PDA

View Full Version : LOCAL TRACK RULES ON HOODS

GMPARTSMAN
01-30-2007, 05:38 PM
anyone know if there is track rules on which type of hood retainers you use.ie:dzus or 4 pin style.just got a lift off hood and before it was put on wanted to check..didnt know if 4 pin was prefered for ease of getting it off in case of trouble under hood or not..would like to use a dzus kit as i think they look cleaner and function just as well as 4 pin..anyone have any tips or experience on installing the dzus kit..hate to screw up a $ hood i know its glass and can be fixed but why mess it up.

Ninesecsnake
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I had dzus fastners on my last hood, NEVER AGAIN, they suck. I dont think it matters how you hold your hood down, as long as it secure.

Scott
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
haha, take your time, make sure you put some duct tape around the fastener when you rivet it down to the hood, it seems like no matter how hard you try the damn rivet gun always jump on the paint and scratches it when it pops.

DustinsDuster
01-31-2007, 04:53 PM
haha, take your time, make sure you put some duct tape around the fastener when you rivet it down to the hood, it seems like no matter how hard you try the damn rivet gun always jump on the paint and scratches it when it pops.

i think you just need some practice Scott. i got pretty good with a rivet gun after a couple years of building a circle track car.

Scott
02-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Yeah I think your probably right Dustin, I dont use rivet's too much, but if you put a little scuff or scratch on a dirt track car who cares... but you scratched my hood, thats hell to pay right there...but anyway I dont mind my dzus fasteners at all its just the fact you almost need 2 people to open the damn thing and then find a good place to put it after that, kind of a pain in the ass when someone at a gas station ask's you to pop the hood to check it out, ya know...

Ninesecsnake
02-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah I think your probably right Dustin, I dont use rivet's too much, but if you put a little scuff or scratch on a dirt track car who cares... but you scratched my hood, thats hell to pay right there...but anyway I dont mind my dzus fasteners at all its just the fact you almost need 2 people to open the damn thing and then find a good place to put it after that, kind of a pain in the ass when someone at a gas station ask's you to pop the hood to check it out, ya know...

Not to mention how easy it is to scratch your fenders taking it off and on by yourself. I still say they suck, but they do look good.

There are new hood pins that fold flat and look good, but I can't remember who sells them.

GMPARTSMAN
02-01-2007, 07:52 PM
[quote="Scott";p="120369":306b4]

Not to mention how easy it is to scratch your fenders taking it off and on by yourself. I still say they suck, but they do look good.

There are new hood pins that fold flat and look good, but I can't remember who sells them.[/quote:306b4]

i am kinda leaning toward the dzus..i use them on all the aluminum panels in the trunk and they will hold the aluminum inner fenders in also..hey snake are these the flat ones you were talking about if not these are trick if someone wanted a sleek look.....
http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm