PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Up A S-AFC 2

Ricky
01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
as most of you know stro is going turbo soon and we plan on getting started. i was just wondering if any of you know were all the wires get tapped into. If u have a diagram that would be sweet. any help would be nice cuz we plan on doing that this weekend. thanks for your help

TbTalon94
01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
I can help you guys this weekend. It's pretty straight forward.

Ricky
01-18-2007, 08:00 AM
sweet thanks trevor we want to get the and the intercooler in this weekend

Drifte
01-18-2007, 12:06 PM
we do, but has anyone talked to stro?

Ricky
01-18-2007, 09:24 PM
haha idk

Stg4raddo
01-22-2007, 06:02 PM
you guys are installing a front mount with no turbo or piping before the engine etc is in umm why? sounds like the dumb ass that wanted me to turbo his civic last summer. FMIC should basicly go on last in my mind

lil krumm
01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
you guys are installing a front mount with no turbo or piping before the engine etc is in umm why? sounds like the dumb ass that wanted me to turbo his civic last summer. FMIC should basicly go on last in my mine

well when they dont have alot of time you have to do things this way. think about it, hows he suppose to drive it when all he has installed is a turbo and nothing else. thats basically what your saying, install turbo first, everything else later. real smart tyler, watch his shit blow up if you do it that way.

Stg4raddo
01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
come on kent. it makes perfect sense to get the new motor with turbo on etc the mount the FMIC so you can get all the charge pipes right . and your only have to have the bumper off once. I dont see the point in mounting a FMIC with out having a turbo and other things installed.

Stg4raddo
01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
[quote="Stg4raddo";p="119721":55bf0]
you guys are installing a front mount with no turbo or piping before the engine etc is in umm why? sounds like the dumb ass that wanted me to turbo his civic last summer. FMIC should basicly go on last in my mine

well when they dont have alot of time you have to do things this way. think about it, hows he suppose to drive it when all he has installed is a turbo and nothing else. thats basically what your saying, install turbo first, everything else later. real smart tyler, watch his shit blow up if you do it that way.[/quote:55bf0]

kent i never said run the car with out the FMIC.

lil krumm
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
[quote="lil krumm";p="119722":4c8b7][quote="Stg4raddo";p="119721":4c8b7]

well when they dont have alot of time you have to do things this way. think about it, hows he suppose to drive it when all he has installed is a turbo and nothing else. thats basically what your saying, install turbo first, everything else later. real smart tyler, watch his shit blow up if you do it that way.[/quote:4c8b7]

kent i never said run the car with out the FMIC.
[/quote:4c8b7]

yea but when they can only work on it over the weekends they cant get it all done. this is stros DD so some shit has to be done before hand to keep it on the road.

Drifte
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
get the front mount in and trim the bunper to fit. its a part you want to look flawless and the chargepipe is all custom.

Ricky
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
donka shaa

TbTalon94
01-23-2007, 08:56 AM
It's easy to mount a fmic and get half the pipes done with the car still able to drive. It's time saving.

Drifte
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
thats what i was trying to say. idk what erics saying...

Ashley
01-23-2007, 02:25 PM
donka shaa

danke schoen?

nice try though :)

Stro
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Let me get this straight for ya all. Okay...

I don't have a second car to drive, my install must be quick and without error.

Tyler: i've taken my front bumper off more times than i can remember so it doesn't matter if i have to take it off more than once, 4 screws.

I'm also trying to make sure i've got all the parts i need before i install because as i said above, i don't have another car. SO if im in the middle of the install with the engine on the floor, i don't want to be missing something Critical.

The only thing i'm waiting on is charge piping that one of the krumms is supposed to help me with, dustin or colton.

I would love to get the install done as soon as possible but you guys need to call me and let ME know when were working on my car. I don't check CRU every day.

RandomHero
01-23-2007, 04:31 PM
i would wait till the snow melts personally

Stg4raddo
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
i would wait till the snow melts personallyagrred matt shits cold out right now i froze my balls off the other night geting the trans for corrado ready.

stro if u need charge pipe why dont u pick up a ebay charge pipe set up like 100 bux and it comes with decent couplers and clamps and every pipe has bead rolled ends on it. just an idea

Drifte
01-24-2007, 11:00 AM
his cai works well for the upper charge pipe already. i figure if i have to fab up a DP and recirc tube from the wastegate, i might as well use the already made charge pipe we have for a 4g civ.

stro's got a heated garage too...just a matter of us all gettin together

TbTalon94
01-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Heated garage? I'm game. Let's take a weekend, get some drinks and put some shit together.

Ricky
01-24-2007, 03:48 PM
i dont think i should drink and work on stuff at the same time. maybe when we call it a day we should get wasted

Drifte
01-24-2007, 04:25 PM
self control eric. im takin away that hard liquor and putting you back on BL.

TbTalon94
01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
No shit you can't handle that Hot Damn. Passing out on my floor after not even drinking 8oz. of it.

I don't know about you guys, but i can probably say Colton and I would work a little better when we have some drinks in us. It loosens up the hands. Plus I won't freak out when i bust the shit out of knuckles.

Stro
01-25-2007, 02:27 PM
As long as were not busting the shit out of my car or parts. lol

Drifte
01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
oh i hate busted knuckles. and a couple cans is good or workin!

Ricky
01-30-2007, 11:01 PM
I wuv my Hot Damn 100. and trev 8oz. in an hour when its 100 proof is a lot. jerk

dustin_crxsi
01-31-2007, 01:38 PM
I dont know if you guys are still installing the safc. But From personal experiance, Its foolish to spend that much for that piece of equiptment. Just have your computer chipped, and find someone who knows how to tune. Any Piggyback system like that is also a waiting targer for a thief. That gets stolen, then your really in trouble.

Plus you cant get added features like a 2step Launch cntrole, rev limiter. a safc messes with your Map sensor.

TbTalon94
01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
I see where your comming from Dustin...but you are talking to people that KNOW what they are doing. Your barking up the wrong tree.

dustin_crxsi
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Edit:

If thats what you think you need to run your car, Like Brent Johnston and his:
E-manage
Safc Neo
FMU

all to run his turbo d15. wtf?

Its alot easyer, and you can do soooo much more by getting your computer chipped, and you can have it set to run, Nitrous, and boost. can you do that with AFC? No you can only tune fuel maps. When you decide to try out what I'm telling you, Pm either myself, Or KrustinDumm

lil krumm
01-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Edit:

E-manage
Safc Neo
FMU

Its alot easyer, and you can do soooo much more by getting your computer chipped, and you can have it set to run, Nitrous, and boost. can you do that with AFC? No you can only tune fuel maps. When you decide to try out what I'm telling you, Pm either myself, Or KrustinDumm

krustin is on those guys side because this was his setup and hes helping put it together. and its turbo d16 not d15.

dustin_crxsi
01-31-2007, 03:47 PM
[quote="dustin_crxsi";p="120310":82a5d]
Edit:

E-manage
Safc Neo
FMU

krustin is on those guys side because this was his setup and hes helping put it together. and its turbo d16 not d15.[/quote:82a5d]

I wasnt talking about who's ever car this topic about. Im talking about a different person. But its my opinion. I dont want to hear a useless decussion over my opinion. we'll leave it as that.

TbTalon94
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
like i said...you don't know the people you are talking to who are doing this project, so just move along.

Drifte
01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
yeah hilarious. he just told me to get a hold of my own brother. I appreciate your concern for our tuning. We have a lot of tuning experience between all of us together, with honda and dsm.

just to add a reminder. this is no race car, this is a DD street car. with hopes of retaining a/c and all driving comforts.

dustin_crxsi
01-31-2007, 04:30 PM
yeah hilarious. he just told me to get a hold of my own brother. I appreciate your concern for our tuning. We have a lot of tuning experience between all of us together, with honda and dsm.

just to add a reminder. this is no race car, this is a DD street car. with hopes of retaining a/c and all driving comforts.

I have 3 a/c till 140...then I roll up my windows :)

Drifte
01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
huh?

Ricky
02-01-2007, 08:51 AM
he is saying his "a/c" is the windows down. then he rolls it up when its too windy. kinda a dumb way of saying you dont need a/c

Drifte
02-01-2007, 09:42 AM
my cars with a/c woulda roasted his. and i woulda been running the a/c im sure. but anyway. ..

TbTalon94
02-01-2007, 09:51 AM
I second that ^^

lil krumm
02-01-2007, 10:00 AM
a/c is my hero on humid days, other wise its windows down for me. stro has got some of the best workin on this car. it could prolly smoke your ALLMOTOR crx when its done.

Drifte
02-01-2007, 10:05 AM
yeah trevor we stepped out of our "class." we shouldnt be mentioning our stuff. we'll just let another honda roast it haha. i guess i have one too...someone should buy it.