PDA

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith dies at 39

Ashley
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
pretty crazy, esp considering the paternity lawsuits going on right now, and her son dying not too long ago.
--------------------------
(CNN) -- Reality TV star and former model Anna Nicole Smith was pronounced dead Thursday after being taken to a Florida hospital, a law enforcement source told CNN.

Smith, 39, collapsed at a south Florida hotel, according to news reports.

"I can confirm that she is deceased. It's as shocking to me as to you guys," Smith's attorney, Ronald Rale, told Reuters. "I don't know anything further. [Her lawyer and husband] Howard [K. Stern], obviously, is speechless and grieving."

Smith's nurse called Seminole Hard Rock Hotel workers at 1:38 p.m. and security went to the room, hotel officials told Reuters. Fire rescue workers arrived within minutes, and Smith was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood at 2:10 p.m. (Watch how Smith's death leaves daughter's fate undecided Video)

Smith was involved in a paternity suit regarding the parentage of her daughter, Danielynn, as well as other disputes, including some regarding a house she stayed at in the Bahamas around the time she gave birth.

Earlier this week, Smith was included in a class-action lawsuit against a company, TrimSpa, for which she had worked as a spokesperson. TrimSpa makes a product it claims leads to substantial weight loss. The lawsuit alleges the marketing of the product, TrimSpa X32, was false or misleading. (Full story)

Smith's son, Daniel Wayne Smith, died at age 20 just days after the birth of Smith's daughter. Pathologist Cyril Wecht said a lethal dose of methadone and antidepressants caused cardiac dysrhythmia, leading to his death.

In June 1994, the then-26-year-old Smith married Texas oil baron J. Howard Marshall II, 89, who had an estate valued at $1.6 billion.

He died the following year, and Smith waged a 12-year feud with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, over the inheritance.

She initially won a $474 million judgment, but that was scrapped when a Texas state court ruled that Pierce Marshall was the sole heir. In May 2006, however, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Smith could pursue her fight in federal court. Pierce Marshall, 67, died in June.

Drifte
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM
ya i read that to. pretty weird. I guess i should have expected it tho.

melhoneybee
02-08-2007, 05:02 PM
yeah i also heard about it.. what ya get for getting to messed up with drugs... i just feel sorry for her little girl..

Ashley
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
i think her lawyer/husband did it. i think he gave her too many pills or something. idk. since he was her husband, he'd get her money, and probably most of the money from that old guy she was married to.

Stutz
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Howard stern was her husband? weird he wouldnt kill her for her money, he prolly makes a lot more anyway.

Ashley
02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
not THE howard stern, its a lawyer who just happens to have that name.

DustinsDuster
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
that woman was like the female version of Gary Busey, i cant believe she survived as long as she did...

ZEE
02-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Something must have killed off the 2 brain cells she had left. 1 cell ran her body and the other ran her mouth. She was an idiot.

Drifte
02-09-2007, 06:05 AM
haha thats funny..but so wrong at this point.

TbTalon94
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I feel sorry for her daughter for losing her mother...but in all reality she is better off without her. Her mom was a complete idiot and a rediculous role model for her daughter. Her daughter will hopefully now grow up with a good role model and not become a money grubbing snob like Anna was (r.i.p).

Ricky
02-09-2007, 04:21 PM
i was sitting at work on break when cnn came through with breaking news

96-eclipse-gst
02-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Almost sounds like the money has a hex, curse, etc on it. Everyone who's had it has died. The Baron, his son, Smith's son, and now Smith. Who's next?

SaNdMaNsSi
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Probably the owners of Trim Spa. Not only because they've touched the money, but God might strike them down for trying to fool people into believing that Anna's fat ass could just drink Trim Spa and drop 5 tons without lipo or a tummy tuck.

Drifte
02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
i was pretty sure her lips could keep her afloat, but i heard not long after her son died her nurse found her face down in their pool and had to resuscitate her. ridiculous..fully grown woman just drugged up and passes out in a pool.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Face down in a pool is really no surprise. The reason no one heard about it is because everyone and their brother has already seen the back of her head, so it wasn't much of a shocker.