PDA

View Full Version : When should CR:U do their cook-out this year?

ZacFields
02-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Alright, last year we had it in June, like we did the year before that, and this time it turned out to be a stormy, frigid cold day and we had to do another one later in the summer to make up for it.

So I'm asking what you guys think. We'll run this poll all the way up until the next "Ride of the Month" poll.

Here's my take on it:

June: Usually the best time when the weather holds out. Unfortunately there is a little bit of cold weather here and there still in June, so your odds of having a decent cook-out are not as good. But when you get a good day, it's usually perfect. Not blazing hot, but usually in the 80's and sunny. Lots of people out at the beach.

July: Shortly after the 4th is usually a great time. Everyone had their nice cars out for the parades and car shows, so by now all the nice classic cars are still rolling around. Weather is usually good in July and everyone is generally out of school and set to go.

August: Usually the warmest of the three months, but by now a lot of the college kids are getting ready to head back to the dorms and such.

Tell me what you guys think:

Zac

DustinsDuster
02-02-2007, 06:18 AM
i am down for whatever man. if its cold, Jay and i can just drink beer til were warm anyway. i would ask not to do it the first week in June though, im hoping to go see my mom in California that week.

Dustin

Ricky
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
if we do late july i can finaly drink! haha yeah i know im young. i voted early july cuz by then im done with summer classes and there is less persure. anytime really works.

biohazard
02-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Have 2 of em again. Who knows when I will be at either Maxwell AFB or Ellsworth AFB. Hopefully I'd be able to make one of em atleast.

lil krumm
02-04-2007, 09:07 PM
two sound good to me, one early and one later.

Ashley
02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
not to be a negative nancy, but if we do two... we're gonna need a lotta donations, guys. last year we spent a few hundred dollars (pretty close to 1k, if i remember right) on the bbq's including the banners and everything. so i don't mind doing the work/shopping/whatev for 2 of them... but please donate :)

plus if we have two, we can have one on my birthday, june 23rd, its a saturday :)

DustinsDuster
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
im gonna donate no matter what, but if its gonna cost that much, id understand if we only had one of them. i didnt really realize it cost so much...

s13kid
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Im gonna try to make it out to the bbq this year, Get to meet some of yah.

Ashley
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
its a lot of little stuff that adds up. the fee for the pavillion each time we use it, soda, ice, LOTS and LOTS of food, the banners were pretty expensive.. and i guess some of that was for the shirts too. but its kinda pricey when you add it all up.

ZacFields
02-05-2007, 12:30 AM
It's all good guys.

If doing two cookouts is what you guys want, that's what we'll do. The only thing about the cookouts is that we usually spend far more than we need to on stuff. We usually buy too much mean, buns, chips, etc. So I think with cutting down on food this doesn't have to be nearly as expensive as we make it. I still have hamburgers in my freezer from last years picnic. lol. but I'm almost done eating them :)

Zac

hondacrxT
02-06-2007, 08:06 AM
When ever it is I'll be there. It'll be my first one considering, that I've never been able to drive there myself. It feels good haveing a car I can actually call my own.

Dallas

Drifte
02-06-2007, 10:18 AM
damnit i voted without reading. i clicked early june, and was wishing their was one that said early june and again sometime...well their was!...im an idiot

Ricky
02-23-2007, 10:38 AM
i did the same thing colton :( i want to change my vote to two of them

Drifte
02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
hey i got it. how bout its BYOB, and everyone can bring anything they want to add to the foods. b can also stand for beverage btw, of non alcoholic nature.