PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Mencia owned by Joe Rogan

DustinsDuster
02-14-2007, 05:33 PM
i never like Carlos Mencia much, and i think i know why now. i think subconcously, i knew all of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnTRSetqvvQ&eurl

Stutz
02-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I hate joe rogan..

DustinsDuster
02-14-2007, 07:13 PM
how can you hate him after that? hes rapidly becoming my hero...

Drifte
02-14-2007, 07:35 PM
awesome. i had no idea. good stuff.

fbodyguy
02-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Never knew... Good link

lil krumm
02-14-2007, 08:40 PM
that was fucking awesome. joe rogan is the SHIT!!!!!

Drifte
02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
carlos mencia's real name is Ned H-something. hes half german half honduran. hilarious. i got the whole story at joe rogan.net, but i dont really like him either.

Ricky
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
what a poser i HATE ned. i wont watch his show ever agian. Rogan you kick ass

dustin_crxsi
02-14-2007, 10:55 PM
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Carlos Mencia

Bummer

Ashley
02-14-2007, 10:59 PM
still works for me.

loveeee it. joe rogan is pretty rockin.

JustinS
02-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Man, Carlos Mencia is a tool. I love how Rogan has been ripping on people, I still remember that heckler he shut up awhile back. That was pretty damn awesome.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I've always known Mencia was a not at all funny poser. I'm just glad the rest of the world is figuring it out. If you have a shitty catch phrase of "De-de-de" you're fuckin retarded.

DustinsDuster
02-15-2007, 06:20 AM
I've always known Mencia was a not at all funny poser. I'm just glad the rest of the world is figuring it out. If you have a shitty catch phrase of "De-de-de" you're fuckin retarded.

yeah, im pretty sure "De De De" annoys me about as much as "Git'er Done", but at least Larry the Cable Guy doesnt steal material.

myspace videos dont work for me, but if they work for you, you can see the video here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1943001565

Caleb
02-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I've seen this video and I still have mixed feelings on it. Yes stealing jokes gets you a bad rep in the standup business but im trying to look at it from all angles. I've seen alot of Carlos Original material and I like it. I think its funny. If you dont like his stuff thats fine, have a little open mindedness. I dont think Carlos ever lied about being mexican even though his racial background is Honduran/German. When I found out his real name was "Ned Holness" i'm assuming Carlos Mencia is his alter ego character he performs as which I dont see a problem with at all. But back to the whole joke thing. This is why horrible performers dont become popular and real performers take home the money. Carlos may have altered someone elses joke and used it as his own on certain occasions, but since hes a performer he gets a much larger response from these jokes as opposed to the original creators of them. Much like why I will always see that Ari guy being the Amazing Racist and not a stand up comedian. Never was really popular with standup on the performance side, was good as the Amazing Racist fucking with people. Other wise we'd see ALOT more of him today on shows. Comedy is there to make you laugh and being original with your work makes you unique. Carlos using other peoples jokes and slightly altering them...I dont think hes a fake or a hack for doing that. Its all apart of comedic influence but I honestly dont think Joke stealing will ever go away due to the fact of hearsay. This reminds me of the whole Dane Cook stealing from Louis C.K....that was a crock of shit and a half, Louis C.K. went after Dane for stealing 3 sets of jokes from him and was gonna persue it until someone found out originally that Steve Martin had one of those sets in the past before these guys touched a mic. Again its comic inspiration, people altering jokes. But all in all Joe Rogan has a voice and he used it which I respect him for. But eh if Carlos did admit that he took those jokes, it might ruin him unless he gave credit to where its due. But I guarentee if Carlos was a horrible performer, he wouldn't have his own show, half of the stand up's i've seen etc.

P.S. Joe Rogan is a cool guy and all but hes got a big head. He also went on a radio show and clearly thinks we never landed on the moon. But who really knows about that?

http://www.joerogan.net/main.php

EDIT: I watched one of Carlos' old standups - Comedy Central Presents: Carlos Mencia, and he clearly admits in it that he was born in Honduras, but grew up in southern California and people think hes mexican. lolololololol.

DustinsDuster
02-18-2007, 03:35 PM
its not so much that i hate mencia; i just really love seeing a loudmouth get owned in front of people...

Drifte
02-19-2007, 12:25 PM
i think their both pretty much idiots after visiting their websites etc.