PDA

View Full Version : Couple of recent races -- in the Lightning

93mazdarx7
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I came into a few street races this past weekend. Came out 1 for 2.

Heading out to lunch going down a 3 lane one way frontage in the afternoon, and some SRT-4 comes flying past me with a huge FMIC, super loud and big exhaust and kicks his clearly aftermarket BOV a few times next to me. It certainly didnt sound or move like a stock one. As luck would have it, there wasn't much traffic and I got next to him at the light. My passenger glanced at the SRT, who was looking back. Pretty clear he wanted a piece. Light turned, gave it about 1/2 throttle so as to not spin. We heard him go WOT so I punched it. Pulled a solid car on him, hit 2nd and chirped hard, almost getting loose. He was about 3 cars back by then. Kept it WOT and by the time we hit 80 he was 5-6 cars back. Next stop light I put down the passenger window and gave him a thumbs up, he didnt bother to look and turned off. My passenger said he was probably embarassed to get beat by a truck :supz: :supz: :supz:

Later that night coming home around 1am on the 6 lane Interstate, roads were pretty empty, just a few cars here and there. Something pretty low profile came flying up the left side of me. This jet black Supra rolls by sounding mean as shit. He revs at me a bit then jumps on it. I'm just thinking "No way, what the hell is he thinking?" He proceeds to slow down and rev and me again. Well, I indulge the guy from a 40mph roll and it's not very close :prayer: He walked me pretty bad, and I was expecting no less. I'm sure he was probably running a T78 or T88 the way he steamrolled me on the highway.

Ah well, you win some and ya lose some :)

JustinS
01-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Sounds like some fun times for you. It's always funny when someone wont look over at you after they lost, and most of the time that guy me. lol, my car is teh slow.

DustinsDuster
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
before i saw who made the post, i thought to myself, "self? who the fuck would be racing in the winter?" and then i saw it was you and just thought, "damn him and his nice weather location..."

Drifte
01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
thats awesome to hear. both of em. sucks you lost but awesome dude.

TbTalon94
01-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't even be mad i was beaten my a supra. I would have just been glad i got to hear/see it go.

Kind of like getting the opportunity to run against an Enzo or something of that nature. You know your going to get stomped but the fun factor goes through the roof know that your going to get to see that shit fly.

69gt4speed
01-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Oh well you never know till you give it a shot. There had some japanese guy from i.c. in a last year produced supra that turned me down, I gave him a roll, dig or whatever he wanted, to see it run. Couple of summers ago it was. He was doing the usual, hanging out by dairyqueen. He said 450hp on stock like twins. Must be nice to have good weather it sucks here... Better to give it a shot and lose than I should of or could of and didn't.

DustinsDuster
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
450hp on stock turbos? i dont know a lot about Supras, but that seems a little high. oh well, funny thing is, it probably still only runs high 13's

TbTalon94
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
lol high 13's is only Supra hater talk. Just like how every says DSMs are the most unreliable cars out there and they break all the time. You get someone that takes care of them and knows what they are doing and they are as reliable as anything else out there.

Stock twins can be taken into the 450hp range with a good tune and good bolt-ons. Also depends how they are running. If they are being ran like the stock set-up (sequential i believe), then it would be a little harder...whereas if you bypasses a few solenoids and ran them true twin then 450hp is obtainable. With a good driver that will probably get you in the high 11's.

There are people with 800+hp supras that run 15's...cuz they can't drive or don't have the proper equipment.

DustinsDuster
02-10-2007, 04:13 PM
i dont know Trevor, it seems i see a lot more Supras that dont run as good as they should than supras i see that actually run the numbers.

1200hp should get you faster than high 9's in my opinion.....

TbTalon94
02-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Look up the guy Ryan Woon. Or go to WOTM.com

He has a 1200+hp supra...all stock body, stock 6-speed running 8's i do believe. Also was a daily driver. The problem is traction. Supra's aren't the best for traction. Nothing like a tubbed out nova or something of that sort.

DustinsDuster
02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
i thought that guy was running a TH400 and had a mini-tubbed Supra? i remember that one running eights, but thought it was making more like 1500 hp.

the deal is, i totally understand and acknowledge the fact that there are fast supras. i just have a hard time trusting a car that runs eights but cant pull the wheels off the ground.

the fast supras i have seen havent had that many traction problems, mostly because they had to run such a big turbo it didnt seem to spool up until the 60' mark.

i just dont like all the hype around Supras. maybe it is just bad drivers and bad tunes/combos, but for all the shit you hear about them, you would think they would perform a little better on average...

TbTalon94
02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm telling you it's traction. Ryan had a full stock body (with cage of course) and a stock 6-speed and ran 8's. Don't know the size of tires, but i'm almost positive it wasn't/isn't tubbed.

The problem with Supras is they make GOBS of power but they have a really peaky power-band. So when they finally get in the power-band it jumps from like 300hp to 1300hp and the wheels just spin. There are some guys out there that know what they are doing and broaden out the power-band to make a VERY fun car and one that's pretty fawkin fast. I think you should do a lil more reading up on Supras mang.

Like i said...DSMs get a bad rep from people who don't know what they are doing, and so do Supras. Supras are almost worse because there are a lot of idiots out there with lots of money where they can just bolt on all these kick ass parts then can't drive worth of shit and have their 1200hp+ supra running 12's.

Drifte
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
its that damn little straight 6's. those 2uz supra guys know how to get it done. its all in how the create their power...its easiest to make a lot at once.

black88gt
02-12-2007, 12:54 PM
dyyyyyyyno queens

TbTalon94
02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
another bad rep

Drifte
02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
probably doesnt know what a 2uz is either.

black88gt
02-12-2007, 06:34 PM
lol no i dont know what a 2uz is but i know what a 2jz is

black88gt
02-12-2007, 06:35 PM
and many supras do become dyno queens, when the twins are swapped for an oversized single. rape anything in a roll/highway race, but out of the hole they arent much

black88gt
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
not to mention my comment was a joke lol

Drifte
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
2uz is the new generation of supra. watch out. just watched a vid today of a supra v supra battle on interstate, it was awesome.

TbTalon94
02-14-2007, 08:06 AM
the one i sent you? 70-170mph took like 5 seconds.

Drifte
02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
yeah thats the one. that car sounded awesome. when i say 2uz is the next generation, i dont mean from the new supra, i mean its what the next gen supra guys are doing.

4.7-5.3l i believe are the sizes tehy can run now.

Ricky
02-18-2007, 09:28 PM
so by dropping a v8 in an import does that make it a import mussel car...?

Drifte
02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
its still a toyota motor. it had muscle from the start, and its just as heavy as most muscle cars. but most muscle cars have gay interiors. so i say its just a supra.

DustinsDuster
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
c'mon, youre telling me these interiors are gay? (yes these were factory options)

http://www.mooresmopars.com/Modtop_27/images/modtop27-3.jpg
http://www.mooresmopars.com/Modtop_27/images/modtop27-9c.jpg
http://www.mooresmopars.com/images/jpg/modtop33-02.jpg
http://www.mooresmopars.com/images/jpg/modtop38-top.jpg
http://andy440.com/modtop.jpg

ZEE
02-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I say they are gay. But rare and worth some dough

tylers88
06-16-2007, 12:30 AM
wow I want to know whats gay about black leather buckets and wood trim i the dash and a nice ol' fat ass Hurst t grip shifter or ZEE your Camaro is a muscle car new muscle but muscle now the less.
So are you telling us your interior is gay??

Drifte
06-16-2007, 12:36 AM
its been a while, but i think we were refering to older muscle cars. but still, i havnt seen one i like in a long time new or old.

and their old ass bucket seats were about as good at holding you in as a 5 gallon bucket.

tylers88
06-16-2007, 12:39 AM
thats still better than my pick ups bench seat that i drive like a race car

lil krumm
06-16-2007, 10:33 AM
thats still better than my pick ups bench seat that i drive like a race car

thats why i put DSM buckets in my truck. to hold me in since i push it hard when cornering.