PDA

View Full Version : How lame and retarded have people become?

RangerXLT
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, I drove to work at about 2:30 so I could be there at 3 (Note: 2:30, no lights needed to see while driving). I work my shift and get off at about 8:15. I go out and open my door to realize the dinging sound didn't come on when I opened my door along with the overhead lights, so I immediately thought "No way." Sure enough, I try to start my truck up and not even a clicking noise. I look at my lights switch and it is sure enough pulled out. So sometime inbetween 3:00 and 8:15 someone got into my truck in the Texas Roadhouse parking lot and turned my lights on just to screw me over. Honestly people, if you're going to mess with someone, think of a good thing to do like piss on the door handle, or poop on the windshield or something. Having something like this done is just a hassle more than it is funny. How lame can people get?

Ashley
02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
maybe you bumped it.

and maybe you should lock your doors like a normal person.

Drifte
02-16-2007, 12:27 PM
its a ford ranger. they have fucked up switches. just wait, soon you wont beable to have the key on accessory with the door closed without it dinging.

pretty sweet huh.

JustinS
02-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I hate Ford. Everything on my car is so freaking hard to get to. Who puts an alternator between the rear exhaust manifold and the firewall, where you have to remove the intermediate shaft to get it out??

Sucks your battery was dead though.

RangerXLT
02-16-2007, 09:33 PM
yes ashley, i bumped the switch out 3 inches...that makes complete logical sense..lol. Not to mention locking your doors does you no good when they REALLY want to do something, jsut costs you more money to replace the window when they break it.

RandomHero
02-16-2007, 11:49 PM
so lemme get this straight.
during a time period where its light out, in a very populated area where people drive by all the time. someone some took the effort to brake into your truck obviously with a slimjim or some kind of lock picking device (which takes time on some vehicles, trust me) and upon getting in decided just to turn on your lights?

hmm, something just doesnt add up.

Ashley
02-16-2007, 11:55 PM
during a time period where its light out, in a very populated area where people drive by all the time. someone some took the effort to brake into your truck obviously with a slimjim or some kind of lock picking device (which takes time on some vehicles, trust me) and upon getting in decided just to turn on your lights?

if you read the whole thread... his doors weren't locked.

RandomHero
02-17-2007, 12:02 AM
it never really stated in it that he left his doors unlocked. BUT, if anyone is stupid enough to leave their doors unlocked in CR deserves the discomfort.

69gt4speed
02-17-2007, 01:51 AM
1 You were in a state of confusion
2 Your buddy at work did the deed.
3 All fwd are a pain to work on, always something is hard to get at, then when its a v6 gets worse imo. I usually pull the tire that's usually helpful. Try a new v8 monte carlo sometime. Or cad or lincoln fwd v8. In comparison my 94 tbird I could have the water pump changed in 30 min. Or alt in 20 min. or less. Wifes nissan/mercury v6 is just about the same as the taurus was a real pain in the arse. If you are talking late cougar that is mazda.
4 Always lock the car, if it gets stolen, they could give you a ticket at least in mo. they did.

JustinS
02-17-2007, 10:28 AM
3 All fwd are a pain to work on, always something is hard to get at, then when its a v6 gets worse imo. I usually pull the tire that's usually helpful. Try a new v8 monte carlo sometime. Or cad or lincoln fwd v8. In comparison my 94 tbird I could have the water pump changed in 30 min. Or alt in 20 min. or less. Wifes nissan/mercury v6 is just about the same as the taurus was a real pain in the arse. If you are talking late cougar that is mazda.
4 Always lock the car, if it gets stolen, they could give you a ticket at least in mo. they did.
Actually there are no Mazda parts on the late model cougars. The platform is based off of the 4 door Mondeo from Europe. The engine is also of the same Duratec family as the taurus, escape, sable, mazda6, etc. The contour and the cougar are exactly the same car, just that the contour has 4 doors. No Mazda parts on this car, thankfully lol

But yeah the FWD cars are always hard to work on. But they should have put the water pump where the alternator is and the alternator where the water pump is. The water pump is right up front and doesn't fail near as often as the alt.

DustinsDuster
02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
it seems pretty unlikely that someone would get into your truck to turn on the lights, and not take anything else, but i guess from now on, just lock your doors.

69gt4speed
02-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry about that on the cougar, I had heard years ago it was to be done by auto alliance group based on the mx6, I never really besides test drove a v6 check it out anymore. The alternator issue on many fords and others is when they are mounted low and esp the plug in models get corroded on the brushes and alt output. Even the bolt on term models like my cobra (which is mounted low) have the same issues. Same goes with the starter. Dielectric grease and tighten it up good.

JustinS
02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
No problem man, just wanted to set the record straight a little bit. Yea the alternators fail because they are mounted too low on the car. Most get caked in road grime even with the factory splash guards in place.

And to the original poster, I know Cedar Rapids seems like a small town where you can feel safe not locking your doors while at work just don't do it. You never know what someone is willing/able to do to your car once they are inside it.

StreetSweeper
02-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Well if it makes your Feel any better, about 3 months ago, me, OldSkool, 69gt, Amoander, MustangSally ,JappBox and a few others went to eat at texas road house. My dad happened to drive his 800 dollar beater 4 door 88 civic, and during the 2 hours we were there somone litterally stole his car from The texas road house parking lot.. The cops found it with the battary dead and the door open down at beaver park about 2am that morning. :butthead:

But just think, you could have had it that bad.

DustinsDuster
02-18-2007, 03:08 PM
did he leave the keys in it, or did someone actually take the time to hotwire it?

Drifte
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
2hours ey...hungry?

LOL

69gt4speed
02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Well notice there were women involved, you know how that can be. We hardly got to talk about cars.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-20-2007, 07:11 PM

That actually happens A LOT more than people think (breaking into crap during the day) Back when i was youn(er) and dumb(er) id say about 90% of the uhm... we'll say "stupid shit" that me and my "friends" used to do would be in the middle of the day and alot of time in a REALLY crowded place. Stupid, no doubt. However most people would see us and probably think like you "no one is dumb enough to break into a car in the middle of the day in such a crowded place". Its when someone happens to drive by at 3am and sees you doing it that draws attention. I am "reformed" so i guess i can tell a quick little story.

Once we where in missouri, there was a setuo kind of like theisens/advance/chrom city deal. There was an auto parts store then a few bigger places that shared a parking lot, i guess kinda like Tanger Outlet Mall. Point being we actually BARROWED a slim jim in order to get some shit out of a car that was there.
SIDE NOTE: we knew the person and where pretty much just collecting the money he owed us without his permission.

krustindumm
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM

poorly designed cars are hard to work on, not FWD cars. I've worked on alot of cars & trucks, the Nissan & Toyota FWD are always easier than RWD from the same company. Honda's are easier than any FWD from them. You can't even argue that the plugs on the rear of a V6 are tough to get at when you compare to a pushrod v6 or v8 in anything but a full size truck.

krustindumm
02-20-2007, 11:17 PM
The contour and the cougar are exactly the same car, just that the contour has 4 doors. No Mazda parts on this car, thankfully lol.

I drove a cougar and it handled itself nicely. Now I know why.

JustinS
02-20-2007, 11:30 PM
[quote="JustinS";p="121271":05cfe] The contour and the cougar are exactly the same car, just that the contour has 4 doors. No Mazda parts on this car, thankfully lol.

I drove a cougar and it handled itself nicely. Now I know why.[/quote:05cfe]
Because they have no Mazda parts?

69gt4speed
02-21-2007, 03:02 AM
You can't even argue that the plugs on the rear of a V6 are tough to get at when you compare to a pushrod v6 or v8 in anything but a full size truck.

Gotta call ya on that..... Any hemi (dodge or ford) is way easier. Also any old full size galaxie or now called crown vic (302) is way easier than the nissan v6 we have. I'd even put up any old 289 302 in a 67 to 73 stang/cougar/fairlane/montego. In my spare time off school the ol man made me do tune ups on all that good ford crap. I'm sure if ya came over and I showed you my 428 in my 69 you could get the plugs out quick with a rachet and a 13/16 socket (how quaint). The galaxie is as big as a truck and plugs on top of manifolds. 62 to 91 didn't change much. Ya I don't know a lot about fwd, mostly snow beaters imo but I ask you guys. The accessories and water pumps are a pain on fwd lil I've seen.
67 Galaxie w bbf fe, hooker hdrs pic , sbf looks tiny in comparison trust me. These things will take any motor, cammer, 4v cobra, boss 429.
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/reg ... dia/136535 (http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/136535)
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/reg ... a/136035_1 (http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/136035_1)

Drifte
02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
we talkin about gettin at spark plugs? i gotta acura legend v6, can reach the plugs easy.

thought id toss that in.

ZEE
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
All seven plugs on mine are easy. I don't count the one that takes an hour to get out.

Drifte
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
ha yeah, that one never gets changed LOL.

69gt4speed
02-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Yea a lot of those older gms had that evap sticking out couldn't get back passenger side easy. Usually double a arm cars weren't bad, strut towers with v8 never know. Always something, maint. ppl never were a high priority in anything generally. Some foreign elect. gear well they got tiny tiny fingers I swear. They must use women to assemble it.

Did I tell you I got several brand new ac single plugs in my toolbox? Old G/f never knew.

Drifte
02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
kinda like i did my gf's ranger plugs on one side, but not the other. 4banger doesnt need 8 anyway

69gt4speed
02-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Yea that ranger deal ranks way up there in dumbass stuff. You would think they could of designed a better piston/chamber inlet port to not have dual plugs. The new hemi has them too but easy to get at. Well at least they don't have spark plugs in the exhaust for hydrocarbons.