PDA

View Full Version : X-box

Scott
01-29-2007, 07:04 AM
I have an old x-box I dont really use anymore because I have a 360 now, I dont know if its possible to put some sort of web browser on these things or what I can really do with a mod chip in it?? If anyone can answer these questions and knows how to do it I will pay them to do it, if I dont like it or dont want it done I will sell it along with a bunch of games a few controllers if someone is interested. :biggrin:

Malibu
01-29-2007, 07:28 AM
There are alot of things that you can do with the xbox once it has been modded. Most people install Xbox Media Center which is very similar to the the Windows Media Center interface. It allows you to play movies and music over a network as well as watch youtube and browse some websites video content. Also once it has been modded you can play copied games and install emulators to play other types of video games like NES, SNES, N64, Playstation, Genisis. There are two different ways to do the modding, you can do a software mod or a hardware mod. The benefit of a software mod is that you don't have to take apart the xbox, but it is not as flexable and there is more of a change of failure. I have done quite a few of the mod chips and a couple with the softmod. I would be willing to put in a mod chip for you and setup the software on the xbox if you would like. If you have in question feel free to ask. Also Xbox-Scene (http://www.xbox-scene.com) has alot of information about modding.

Aaron

Ricky
02-04-2007, 01:38 PM
if its modded then my xbox live wont work will it? im interested in this too