PDA

View Full Version : CR:U Hacked

ZacFields
02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Actually...no... it wasn't CR:U that got hacked. It was actually my server that was hacked. But some of you may noticed some serious lag between yesterday and today.

My server was compromised by a hacker from Ukraine last night and he was running scans on my server that were causing the CPU usage to go through the roof and thus slowing down the site pretty hardcore.

I spent all day trying to figure out how to make it stop...finally I got the hacker out of our server and our good friend Ty Bodell helped me out by putting some security measures to help prevent this from happening again.

In short, all is well now. But I think my butt is stuck to the computer chair.

Zac

Drifte
02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
ive been stuck to my comp chair for a few days now. you were hacked my hd went poo

JustinS
02-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I have been stuck on my duff for the past couple of days too, but nothing of mine computer wise had problems. I did assist the gf in installing Windows Vista onto her laptop, I kind of like that OS, wish I could have it.

DustinsDuster
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
dont worry, im up and moving around every day enough for all three of us..

JustinS
02-01-2007, 09:04 PM
LOL, well thank you Dustin. It means a lot for you to take on for the team like that! 8)

ZacFields
02-01-2007, 09:09 PM
^ Yeah I was thinking a few things. Maybe drink a few drinks for me tonight?

Zac

OldSkoolRCR
02-02-2007, 05:55 AM
I was wondering what was up...lets go to the Ukraine and kick his ass...I'll drive

DustinsDuster
02-02-2007, 06:22 AM
i say we just get Jasone Bourne to go kill him. much more efficient answer. either that or tell Jay some Al Qeida member hiding out in the Ukraine did it...

ZacFields
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Get this, though.... I was actually kinda scared yesterday.

Yesterday was my first time dealing with a hacker actually STILL ON my server. Like virtually "chasing" him off the server. I was on the edge because I didn't know exactly what he was capable of getting from my account. So while I was messing with this, I got a call from an unknown 800 number.

When I picked up the phone it was a computerized voice saying "This is wells fargo calling to confirm some activity on your visa card account. Please enter your visa card information..." So I was freaking out at this point because I thought he either had my credit card info or my personal information and was trying to con me.

But I called wells fargo back and I got a representative and she told me it was really a wells fargo number, and that she doesnt' know why they use that scary sounding electronic voice because nobody in their right mind is going to pick up their phone and give their credit card number to that thing. She said people usually just hang up on it and call them anyways... it was just meant to save a little money on labor of the call center people.

But dude... I turned ice cold when all this shit was going on at the same time.

Zac

PS: And yes Ed I'd like to go over there with a shotgun and find the guy that did this. Stupid hackers.