stroke, cleaning $2499 install $2499
Lighweight flywheel $150
Upgraded Intake Mani, Performance Header $850

Transmission
b&m short throw shifter

Audio
2 12'' sony & Pioneer GM524 amp

Alloys & Tyres
TRD 15's and 215/55/15 bridgestone Fuzion ZR-i's

damn almost 2 grand to bore the block and then 2 grand to install the bored block that shit must be hot

i only spent 450 to have my block hot tanked, bored, honed, decked, new IM shaft bushings and grind the crank i must not have paid enough.

and damn i wish i could find a light weight flywheel for 150 bux

wared u get a stroker crank for a carolla?

JustinS
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Damn 2500 to install an engine, shoulda shopped around. . .

lil krumm
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
wanna race tuff guy?? this big truck is gonna smoke your ass. no no first its gonna roll you up nice and good, then smoke you for a long time, to enjoy the flavor.....

Drifte
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~suep/tom/PIX/your%20gay.JPG

unrelated. just awesome.

PrizmRacingUSA
02-19-2007, 09:50 PM
oh sorry for the miscalculation..in my mods..it only cost me 2400 total the second time around for the rebuild and the first time inculded a rebuild with a bunch of other shit....i just entered 2400 twice and 1950 twice....my bad

idk what kind of hp im pulling down..should get it dyno'd but i think it mightbe the fact that my car weighs 2550lbs with me in it!?!?!?! your car is a 3000lb car with you in it..its a v6 which inevitably has more weight on the front wheels...so yeah...its rather feasable that you have better traction..not to mention that my car is a 5-speed manual..yours is more than likely a 4spd auto...cant really compare these two cars...

RandomHero
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
mines stock. wanna race?

JustinS
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
oh sorry for the miscalculation..in my mods..it only cost me 2400 total the second time around for the rebuild and the first time inculded a rebuild with a bunch of other shit....i just entered 2400 twice and 1950 twice....my bad

idk what kind of hp im pulling down..should get it dyno'd but i think it mightbe the fact that my car weighs 2550lbs with me in it!?!?!?! your car is a 3000lb car with you in it..its a v6 which inevitably has more weight on the front wheels...so yeah...its rather feasable that you have better traction..not to mention that my car is a 5-speed manual..yours is more than likely a 4spd auto...cant really compare these two cars...
The engine in my car (fully dressed) weighs in at about 360 pounds, thats not much more weight than any other combination out there. My car is a 5 speed btw.

I could more than easily get down to around the same weight as you , it's not that hard on these cars since Ford decided to beef up the car with sound deadening material almost everywhere.

But, you're right we can't compare our fwd cars. They're completely different. :yawinkle:

Stg4raddo
02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Ill race ;) so about that Stroker crank can we get more details on that?

colt im just gonna say i called it about this post lol

Stg4raddo
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Tucker maybe its the fact the roads are wet lol

PrizmRacingUSA
02-19-2007, 10:55 PM
no...there is no stroker crank....and no i wont race you thats an excersize in futility...and this problem was going on when it was nice out...cold, hot, wet dry it just doesnt matter...

PrizmRacingUSA
02-19-2007, 11:03 PM
http://monkeywrenchracing.com/toyota_en ... kages.html (http://monkeywrenchracing.com/toyota_engine_packages.html)

fuckface.

Stix37867
02-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Oh i see your problem...IT'S A COROLLA!!

The only thing it's good for is a winter drifter.

TbTalon94
02-20-2007, 07:32 AM
my girlfriend has the same car...it's got balls

:roll:

Stg4raddo
02-20-2007, 07:55 AM
http://monkeywrenchracing.com/toyota_engine_packages.html

fuckface.Hi its me Fuckface Tucker why dont you get a fucking clue. your never going to have a fast car and you havent done any of that shit to your car. what ever happened to your turbo FD that you had. oh wait you never owned one.

your car is rated at 125hp at the crank from the factory even with every thing youve done u could maybe have 125-150 the wheels. you claim to have 215/55/15's on the car and if this is so you shouldnt have traction issues. i can drive my car so it has traction problems or i can drive it well and not spin any tires BTW im running 195/50/15

so either your tires suck your once again your trying to sound cool by saying you have done things to your car that you really havent.

BTW nice link to the engine part site too bad your prices dont match the price for a stroker that you claim to have in your car.

im done. have a nice day being gay tucker

Ashley
02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
not to ruin the hostility of this thread..but whats the diff between a corrolla and a prism? is it the same car, basically? bc its a prism, but him & everyone else keeps saying its a corrolla.

sorry, i'm dumb. :)

Drifte
02-20-2007, 11:25 AM
lotta hostility round here. geo prizm, toyota corolla same car i guess.

he called it both first somewhere.

anyway. what are the mods to this car? higher comp pistons or something? shouldnt have any traction problems making less torque...

Ricky
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
those are chick magnets. so when are we going to see this baby?

PrizmRacingUSA
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
tyler youre a little bit queer... i just said theres no stroker in it ....grammatical error...i admitied that in a previous post... my bad you dick...you want to go talk to Chris horn?? be my fucking guest asswipe...ask him exactly how much ive spent getting my car worked on there...then come back here and remove your foot from your mouth and say sorry......but you were asking about where to find a stroker cam for a corolla.. well there you go shithead....i thought you might be pulling your head out of your ass and going domestic....The Chevy Prizm 1.8l vvti engine (1zzfe) puts out somewheres around 145hp at the wheels and 125f/lb of touque...once again your mistake learn to read.. sold the fd on ebay..wanna check my paypal account for the 6,500 transaction and pictures of me in my garage with it? once again..be my guest... Oh and ashley..the prizm has a different interior.. 5 more hp than the corolla and 5 more ft.lbs of tourque..it is also 2'' wider 1.5" longer and about an inch lower the chevy version is just a little nicer, but the corolla outsold them and the prizm is now dead....

Ashley
02-20-2007, 01:56 PM
ok.. so.. you have a prism, but you call it a corrolla. sweet.

everyone needs to come check out my eclipse sometime, its pretty cute. :roll:

Stix37867
02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
sold the fd on ebay..wanna check my paypal account for the 6,500 transaction and pictures of me in my garage with it?
$6500 huh... Must have been real nice then. Cuz for 6500 it'd have to have a blown motor and be in ROUGH shape because a nice FD with a blown motor goes for more than 6500.

Drifte
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
im waiting for pics. thread is / till pics

Stg4raddo
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
why do you make this so easy lol

i thought you might be pulling your head out of your ass and going domestic.... Not really sure what this is supposed to mean considering i dont think id ever go domestic unless it was a Truck any one that knows me would probably agree that they wont see me leaving a VW in a long time

tyler youre a little bit queer... i just said theres no stroker in it ....grammatical error...i admitied that in a previous post... my bad you dick...you want to go talk to Chris horn?? be my fucking guest asswipe...ask him exactly how much ive spent getting my car worked on there...then come back here and remove your foot from your mouth and say sorry

Well at least you took it to a decent shop. i dont know what Horns shop rate is but if you had all work done all buy them including removing and installing the motor then the price isnt bad.

But you were asking about where to find a stroker cam for a corolla.. well there you go shithead....
Would u mind explaining the concept of a stroker CAM to me ive never heard of one. stroker cranks yes stroker cams no

i thought you might be pulling your head out of your ass and going domestic....The Chevy Prizm 1.8l vvti engine (1zzfe) puts out somewheres around 145hp at the wheels and 125f/lb of touque...once again your mistake learn to read..

Might wanna look up your specs again on your motor in the 2001 model year the Carrolla CE, S, and LE all came with the same motor the 1ZZ-FE as you stated. but they do not put out any ware near the power levels your talking about. heres a set of specifications for a 1ZZ-FE taken from a review of the car.
1ZZ-FE 1.8-liter, 4-cylinder, in-line twin-cam, EFI
16-valve, VVT-i, aluminum alloy block and head
130 hp @ 6,000 rpm. 125 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm

But i might be reading those wrong and incase you didnt know all factory HP ratings are done at the crank then you have 15-20% drive train loss

lil krumm
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
im waiting for pics. thread is / till pics

then consider it dead cause the pics dont exsist

JustinS
02-20-2007, 06:30 PM
LOL, this thread has become even more hilarious. Seriously Tucker, with about 150 whp you shouldn't have any traction issues. That is unless you just dump the clutch and go. :roll:

Ricky
02-20-2007, 06:41 PM
my mom had a 2005 corola and it wasnt fast at all and if def. didnt have 150hp

TbTalon94
02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Ok seriously my gf has the SAME CAR. I drive it almost every day, it doesn't have 140hp and it could never have traction problems unless it was on ice with bald tires.

If you are really having traction problems, try not dumping the clutch so high.

Stro
02-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Don't drop the clutch from 7 k and you might not have these problems.

Ricky
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
^ hahaha i told him to say that

DustinsDuster
02-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Tucker, we had this talk before. i doubt an engine that weighs 100lbs more than yours will effect traction much at all.

when you launch, the front of the car lifts, the rear of the car squats. this is called "weight transfer". no matter how much your engine weighs, if your car is FWD, when you launch you take weight off of the wheels that need weight to grip better.

want to hook better? do what that FWD por stockers do; install wheelie bars that are about an inch off the ground. that, or just get yourself a RWD domestic, spend less money and go faster. the terrible gas milage is worth it....

black88gt
02-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Tucker, we had this talk before. i doubt an engine that weighs 100lbs more than yours will effect traction much at all.

when you launch, the front of the car lifts, the rear of the car squats. this is called "weight transfer". no matter how much your engine weighs, if your car is FWD, when you launch you take weight off of the wheels that need weight to grip better.

want to hook better? do what that FWD por stockers do; install wheelie bars that are about an inch off the ground. that, or just get yourself a RWD domestic, spend less money and go faster. the terrible gas milage is worth it....

or just give up because youre modding a corolla/prism or whatever the fuck it is

Drifte
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
oh great guys 3 pages of flaming after him being gone forever. ...ruin all my fun theirs no way hes comin back now.

krustindumm
02-24-2007, 11:33 AM
FWD traction is not rocket science. Sticky tires, low CG, stiff rear springs, solid motor mounts, traction bars, and a limited slip.

However, I can almost gurantee that your traction issues have far more to do with what's behind the wheel, and not what's on the wheels.