PDA

View Full Version : Some of you may wonder what I do at work

TbTalon94
01-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Yea I do CAD work (computer aided design) for a living. I draw roof plans, and detailed drawings of roof composition. Yea yea i know it sounds SOOO fun. Well sometimes I get a break every now and then when i catch up on all my work...and I mess around with a program called SolidWorks. It's basically a really advanced CAD program but in full 3d. I've been messing around with it lately and have figured out how to do some simple stuff.

No remind you I am completely self taught and these things are just messing around. All of the flanges are to scale though. Tell me what you think.

-Trevor

Drifte
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM
1st ones my favorite. gotta do somethin like that on stros civ.

boxmakingman
01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
44mm vband for life

slow ride
01-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Add a brace to from the wastgate to either the turbo flange or dp flange. Over time the weld can crack if left to support the entire weight of the wastgate.

I'd make the housing extend down further and go up to 3" asap, dump the wastgate back in to the exhaust. Makes the car sound much better IMHO. You can actually hear the turbo and bov instead of a loud blat every time you reach full boost.

warchild145
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Life sure is rough in that office. :roll: Pretty sweet drawings though.

DustinsDuster
01-25-2007, 07:10 PM
-i took mechanical drawing one and two in highschool, and there were two asian kids in my class who were so badass with CAD, they were showing the teacher how to do new things every day. it reminds me a lot of them and the stuff they did.

neat stuff, i wouldnt mind messing around with CAD again soemtime, im pretty sure ive forgotten how to do pretty much everything by now though...

Drifte
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
one of the few programs i dont have, and i want it!